Found 10 of over 642 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
Got a burning question about Albany Medical Center? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Albany Medical Center employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and they offer tuition reimbursement" (in 32 reviews)
- "Great people there all over the place but instead of trying to keep good people they just replace them." (in 31 reviews)
- "Great coworkers to work with" (in 20 reviews)
- "Great staff and faculty as this facility." (in 18 reviews)
- "The continuing Education and flexible hours" (in 10 reviews)
- "Understaffed at times; low pay" (in 70 reviews)
- "The management was poor and didn't value its employees greatly." (in 38 reviews)
- "Parking is terrible." (in 13 reviews)
- "Salaries are less than similar academic med centers in other states and areas." (in 12 reviews)
- "Managers are no help." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Albany Medical Center and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "albany medical center"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 20, 2023Patient Care Associate (PCA)Former Employee, less than 1 yearAlbany, NY
Albany was a wonderful taste of Nursing and I recommend any prospective Nurses work as a PCA first, whether here or another location. Albany Medical Center was a very energetic place to work, with a motivated team for care and excellent trainers.
The only downside for me was the understaffed nights- it can be really tough/near impossible to get to all your patients but luckily the Nurses mostly didn't mind helping get vitals if I was alone on the floor.
- 3.0Feb 26, 2019Administrative Support AssociateFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAlbany, NY
Albany Medical Center hires diverse people for all sorts of fields and positions,
As an ASA it wasn't easy to be promoted and we were sometimes belittled by clinical staff.
- 3.0Apr 28, 2009Academic CoordinatorCurrent Employee
Job security is very high at Albany Medical Center.
Working in Albany is tough to park and the hospital gets lost in it's various projects to fix this. When changes are made the hospital is slow to notify about those changes, leaving people to wonder when the 'promised' changes would take place.
- 5.0Feb 5, 2016Administrative Support AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsAlbany, NY
Albany Medical Center is a great place to work because there is so many different area'a you can choose from, it is very diverse, competitive salaries and an organization of excellence. My experience at Albany Medical Center has been a ewardi g experience.
Albany Medical Center is a huge teaching hospital so parking can be very challenging.
- 2.0Feb 18, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAlbany, NY
Albany Medical Center has good benefits : health insurance, pension, and discounted prescriptions.
The high turnover in management can affect job duties, expectations, and responsibilities. Emphasis more on profits than patient care
- 5.0Jul 16, 2017Administrative Assistant/Health Unit CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAlbany, NY
Great benefits, provides benefits for Health and dental. Has a good benefit for time off. Best part is Albany Medical Center helps pay for school tuition through Tuition Reimbursement. They also help employees further study and become nurses or in other health professional field.
Nothing to really make as a con. Management is good and no real issues
- 1.0Jun 4, 2016Respiratory TherapistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAlbany, NY
-Good for learning -Night shift workers are all very supportive of each other -Place to learn the basics of the medical field as well as gain resume experience
-The hospital continues to nickel and dime its employees. For five years there was a freeze on salary increases. The hospital continued to have a $40 million profit (not deficit, they were in the black $40 million in 2014 per a letter from the CEO) -Benefits are sub-par, with employees having to hit a $250 deductible on health insurance, even when they are treated at Albany Medical Center facilities -HR gives everyone a grade, once you are locked into a job grade, someone else can be hired a year later and make more money than you do -Compared to salary studies, Albany Medical woefully underpays their staff. -Combined Leave Time continues to shrink, once upon a time it used to be 12 hours earned per pay period, now it is (estimate) 5.3 hours per pay period.1
- 5.0Nov 29, 2021PhlebotomistFormer Employee
You'll meet wonderful people throughout your journey at Albany Medical Center and very helpful co-workers.
Same as all the other healthcare jobs, this will be one of the exhausting jobs, but you'll forget all that by gaining satisfaction from patients.