KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,895 of over 1,978 reviews

3.3
Aldo Chief Executive Officer David Bensadoun
David Bensadoun
Pros
  • "Great discount, room for growth, good pay, supportive management(in 127 reviews)

• "50% Discount regular price items(in 112 reviews)

• Cons
  • "can be long hours depending on department(in 75 reviews)

• "Too focused on sales goals and numbers(in 75 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aldo and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Oct 20, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment and team atmosphere.

Cons

Not a lot of flexibility for those that have busy schedules.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Aldo Cashier Experience

Aug 31, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work hours and work scheduling was always great. The store was committed to helping out customers as needed. The quality of the products were excellent and I still own various shoes, bags and accessories from the store still in great condition. The employee discount was amazing because it was half off the original price.

Cons

This is probably not relevant anymore but as we moved into the new storefront, there were a handful of days that our system would shut down and we weren't able to accept card purchases which led to stressful and demanding shifts. Too often I was also working as a sales associate due to having too few sales associates on schedule but I wasn't allowed to mark down my sales because it wasn't my actual position. The employee discount may be half off the original price however, they deduct the full price from your monthly discount amount which was roughly $500, so if I bought $500 worth of items and only paid $250, then I wouldn't be able to use my discount till the following month.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

No employee appreciation or gratitude for hard work

Jul 30, 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

great discount on goods, even though the prices are too high to start. the quality has gone down over the last 6 years and the prices are going up. Just trying to stay in business.

Cons

Corporate management was completely rude. In 2019 this company went through a large change to "restructure" when in fact they let go the managers that had integrity, and were with the company for a decade. they were just trying to cut large saleries, all the new District and regional managers were promoted, alot of them dont know what theyre doing and are on power trips. I was told several times it didnt matter how well my numbers were or how well my store did, i always needed to cut hours and no pay raises were ever given, infact all bonuses were cut for store managers and we were manipulated to work upwards of 60 hour weeks to keep our jobs.

4. 3.0

Eh

Oct 21, 2021 - Stock Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

The discounts was pretty good

Cons

Assistant managers were not good

5. 4.0

Mostly Relaxed

Oct 6, 2021 - Sales Lead/Key Holder in Skokie, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a relaxed working environment/laid back culture and mostly young people (20's - early 30's)

Cons

It can be hard to move up in leadership

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great for short time, not the best long term option

Oct 7, 2021 - Store Manager in Arlington, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-50% off discount -fun environment -fashion forward

Cons

- as a SM, doesn't leave a lot of time for personal day (especially weekends) -salary isn't sufficient in metro areas -cap on bonus is too low in comparison to what is brought in with sales.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Oct 3, 2021 - Sales Lead in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is an easy job and fun working with customers and employees.

Cons

Customers are not always happy with the quality.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ok Job

Sep 24, 2021 - Key Holder in Skokie, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You receive people skills and perfect your multitasking skills.

Cons

Only store managers and assist managers get bonuses. Which is extremely unfortunate because they are not the only people who help gain the bonus.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Dead End Growth

Jul 30, 2021 - Stock Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to work with some great people in different locations across Michigan, and California during my time.

Cons

Very limited growth and many empty promises. Store Managers, District Managers, Regional Managers have mentioned they would assist me with my growth and development. I've started as Stock Coordinator and moved through Keyholder and Assistant Store Manager positions but was never taken seriously. I ended up opting to move back into a full-time Stock Coordinator position to protect my mental health from the toxicity of fellow managers. I've found myself training new hires and Store Managers on my own. I've been moved around through different locations because of my skin color and appearance. I was thought to be one ethnicity and moved to "connect with the client" in a different location. I was often overlooked. In my 5 years of working at Aldo, I've had a total of 11 different Store Managers, 3 different District Managers, and 3 different Regional Managers. I've been harrassed by a Regional Manager and hit on by a District Manager.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great starter job, but can get very political

Oct 12, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling Not a hard job

Cons

Management can be a little bit political.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,895 Reviews