KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Alder

Is this your company?

Alder

Add a Review

Alder Employee Reviews about "sales reps"

Updated Dec 16, 2019

Found 3 of over 133 reviews

3.4
Alder CEO Adam Schanz (no image)
Adam Schanz
Pros
  • "Alder is a high energy environment with great people(in 7 reviews)

• "They have a base plus commission, if you excel in negotiations and customer service you can make a substantial amount of money on a flexible schedule(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No benefits micro management as well is now a downside(in 15 reviews)

• "My take-away from Alder: Alder is a company that only seeks to get as much money out of people (customers and employees) to give to the sales reps(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alder and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "sales reps"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you like being rewarded for hard work, do NOT work at Alder

Dec 16, 2019 - Tech Support Supervisor in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are free lunches on Friday.

Cons

I worked at Alder for almost 2 years. I saw it grow a lot. Our department went from about 10 people to almost 30 within a few months. Now, the department is back down to about 14 people. Alder opened a call center in the Philippines and have been hiring more and more agents there. I think soon enough there will be no call center in Orem. When I started at Alder, I saw the potential and things I could do to help improve it. I worked hard. I started revamping the training checklist. I trained over 30 times (None of the agents I trained are there anymore... very high turnover rate). I moved up to the position of Supervisor and got a pay bump to $14 hour, but at the same time, the supervisor bonus was cut. I was asked to build a web app to check compatibility between different pieces of equipment. I built it. Then I built a stats tracker for our agents in Excel. Then I built an entire troubleshooting wizard. It was about this time that the supervisor bonus was significantly cut again. Suddenly my agents were making more money than I was. I was working really hard.... doing all of my call reviews, writing policies, and keeping the troubleshooting wizard up to date and in return, I got commission cuts because we were "making too much money". Accountings job seems to include keeping an eagle eye on anyone who makes decent money. I've been emailed and talked to by accounting a few times because they wanted to make sure the commissions our agents were making were correct. Other departments have been approached by accounting because they thought an employee was making too much. My take-away from Alder: Alder is a company that only seeks to get as much money out of people (customers and employees) to give to the sales reps. Working at Alder is like being in a bad relationship where things only get better when you break up. Working it Alder is like being a pile of manure where you are used to help the company grow and when you have given all you can, you are just cow dung in the ground. Working at Alder is like being in school and having someone take your lunch money every day and then make you watch them spend it on food and eat in front of you. The call center is viewed as an unwanted expense. I have never felt valued for my hard work and dedication. When an employee is taken care of, they will take care of the customers.

7 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Not best company to work for

Sep 2, 2017 - Technician in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay when the sales reps produce.

Cons

Use of personal vehicles while working. No personal time. Words from a office manager was from 9 am till the final go home text your working . Which can be 12 or 1 am depends when the sales reps decide to stop. No perks to the job. Sales reps get all perks. No compensation for gas or milage. Also promise extra pay for automation and residual . Don't expect it.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Customer Service Rep/Tech Support Rep

Dec 17, 2016 - Customer Service Representative - Tech Support in Orem, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible schedule and free lunch every Friday, as well as lots of free Alder gear (they are all about marketing their brand). They also try really hard to make working in the call center a fun and goal providing experience.

Cons

Management treats people in the call center or operations as kind of second class. Like most security and alarm companies, the focus is on the sales people, and everyone else is just kind of along for the ride. Plus, some of the sales reps do some rather shady things. If they focused on making their sales force more ethical and focused on the customer rather than just the sale.

1 person found this review helpful

Alder Response

Director of People Operations

We appreciate this former employee recognizing our great perks and can understand their frustrations as well. Alder is a rapidly growing company and as such, we're experiencing growing pains. One such pain may be the feeling that people in a non-sales role are not as important as the sales force. We are a sales company and have great passion for long term customer service. Everyone is expected to do their part and we have a lot to accomplish to support that (especially for operations, non-sales roles). At Alder, any employee can make a huge difference for the better, that's one of the amazing benefits we offer: meaningful work. We take any accusation of unethical business practices very seriously and hold our sales representatives accountable. Our sales representatives have incentives to provide long term customer service by the way we've structured their long term compensation, to avoid those churn and burn sales quotas found in other organizations. Our leadership team's doors or the People Department doors are always open if anyone has any concerns they'd like to discuss. We encourage open and honest feedback without retaliation here at Alder. Thank you for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 English Reviews