KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 2,211 of over 2,277 reviews

3.4
Albertsons Companies CEO Vivek Sankaran
Vivek Sankaran
Pros
  • "good pay and lots of great benefits(in 72 reviews)

• "Good benefits and more holiday time off than most grocery store positions(in 67 reviews)

• Cons
  • "When my store was doubling sales records upper management was still instructing store directors to cut hours in some departments(in 61 reviews)

• "Long hours slow days a lot of work(in 52 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Albertsons Companies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Great Workplace

Dec 10, 2020 - Assistant Meat Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to grow are there if you show initiative.

Cons

There are no bad comments that I have.

1 person found this review helpful

Albertsons Companies Response

Social Media Writer

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you enjoy working at Albertsons Companies!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits and work atmosphere compared to other companies in the industry such as Walmart, Target etc. Older style of supervision. No Micro-managing, etc.

Cons

Low pay, Not an especially diverse workforce. It takes much too long for a new hire to get full time, benefits etc. because pf low turnover in the past. Now the company is experiencing high turnover

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

good

Jul 25, 2021 - Part Time Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours and set tasks to complete. Easy job to get through. Team that was ready to help and answer any questions i have.

Cons

Pay was not competitive at all. Not enough workers to truly make sure everything is done in a timely fashion.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Solid Company

Jul 23, 2021 - Department Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to move up internally

Cons

Lower than average salaries based on industry norms

5. 3.0
      Current Employee

What's up with management!?

Jul 18, 2021 - Frozen/Dairy Department Manager in Denison, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

For the most part it's an easy job. Nice easy to get along with coworkers. The whole store is pretty lax, but everyone more or less gets the job done.

Cons

Manager's spread the most rumors. Lack of communication with the upper brass. One employee died last week, and no one seems to care. One of the customers committed suicide on the side of the building, actually that happened yesterday. Place is kinda f****d!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cashier salary

Jul 21, 2021 - Cashier in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful co workers and managers. Felt like a team.

Cons

It was hard standing on your feet if you had a long shift

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Never again

Jun 13, 2021 - Courtesy Clerk in Weatherford, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really don’t have any.

Cons

The pay sucked for what we did, the front end managers treated us like garbage. A coworker had a medical note saying she couldn’t do carts and they still forced her. I also had multiple points where I felt like I would pass out if I stayed outside and I asked to go home and I was told the lot had to be clear or I couldn’t leave. Got warned for snapping at a coworker when she snapped at me first while I was with a customer. Got written up because I discussed alcohol when making small talk with a customer while they were buying alcohol, even though they didn’t file a complaint. My boss just wrote me up because “some people will go out of their way to report underage drinking to the police.” When I had mentioned my parents let me have a sip of alcohol at 16. I was treated like I could be easily replaced. When I said doing carts was making me sick, I was essentially told I had to do it or quit. Me and all my coworkers had a plan in place to quit.

Albertsons Companies Response

Social Media Writer

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time on the team. If you would like to share more details about your experience, please feel free to reach out - kelly.brown@albertsons.com. Have a nice day!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay job

Jul 24, 2021 - Service Deli Clerk in El Paso, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Time and a half on Sundays and holidays is very nice. A lot of people are in the deli so you have a lot of help most of the time

Cons

The pay doesn’t match with the amount of work you do. I was making $8.15 but felt like I should’ve been paid more.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty Great

Jul 18, 2021 - Deli Clerk in Oceanside, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are very flexible with hours Bonus ever year of your employment anniversary Good people

Cons

Can get hectic at times Sometimes understaffed It's a little hard to get a raise

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

It’s okay, but very rough labor intensive.

Jul 16, 2021 - Barista in Glendale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tips, Relaxed environment (depending on location).

Cons

Rude/creepy coworkers, constant visits from corporate that leads to micromanaging, understaffed, asked a lot of one person. Poor management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,211 Reviews