Albert Einstein Healthcare Network Reviews in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Albert Einstein Healthcare Network CEO Barry R. Freedman
Barry R. Freedman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The Information Services - IT departments work environment is hostile and non supportive (in 4 reviews)

• Poor management, no room for growth within company (in 3 reviews)

1. "health unit coordinator"

Former Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

was a good place to work. love my co-workers. until new manager got hired
    she didn't like me because my religion. she terminated my position.
    never meet barry , freeman. send a lot of e-mails asking for help never happens.
    people who cares about the patients and honest employes they dont like them.
    but people whos still time and do nothing there the ones are still there. awfull

Cons

manager not a good person.

Advice to Management

not a good managers and supervisors

2. "Could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Known in the community, educational hospital with a wide reach in the community.

Cons

Departments and different areas and locations are disconnected from one another. You may not know what's going on in another area or at another location.

Advice to Management

Create a better since of unity amongst organization.

3. "Staff nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in East Norriton, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in East Norriton, PA

I have been working at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The night shift staff are very supportive and easy to work with. Decent benefits. Nurses can speak up without feeling inferior to doctors.

Cons

No nursing support from administration and management. No opportunities for professional growth and development. All they care about is generating money for the hospital. Lack of communication between doctors and nurses.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff nurses- many are dissatisfied with current workflow and lack of advocacy and support! Address patient safety issues appropriately.

4. "Friendly Work Place"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Nice coworkers, new hospital, friendly atmosphere in general.

Cons

I think the pay is a bit lower than average.

5. "Recruitment Team Lead"

Current Employee - RecrutmentTeam Lead in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - RecrutmentTeam Lead in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advancement financially and career growth. Well known in the Philadelphia community. High level exec's truly care about all employees.

Cons

North Philadelphia is not the nicest area of Philadelphia. Although I have worked for Einstein for 12 years and never had a problem.

Advice to Management

Started as an Admin Coordinator and worked my way up to a Supv role in under 10 years. Network offers tuition reimbursement and truly looks out for internal employees.

6. "To many chiefs"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was close to work

Cons

Management never listen to they employees you get a 2% raise every now and again.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

7. "Great starter hospital"

Current Employee - Patient Escort in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Patient Escort in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chances for advancement or to move around, educational opportunities. Depending on your position over time may be available. There is a system for overturning disciplinary action if felt unfair. Longevity is great here if you're looking for a place to be until retirement

Cons

Lowest paid hospital in the city. There is a kind of hierarchy here at Einstein. Also overtime may not be available depending on what department you are in such as escort

8. "Great teaching hospital"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great experience in a teaching capacity

Cons

No department advancement. Must apply for other positions outside of your department.

9. "Patient Servivce Rep"

Former Employee - PatientServceRe in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - PatientServceRe in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

co workers I have met

Cons

Management and the doctors I worked for were the worse. doctors could say or do anything they wanted to and nothing was ever done.
    so much work from the time you walked in until you left.
    some coworkers worked, others took off any time they wanted and management was ok with it. I would come in sick, which you are not supposed to do.
    never had high blood pressure or had to take medicine until I started work in 1 of Einstein doctors office.

Advice to Management

Your managers need to be re-trained

10. "It was horrible.No compassion for anyone.No respect."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work environment.Some upper management really do care for your well being.That is not the norm.You want to work here?Good luck.

Cons

It stinks because of the way they treat thier personnel .They have no compassion.They would terminate you if you farted.

Advice to Management

Show some compassion.People are entitled to have a bad day,we all do.That is not grounds for termination.Two days before Christmas.You should all be ashamed.I really wonder what Barry has to say.If only he knew how you were running his hospital.I'm pretty sure Albert is turning in his grave.Get a life.Show that you care.We all work together for the benefit of our patients.You can't be one sided.People don't always lie.It seems as tho you people lie.All your doing is chasing good people away.Your actions speak louder than words.That is why the nurses got organized.Wake up and smell the coffee.It's not all peaches and cream.We have a family to support.Show compassion.Stop being so cold hearted.It is truly a darn shame.You are chasing good people away.I am a former employee.