Cover image for Alder
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Alder Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 20, 2021

Found 11 of over 163 reviews

3.1
Alder CEO Adam Schanz (no image)
Adam Schanz

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "You get to travel to new states and get to meet some great people.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Flexible Schedule and that's it.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were cool and nice people and the managing staff was very laid back.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Working here has taught me entrepreneurial spirit and given me the opportunity to perfect my skills and craft in a way I doubt I could find anywhere else.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alder and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Alder home security

Sep 27, 2021 - Area Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great sales people and team trains well

Cons

Ended up not making what I should have because of their pay model. Read the paperwork. Its kind of a scam.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great for students

Dec 2, 2019 - Supervisor in Orem, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food Friday’s, good pay, and great people

Cons

It can get repetitive and boring. It lacks in incentives and morale. Sometimes feels like management doesn’t care about their agents.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They only care about taking money out of their customers

Jul 1, 2019 - Customer Loyalty Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people to work with. -Nice giveaways every Friday -Very flexible

Cons

-Their policies kept changing and they only cared about the money, never the customer. -Pay is extremely low compared to other companies. -The way they do commissions is quite difficult to understand.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Internship experience

Oct 20, 2021 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Met great people, open workplace culture

Cons

management can lack transparency with employees

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Door to Door

Jan 15, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Lack of transparency at times

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Alder Sales Rep

Aug 25, 2021 - Door to Door Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to travel to new states and get to meet some great people. The company does pay for some trips if you meet requirements.

Cons

Management of a certain team really needs to learn better leadership skills. I wouldn’t recommend females for this job because I’ve seen how girls are treated in some teams. Some of the workers use unethical methods to sell the product as well.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Jun 17, 2020 - Sales Consultant in Katy, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, values and culture

Cons

Not a proper fit for me

8. 4.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Selling door-to-door

Dec 16, 2020 - Sales Representative in Orem, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams. Great people to work with. Reasonable.

Cons

They can try to keep you there forever.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Customer Acquisition

Apr 9, 2016 - Customer Acquisition
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family feel with a fun environment. Great pay and advancement opportunities make it a good environment for people to move up the ladder for non-students. For students there is a scholarship and internship program.

Cons

There aren't really cons. The company is obviously not a good fit for people with a minimalist work ethic. If you are driven, this is a great fit for you.

Alder Response

Director of People Operations

Thank you for this comment. Family is indeed Everything at Alder and we do strive for a fun environment. Thank you for your drive and passion, our Employees are the best part of the company!

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

It's a bad idea. Don't do it. Please. Seriously.

Nov 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a big building. There's a soda machine. Crossfit. There are some great people at Alder. The business seems to be doing well so if you wanted to work here for some reason, they should still be around. Oh yeah, and they have those cool Dyson hand dryers in the bathroom. Those things are cool.

Cons

Honestly the worst work environment I've ever been in. I heard disturbing racist and sexist comments more than once from leadership. There's no hope to move up because things are so disorganized. They only care about the sales guys. The pay is bad and there are literally no benefits. It's no wonder that people don't stay here long. Solid 1 star reviews makes it look like I just clicked all 1s because I didn't like Alder, but honestly each were considered individually. I would never recommend anyone I cared about work there.

Alder Response

VP, People

Thank you so much for speaking up! You have hit the highlights very well. We're proud of our crossfit facility and coaching program that has helped improve the health and well-being of so many of our employees. You're also correct that our business is not only doing well, but thriving. We continue to be one of the fastest growing businesses in Utah. You are also correct on the work environment. We are still considered a "startup" business and as such, we haven't had policies or training regarding Diversity and Inclusion (anti-harrassment) yet. Our people team is working on developing that and we are saddened to hear that we weren't able to address your concerns before you left. If any employee feels as though they've been treated unfairly, we encourage them to contact us at OpenDoor@Alder.com You are also correct that our focus tends to be on Sales as that is what drives the growth of the business. We would clarify on the statement "they only care about the sales guys" as that is simply not true at all. We look to make many improvements in the coming months and years, but we can't do that without the feedback from our employees. Thank you for speaking up.

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 English Reviews