Albany Medical Center Employee Reviews about "work environment"
59% would recommend to a friend
(36 total reviews)
62% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and they offer tuition reimbursement" (in 30 reviews)
- "Great people there all over the place but instead of trying to keep good people they just replace them." (in 29 reviews)
- "Great coworkers to work with" (in 19 reviews)
- "Great staff and faculty as this facility." (in 18 reviews)
- "The continuing Education and flexible hours" (in 9 reviews)
- "Understaffed at times; low pay" (in 67 reviews)
- "The management was poor and didn't value its employees greatly." (in 40 reviews)
- "Salaries are less than similar academic med centers in other states and areas." (in 14 reviews)
- "Parking is terrible." (in 12 reviews)
- "Managers are no help." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Albany Medical Center and is not affected by filters.
Found 36 of over 643 reviews
Updated Dec 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Jan 17, 2023Administrative AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAlbany, NY
The benefits aren’t bad, especially if you’re a working student.
Sometimes interdepartmental politics get in the way of a peaceful work environment.
- 5.0Jan 13, 2021Research TechnicianCurrent EmployeeAlbany, NY
Tons of opportunities to learn new experimental techniques Relaxed work environment Opportunities to get a head start on a PhD or Masters degree with the research you get done
Promotions are given based strictly on tenure, not merit per HR policy Experience with work culture/environment highly variable based on the lab you are in
- 1.0Jan 23, 2020Desktop Support SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 year
- $18.21 per hour (at the time) - I didn't get called at home if something went wrong while I was off
- Toxic, petty, apathetic management - Grim work environment with no windows - Bullies run amok - Health insurance cuts - Many policies stuck in the past - HR doesn't care if you're being bullied - Coworkers are scared of management to the point where they are inept at solving issues within their own departments1
- 5.0May 5, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeAlbany, NY
The Hospital cares for its own. Their benefits surpass those of the industry. It is a positive environment to work and grow in.
It is located in the capital of New York, however there is not much to do in Albany.
- 1.0Feb 28, 2022Patient Care Assistant (PCA)Former Employee, less than 1 year
Flexible schedule Can’t think of anything else
Dangerous Bad compensation Toxic work environment Little to no training No breaks given1