KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Alarm.com Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Updated Nov 5, 2021

Found 7 of over 335 reviews

4.1
Alarm.com President and CEO  Steve Trundle (no image)
Steve Trundle

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alarm.com and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place I Have Ever Worked!

Mar 20, 2017 - Team Lead Support Operations in Bloomington, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Best Team I have ever worked with including managers, peers, and employees in general. Everyone one is motivated to work at a high level day in and and day out. Everyone is looking out for each other and has your best interest in mind. - Great challenges everyday that keep you constantly learning and growing. I have learned more in this role than all my previous roles combined I would say. - Top workplace for a reason, culture is like no other position I worked before, incredibly collaborative, interesting, fun, and challenging. - Being a Leader, I know I have influence on many decisions that go towards the overall goals of the company. - Growing company which means you have opportunities that may not even be currently there right now, but you have the ability to pave your way if you work hard enough. - No matter who you are your idea is listened to. - Let's not forget about the sweet technology we get to use on a daily basis.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything to say poorly about Alarm.com. I have been here almost 2 years and have enjoyed my job everyday no matter how much I had on my plate.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Great place to work!

Aug 22, 2014 - Dealer Support Operations Associate in Bloomington, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The group of people I work with is tight-knit and more motivated than at any other place I've ever worked. No one is here for a paycheck, everyone here is working to make the company, product, and services we offer be the best they can possibly be. There are lots of opportunities to create your own place in the company, and our culture is very employee-created rather than leadership-forced as I've experienced elsewhere. It's great to work for a place where all of my coworkers genuinely believe in what we do and want to work at being the best at everything they're involved in.

Cons

No real cons, but there are challenges associated with being part of a rapidly-growing company, though most of these end up being an opportunity to be part of shaping the company, and that's exciting.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast growing company with a casual atmosphere

Mar 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive training opportunities, fun co-workers, and a relaxed work environment.

Cons

Hard to get promoted, pay is not competitive for the area, company is growing faster than it can keep up

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An extremely rare, fun, and rewarding opportunity

Oct 6, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Highly approachable and amicable senior management. They set a very high bar and work harder than everyone. - High recruiting standards. The company is crowded with talent - Most of the people have great work ethics and are highly dependable - Constantly challenging with constant room to drive change - Technical management decisions are always made with smart planning and smart sense - Very very low turnover - One of the previous posts mentioned that there's not a lot of hand holding. I thought of this as a con too, but this actually gives everyone the opportunity to mold and define themselves into a contributing individual within the company, as there's always more work to do, and always things to improve - Benefits are around industry standard - not a big pro or big con - Most employees are very young - it's proven here to be more of a pro than con

Cons

- A ton of hours - Experiencing growing pains from the rapid company growth - Hard to find information - It's a little too easy to get away with work accountability as most folks are drowned in work - Job title assignments are weird, but it doesn't really affect much

5. 5.0

I love this place

Aug 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

An amazing company culture, fun, great managers, company really cares for employees, and the company is growing like crazy

Cons

You will likely be sitting in a cubicle all day, but everything is new and the floor layout is great

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work and learn!

Mar 19, 2015 - Marketing in Vienna, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits package, laid back work environment, control my own schedule, working on cutting edge technology in a fast growing company, lots of social events. Learning an incredible amount as I work across departments and am looped in to announcements and executive meetings. Extra perks like flying the whole company down to Nashville, and watching the Washington Capitals from the corporate box are icing on the cake.

Cons

Can be stressful due to mis-communication at times.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work and Grow Career

Nov 5, 2021 - Lead Product Manager in Tysons Corner, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Growing company focused on emerging technologies. - Excellent corporate culture. - Rewarding work focused on improving the wellness and safety of millions of end users around the world.

Cons

- Benefits are good but not quite as generous as other tech companies. - Opportunities to grow your career and compensation not always obvious and transparent.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 Reviews

Popular Careers with Alarm.com Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Alarm.com? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Alarm.com Careers

Cover image for Alarm.com

Our technology powers the connected home and business. WE INVENT AND INNOVATE Our platform and solutions are at the center of four...More

• About Us
  • Our Values
  • Our Employees

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

494 days ago

Employee Story
As a Senior Program Manager for Alarm.com, Albert Lin helps the Device Engineering team stay aligned with company objectives and makes sure his team members have access to the resources they need to be successful. Albert enjoys the genuine camaraderie on his team, saying, “It’s incredibly cool to see teammates step up and provide an assist that can go a long way to making someone else’s day. I appreciate everyone’s willingness to help each other out.” Alarm.com gives Albert and his team the chance to regularly try new things. According to Albert, “The work that our engineering team tackles, naturally involves some level of experimentation—much of what we do hasn’t been done before—so trying out new ideas is just part of our process!” Want to join Albert at Alarm.com? Learn more at alarm.com/careers.
Shared image - Alarm.com on LinkedIn: As a Senior Program Manager for Alarm.com, Albert Lin helps the Device
www.linkedin.com

494 days ago

Employee Story
"Alarm.com is a place where you can grow professionally and personally; I have never had that before,” says Alexander Rasmussen, Support Operations team lead at Alarm.com. Alex manages nine Support Operation Associates, and his team is responsible for getting critical tools and resources in the hands of Alarm.com employees. In addition to his day-to-day operational duties, Alex also assists in the new hire onboarding process, which is one of his favorite responsibilities. Alex recently celebrated his two-year anniversary at Alarm.com, and he says, “I have found a home at Alarm.com. It’s a place where I can use my strengths to the max and where I get all the support I need to work on new opportunities.” Want to work with Alex? Learn more at alarm.com/careers.
Shared image - Alarm.com on LinkedIn: #hiring #techjobs
Alarm.com on LinkedIn: #hiring #techjobs
www.linkedin.com

Alarm.com Photos

+ Add Photo
Alarm.com photo of: Interns doing their presentations at our 2019 Intern Demo.
Alarm.com photo of: Say hello to our team of engineers at the 2019 Device Engineering Expo!
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com engineers showcasing their creativity at the 2019 Device Engineering Expo! 🤖
Alarm.com photo of: Celebrating all our Women in Tech at Alarm.com for Women In Tech Week 2019.
Alarm.com photo of: Nothing shows your employees more love than some cookies. 🍪😋
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com 2019 Olympics!
Alarm.com photo of: Alarm.com staff at Round Up 2019!

Expert Career Advice