Found 139 of over 643 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and they offer tuition reimbursement" (in 30 reviews)
- "Great people there all over the place but instead of trying to keep good people they just replace them." (in 29 reviews)
- "Great coworkers to work with" (in 19 reviews)
- "Great staff and faculty as this facility." (in 18 reviews)
- "The continuing Education and flexible hours" (in 9 reviews)
- "Understaffed at times; low pay" (in 67 reviews)
- "The management was poor and didn't value its employees greatly." (in 40 reviews)
- "Salaries are less than similar academic med centers in other states and areas." (in 14 reviews)
- "Parking is terrible." (in 12 reviews)
- "Managers are no help." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Albany Medical Center and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "low pay"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Feb 6, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Pillar of community helping save lives for over 181 years. Very satisfying making a difference in people’s lives.
Pay scale is not competitive with current markets
- 2.0May 9, 2014AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAlbany, NY
Pros - it's a job. Depending on which building you work there are some nice people. The cafeteria is decent.
Cons - the bathrooms are disgusting. Depending on which building parking is horrible and if you get in the garage or lot you have to pay. Have only had one raise in the years I have been here. Very bad sick time off policy. Management just does not care about their employees.
- 1.0May 13, 2016IT ProfessionalCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAlbany, NY
Dynamic healthcare environment. Can be great resume builder. Significant financial investment made in technology systems. Work can be rewarding since it impacts patients. Talented physicians.
While some team members are great to work with, some are extremely mean or passive aggressive and create a hostile work environment. Certain favored people are protected (client server mgr) and serious complaints are not addressed. The good managers are not empowered to make needed changes. Some people are allowed to make a career out of blaming others. Low salaries for most people yet senior executives are well compensated. Benefits are expensive and not great. 'Pay for performance' only gives an addition 1 percent raise to top performers and in certain departments you have to be exceptional to get it. There's no real incentive to work harder. Albany Med is always claiming to be poor but money is wasted all over the place. No real work from home opportunities like at other companies (they have something but jt is a joke). Lots of red tape. People are leaving the IT department left and right creating huge holes in knowledge and more work for everyone. On call time required for most is not compensated for most employees. Horrible HR department. Parking situation is a disaster. Not only do you have to pay for parking but local parking isn't available for new employees. Albany recommends coming to work early on your own time to find parking.3
- 2.0Jul 28, 2021Registered Nurse Medical SurgicalFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAlbany, NY
Honestly the only pros are the co workers and hours you are able to pick up due to short staffing.
There are many cons: Pay is low for a trauma 1 hospital Management don’t seem to care about staff Short staffed all the time Benefits are expensive and average for a family Assignments are heavy and the ratio is terrible
- 2.0Feb 11, 2019Registered Medical AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAlbany, NY
Health insurance is not terrible
Despite stating they are all about patient care, they are not. They are solely about making money for the top level executives. Micromanagement is insane. Pay is below national average and not enough to live on.1
- 2.0Oct 14, 2014AnonymousCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAlbany, NY
Mostly good people. Benefits are decent.
Low pay across entire organization except for top level staff or people who have worked here 40 years.
- 3.0Dec 2, 2020Clinical PsychologistCurrent EmployeeAlbany, NY
Autonomy as a provider in the clinic. Great variety of clients.
Poor pay and no real appreciation for contributions.
- 3.0Mar 12, 2022Patient Care Associate (PCA)Current EmployeeAlbany, NY
Possibility to gain a lot of hands on experience
The cattiness and favoritism is RAMPANT so don't expect for people to be held accountable for their actions if they've been rotting there for too long Pay is also not great for the amount of work1