Alamo Rent A Car Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Alamo Rent A Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Decent Hours, Decent pay, great benefits" (in 4 reviews)

• "The pay started off really good pay" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "However, upper management changed and that all changed" (in 4 reviews)

• "There are too many managers and assistant managers and most don't know what is going on" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great employer"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Jackson Hole, WY
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Jackson Hole, WY

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful team and management

Cons

Less commission in the off season.

Aug 22, 2018 – Manager Employer Brand

Thanks for your review! Keep up the great work in Jackson Hole!

2. "A great place to start a sales career"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good coworkers, meeting people from all around the world

Cons

low pay, long hours,

3. "Rental Agent"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good incentive pay and nice co workers

Cons

There are never enough vehicles
    Not enough rental agents.
    If you cannot work more than 45 hours a week DO NOT WORK HERE. I've been forced every week for the past 2 months to stay after because they can't find anyone for the midnight shift and wont hire any new people. You are only allowed to decline a "force" twice within a 15 month span, so if you decline more than twice and have a family emergency you immediately get terminated. This place is a good work place for only people with seniority.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns and work with them.

"Save yourself and do not work here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A large majority of the customers are very engaging and delightful to work with.

Cons

There is a culture that has been engraved by the management that is boarder line communism. All of the employees are in fear of loosing their job because the turn over rate is so high that everyone is in fear of their position over the most minuscule of interactions. Not everyone is like this but there is always a thriving group of people that do not fear to report you to management over the smallest thing such as standing a little too close in their personal bubble. It feels as if people have intensive to report such minor interactions to get the spotlight of being fired off of them and onto another person because of the never ending rut over rate.

Advice to Management

You all need to calm the hell down. Stop throwing your power around and creating a never ending circle of testosterone that infinity crashed into another and makes everyone in such fear of their own job position that they would rather shoot someone else and watch vicariously on the side lines knowing they can sleep another night they have a job to go to in the morning. I personally had many night of wrestles sleep (when I could get it in the midst of their infinite harassment over the smallest and most useless things) thinking about why I am there and why I wake up to deal with the torment of management at Alamo.

-ps: No one needs upwards of 8 managers to make you do things that contradict what the other managers tell you to do with the same task you are given. We don't need to see your corporate agenda ruin the quality of peoples daily lives. It is all counterproductive and that is why your turn over rate if at such an alarming rate. The problem is the managers and forced way of scared work life. It is not the employees. So please fire yourselves to make the work place a better and more long lasting environment to work in.

(add on) They fire people without warning over anything their corporate agenda holds.

Oct 1, 2018 – Manager Employer Brand

Thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry you had a negative experience during your time with Alamo. We're curious if you'd be willing to go into more detail regarding your review. We know you've left... More

5. "Station Manager"

Current Employee - Station Manager
    Current Employee - Station Manager

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As a manager you are in control of the operation and have a relatively flexible work schedule. T&E account saves the day when you are hungry and wanting to perk employee morale.

Cons

The list goes on an on. Company culture is all about paying dumb people low wages to stay in their jobs as long as possible. They could care less about retention because there is always someone with less experience ready to take your job for lower pay. Management is a joke often and they chose people purely based on politics for promotion. Pay is low for what you have to put up with.

Advice to Management

Pay all your employees more and recognize your managers that run your operations. I can't wait to leave the company and have nothing positive to say about it. I would never recommend anyone working for Enterprise Holdings LLC.

Aug 6, 2018 – Manager Employer Brand

We're sorry you've had a negative experience as a Station Manager for Alamo. Thanks for the feedback on your experiences.

6. "Good job to have sometimes"

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car full-time

Pros

Study work, good pto, work from home option

Cons

Attendance policy is a joke 3 days, even with a doctors note no exception for anyone

7. "Customer Service Agent"

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car full-time

Pros

$15/hour minimum wage and you usually got time off when requested. Overtime was usually approved as well.

Cons

Since it's at the airport, it is open 24 hours, so there's a possibility for shift work.

8. "Yikes"

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Missoula, MT
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working with customers face to face, learning lots of skills, flexible hours

Cons

doesn't pay well, manger is rude and lazy and doesn't like training her employees

Advice to Management

be nice to the people who work for you and pay your workers a livable wage

9. "Rental Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seniority is everything if you are willing to stay 10 to 15 years to see a decent salary. Decent 41K, you get all the overtime you want, there is always a customer to be help.

Cons

Fleet is limited and sales goals are not achievable unless you work in a very busy location like the airport or Disney. It is a very stressful environment. You are not just going to be renting cars you are going to be doing everything. You have sick days that you can't use the will give you a verbal warning and so and so.

Advice to Management

If an employee have dedicated you 28 years to the company; please have the decency to at lease recognize their work when they retire. Numbers are important but numbers are made by people.

10. "Station Manager"

Former Employee - Station Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Station Manager in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay started off really good pay.

Cons

Very long hours that were worth it when pay was good. However, upper management changed and that all changed.

Advice to Management

Be realistic with hours