The latest conversations about Healthcare
Got a burning question about Albany Medical Center? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Albany Medical Center employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and they offer tuition reimbursement" (in 31 reviews)
- "Great people there all over the place but instead of trying to keep good people they just replace them." (in 29 reviews)
- "Great coworkers to work with" (in 18 reviews)
- "Great staff and faculty as this facility." (in 17 reviews)
- "good work environment at all times" (in 9 reviews)
- "Understaffed at times; low pay" (in 67 reviews)
- "The management was poor and didn't value its employees greatly." (in 41 reviews)
- "Parking is terrible." (in 13 reviews)
- "Salaries are less than similar academic med centers in other states and areas." (in 13 reviews)
- "Managers are no help." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Albany Medical Center and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 603 of over 635 reviews
Updated Sep 17, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Jul 23, 2023Patient Care Associate (PCA)Current Employee, more than 1 yearAlbany, NY
Benefits, good healthcare/medical experience especially for nursing, med school, PA or pharmacy. Bladder scans give you sonography/ultrasound experience, & crisis pay
Low pay, poor management, spoken concerns go unnoticed, low staffing, there can be up to 5 patient sits on a unit that drastically understaffs units, some patients can be rude, disrespectful, mean, needy & high maintenence, nurses are trouble makers who start drama & spread your personal business around got the nerve to not even help PCAs when theres 1 on the floor, they snitch on you for any little thing & talk to you like trash being rude & disrespectful but when you defend yourself they snitch to the manager, nursee always get away with everything they do wrong & PCAs get thrown under the bus. The staffing never send PCAs to units for extra staffing. Job is stressful, tiring & draining. It blows your back out even as a young person & your feet hurt. You're always rushed or asked to do another task while you're doing a task. Nurses & ASAs can be impatient with you knowing you're busy. Patient rooms can be dirty & you're at risk of catching something they have even with PPE on. Policy dictates how many times you can call out in a year (7 call outs)
Albany Medical Center Reviews FAQs
Albany Medical Center has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 635 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Albany Medical Center to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
61% of Albany Medical Center employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Albany Medical Center 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.