Aldrich Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Aldrich Group full-time

Pros

A lot of positive people. Work is what you make it. Be prepared to advocate for yourself and the path you want your career to take. AKT rewards initiative. Great PTO.

Cons

Some niches are better to work for than others. They don't cover as much as I am used to for family health coverage.

2. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Aldrich Group as an intern

Pros

Partners are very friendly. Management were kind, as well. Because of their company size, you have the opportunity to work on large challenging projects.

Cons

Unfortunately, drama seemed to be apparent within the company, which will not make for a good work environment.

3. "Like the firm, don't like my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Aldrich Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone I've encountered has been friendly and welcoming. I like the positivity that seems to be core to the culture. They promote good work-life balance and I enjoy the community involvement we get to be a part of.

Cons

I agree with other reviews about the lack of guidance-it's glaring. Same thing for new-hire training. There just doesn't seem to be any real protocol. I once overheard someone saying to a coworker that they didn't know who their direct supervisor was. Unless you know exactly what you want to do and how to get there, it might be a struggle. The people are nice, but it can be a gossipy place, it seems like there is always a lot of whispering going on.

Advice to Management

If you want everyone to be their best, offer more tools to help them succeed. Better new hire training, documentation of policies and procedures, and a more widely available mentoring program would be a good start.

"Disappointing experience"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly

I worked at Aldrich Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent and you'll likely get to work on a variety of things; the company does a good job of being flexible about letting interns try tax and audit. Additionally, the firm has developed several niches which cater to different types of clients such as construction, healthcare, and emerging markets so getting to work with a variety of clients is a possibility.

Cons

The company is really protective of its culture and so is slow-to-hire and in most cases, does not hire interns on after busy season despite what they may tell you during the interview process, so be aware of that. Some of the people working at AKT certainly are wonderfully kind and patient, however there are others who sit at their desks gossiping and making fun of the interns, so I'm not really sure what kind of culture the company is ultimately building.

Furthermore, I was assigned a "mentor" as an intern, but I didn't actually feel like I received any mentoring. We went out for coffee a couple of times and that was fun. But really, the company isn't interested in your success. They're interested in getting the work done as cheaply as possible.

Advice to Management

Be honest in your interview process. Don't mention the possibility of long-term work as a way to lure people in and perhaps refrain from bragging about your stellar culture -- it's pretty rotten.

"guidance unavailable"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Lake Oswego, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Lake Oswego, OR

I worked at Aldrich Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees were all very friendly and the benefits were great.

Cons

It was my first year and i was learning the software and dealing with new & difficult clients. I was not up to 100% realization / billable hours. I was not told i was too slow until several months after tax season ended. I took steps to find out how long each project should take so i could do better next year. A week after i found out i needed to improve they fired me for poor performance. They never gave me the chance to improve. I never received any coaching or guidance.

Advice to Management

Provide timely guidance on work performance / standards. help your staff meet your work goals. Help them succeed.

6. "Review"

Pros

Great culture, review process is fair

Cons

Long hours during busy season, low pay

Advice to Management

Raise pay

7. "Associate"

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Low pay at every level

"Tax Intern"

Current Intern - Tax in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Intern - Tax in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Aldrich Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Commitment to teach, Great CEO, Partners and Managers, Healthy balance of work and personal life

Cons

Display of social status among associates and interns, spotty communication with management at times

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and show a little more appreciation for Interns.

9. "Oregon"

Current Employee - Associate Accountant
    Current Employee - Associate Accountant

I have been working at Aldrich Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, healthy work and life balance, commitment to training and growing staff, no micro-management, and opportunities to move up.

Cons

Top to bottom communication is spotty, hard to know where you stand (lack of a review), and pay is average to slightly below average compared to other competing firms in area.

Advice to Management

Nothing, keep it going. Find the fine line of big growth while staying local.

10. "Oregon Branches"

Current Intern - Staff Accountant
    Current Intern - Staff Accountant

I have been working at Aldrich Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthy, great work/life balance, friendly & personal staff and partners. Great client success rate, and the goal to develop each one of their team members.

Cons

Nothing to report thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.