KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Alder Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Dec 16, 2020

Found 7 of over 133 reviews

3.4
Alder CEO Adam Schanz (no image)
Adam Schanz
Pros
  • "Alder is a high energy environment with great people(in 7 reviews)

• "They have a base plus commission, if you excel in negotiations and customer service you can make a substantial amount of money on a flexible schedule(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No benefits micro management as well is now a downside(in 15 reviews)

• "My take-away from Alder: Alder is a company that only seeks to get as much money out of people (customers and employees) to give to the sales reps(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alder and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Selling door-to-door

Dec 16, 2020 - Sales Representative in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams. Great people to work with. Reasonable.

Cons

They can try to keep you there forever.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Jun 17, 2020 - Sales Consultant in Katy, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, values and culture

Cons

Not a proper fit for me

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People, Great Opportunity.

Feb 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you thrive in a start-up environment, and can handle the growing pains, Alder can be a great opportunity. The typical employee has way more responsibility here than you would find at other companies. The advantage is that your going to learn a lot. Alder is a high energy environment with great people. I love many of the relationships that have been built and the impact I've been able to have all over the business. In many positions you will find that it's up to you to determine what you do next to better the business.

Cons

It's also a startup. The processes and systems are not streamlined like they should be.

4. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great Opportunities!!

Dec 2, 2019 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, great opportunities to learn, and good core values I appreciate.

Cons

It has been difficult being paid since I’ve been here.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great for students

Dec 2, 2019 - Supervisor in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food Friday’s, good pay, and great people

Cons

It can get repetitive and boring. It lacks in incentives and morale. Sometimes feels like management doesn’t care about their agents.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

They only care about taking money out of their customers

Jul 1, 2019 - Customer Loyalty Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people to work with. -Nice giveaways every Friday -Very flexible

Cons

-Their policies kept changing and they only cared about the money, never the customer. -Pay is extremely low compared to other companies. -The way they do commissions is quite difficult to understand.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee

It's a bad idea. Don't do it. Please. Seriously.

Nov 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a big building. There's a soda machine. Crossfit. There are some great people at Alder. The business seems to be doing well so if you wanted to work here for some reason, they should still be around. Oh yeah, and they have those cool Dyson hand dryers in the bathroom. Those things are cool.

Cons

Honestly the worst work environment I've ever been in. I heard disturbing racist and sexist comments more than once from leadership. There's no hope to move up because things are so disorganized. They only care about the sales guys. The pay is bad and there are literally no benefits. It's no wonder that people don't stay here long. Solid 1 star reviews makes it look like I just clicked all 1s because I didn't like Alder, but honestly each were considered individually. I would never recommend anyone I cared about work there.

2 people found this review helpful

Alder Response

VP, People

Thank you so much for speaking up! You have hit the highlights very well. We're proud of our crossfit facility and coaching program that has helped improve the health and well-being of so many of our employees. You're also correct that our business is not only doing well, but thriving. We continue to be one of the fastest growing businesses in Utah. You are also correct on the work environment. We are still considered a "startup" business and as such, we haven't had policies or training regarding Diversity and Inclusion (anti-harrassment) yet. Our people team is working on developing that and we are saddened to hear that we weren't able to address your concerns before you left. If any employee feels as though they've been treated unfairly, we encourage them to contact us at OpenDoor@Alder.com You are also correct that our focus tends to be on Sales as that is what drives the growth of the business. We would clarify on the statement "they only care about the sales guys" as that is simply not true at all. We look to make many improvements in the coming months and years, but we can't do that without the feedback from our employees. Thank you for speaking up.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews