Albany-Chicago Company, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Altschaefl
1 Rating

1. "Good People, poor managment"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Albany-Chicago Company, LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Albany was great when it comes to benefits, co-workers, and wages. I enjoyed working there. It was a decent job.

Cons

Upper management never knew what was going on and they were constantly changing policy. Which is not bad but they don't tell you until after you get in trouble for it. Also don't get hurt or report injuries if avoidable. You get hurt, you get fired, its that simple. Advancement was an issue as well. I worked there for 7 years in the same position despite furthering my education and maintaining production rates at impossible expectations.

Advice to Management

I think you have to get to the shop floor and see how people are being treated. Its a basic idea. People who don't like there jobs don't work hard or even try. If you see your co-workers walked out for being cut because they were provided insufficient PPE, I think that is something that should be addressed. Also workers at any level are human. Try treating them as such. We all put our pants on one leg at a time.

2. "Very poor management team"

Current Employee - Engineering and Maintenance Engineer in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Engineering and Maintenance Engineer in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Albany-Chicago Company, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced work environment, nothing extremely difficult.

Cons

Management tends to be aggressive, hostile at times. Not uncommon for management to scream and yell at different employees.

Advice to Management

Lose to arrogance and treat employees with respect.

3. "Why Not"

Pros

Most employee's are helpful and friendly.

Cons

The turn over rate is high

4. "The Little Company that could..."

I worked at Albany-Chicago Company, LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There was opportunity available for those who were ambitious and willing to work very hard. The vacation package was good for the area and industry.

Cons

Heavy workloads and a lean workforce made it a challenging work environment. The support- to production-staff ratio was very unbalanced. As a result, the culture was reactive rather than proactive.

Advice to Management

They needed to be more forward-looking in their staff development.

5. "Good technocracy"

Pros

Technology, new processes and experience
    Stable work

Cons

Industry downturn and seniority based promotion

Advice to Management

nothing

6. "Nice place, but lots of CYA managers"

Current Employee - Operator
    Current Employee - Operator

Pros

Keeps me busy and brings home some money.

Cons

Managers talk a good game, but shoot themselves in the foot over and over again by dumb decisions and being cheap with resources. They listen to the wrong people for advice.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workforce a little more often - they have good ideas. You are too immersed in keeping the old-timers happy. Totally demoralizes the new people who come in ready to help.