Found 11 of over 642 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and they offer tuition reimbursement" (in 32 reviews)
- "Great people there all over the place but instead of trying to keep good people they just replace them." (in 31 reviews)
- "Great coworkers to work with" (in 20 reviews)
- "Great staff and faculty as this facility." (in 18 reviews)
- "The continuing Education and flexible hours" (in 10 reviews)
- "Understaffed at times; low pay" (in 70 reviews)
- "The management was poor and didn't value its employees greatly." (in 38 reviews)
- "Parking is terrible." (in 13 reviews)
- "Salaries are less than similar academic med centers in other states and areas." (in 12 reviews)
- "Managers are no help." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Albany Medical Center and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "great place"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Nov 15, 2021InternFormer Intern
It’s close by great food places (panera, Starbucks, ect)
No room for improvement by any means. With my learning disability, it was hard to keep up. Being that I was also the only black female around my white male co-workers really opened my eyes to much discrimination around me. While they would get praise, I would get ridiculed for simply just doing my job. While they would get work handed to them, I was left with nothing to do. It got to the point where my new manager told me that they were ‘complaining’ about me. So not only are they two faced, but they didn’t even try to help me make improvements. While my male co-workers were getting ahead, I was left ashamed and lost.
- 1.0May 20, 2017Program CoordinatorFormer EmployeeAlbany, NY
Great people there all over the place but instead of trying to keep good people they just replace them.
Pay is horrible and upper management really doesn't give a crap about the people!1
- 2.0Jan 10, 2022Business Systems AnalystCurrent EmployeeAlbany, NY
Great place to learn a job or a first stepping stone out of college.
Company politics and red tape ruin any chance of upward mobility and push employees to seek other employment.1
- 4.0Aug 13, 2013Research AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAlbany, NY
Good job environment and good compensation. This is a great place to do research and learn from your colleagues. I could have access to patients which facilitated my research
Albany, NY is a small city and it doesn't offer too many thing to do. It is a cold city, although people in that place are great.
- 4.0Sep 7, 2015Senior Financial AnalystCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAlbany, NY
New buildings, thoughtful management, and all around great place to work. The hospital knows the business well and has been quick to exercise strength for marketshare. Senior management is helpful and when you need answers, many are willing to help. There's a sense of pride in patient care which makes Albany Med unique in the area.
Limited training on IT systems can be frustrating. Upward movement in the organization can be challenging and may take a lot of time, especially in a support role (finance, marketing, human resources).1
- 2.0Apr 22, 2021Executive Director TechnicianCurrent EmployeeAlbany, NY
Great stepping stone. Great place to learn a lot quickly.
Terribly managed. Dysfunctional organizational flow. Toxic work culture.
- 2.0Oct 7, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsAlbany, NY
A great place to learn new skills and be at the cutting edge of medicine.
There are many fitness/well being programs for employees. However, they are limited in size and timing issues prevent greater interest/participation. Lack of support staff to do the routine paperwork to free up clinicians to do patient care.
- 5.0Feb 5, 2016Administrative Support AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsAlbany, NY
Albany Medical Center is a great place to work because there is so many different area'a you can choose from, it is very diverse, competitive salaries and an organization of excellence. My experience at Albany Medical Center has been a ewardi g experience.
Albany Medical Center is a huge teaching hospital so parking can be very challenging.
- 5.0Jun 11, 2019Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Amazing place to work, nothing but great people who want to help you learn, thrive and create opportunities for one another
No cons, I learned and thrived and made great friends and an entire family here. I was in the Float Pool and I loved every second