Alegeus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Auerbach

"This company is stellar!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and exciting company. The company's focus on growth and delivering outstanding service creates an environment that necessitates employees to be change agents. The CEO is dynamic and engaged with all employees.

Cons

It may be difficult for individuals who do not value rapid change to feel comfortable in their surroundings; however, the leadership team is great in communicating our vision and need for change..

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work. Excellent communication with employees.

"Livin' by our values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently saw a review suggesting that the Alegeus environment was not inclusive and felt compelled to respond. My experience with Alegeus in the almost two years I have been here is that it is one of the most open, positive places I have worked - they really encourage employees to live by their core values. The CEO is always talking about how Alegeus is a "family" - at first, I thought that was a strange term for a professional work environment based on my past experiences, but it actually kind of is... the people really like each other. They do fun events like Thirsty Thursdays, Holiday & Summer outings, Hero Awards, Town Halls, spontaneous/random food days and celebrations. I have been told it wasn't always like this, but I have certainly found the work to be rewarding and have had a lot of fun too.

Cons

We are growing rapidly - since I like the "family" approach, I worry about what that means from a cultural perspective. I am starting to see faces in the office that I don't even know - and because of my job I don't get to visit our other locations, so really only know those people by email/phone. This part of growth concerns me.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to better conduct cross-country office environment

"Less than A Year"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the type of company that really rewards you for your work. It is definitely fast paced but once you get into a routine the days fly while you are here. The people here are smart and you learn a lot just by showing up to work. There is also a big importance put on people's personal lives and families - that's a nice change of pace.

Cons

Having multiple locations mean your manager or the people you work directly with are not always here in person. That can be challenging at times because you do not always get on someone's calendar for a conversation.

Advice to Management

Management should lead by example especially when it comes to getting to know new employees. Direct reports notice that and follow suit. I felt like when I was new, if the manager didn't address me, neither did their direct reports.

"Don't settle for Alegeus"

Current Employee - Data Integration in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Data Integration in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Alegeus provides free water, coffee, and tea.

Cons

I have been working at Alegeus for over 2 years now; the turnover rate is so high, that my 2 years here, makes me a "veteran".

You would think a company with such high turnover, would appreciate a loyal employee, but I experienced the opposite.

The more people that quit, the more work that was added to my undefined set of responsibilities.

I tried to get help, but the execs were brought in to inflate the numbers, and make the company appear as profitable as possible; this means, they couldn't care less about my work-load.

The worst part: because I'm the only constant on my team, I can't even use the PTO I have accumulated. It's September, and I haven't taken a day off since October. That's an entire year!

There is so much turnover; even on the executive level! It's so hard, working in an environment with that much turnover.

If you take a job with Alegeus, I guarantee your day-to-day work, will not match the job description used to lure you in.

I'm hoping to find a new job before December 31st because the PTO I earned is "use it or lose it". If I leave before 12/31, Atleast I'll be able to use my PTO in check form.

Advice to Management

Please try to set an accurate expectation during the interview process, of what the role consists of.

"Excited To Be a Part of This!"

Current Employee - Product Implementation Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Product Implementation Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve had the pleasure of working at Alegeus for three years and the had the opportunity to see the company transform from a technology company to a full solutions provider. Change is a competitive advantage and they're changing steps ahead of the market. Alegeus has grown beyond just their technology, they've brought new people on to work well with those who have been with the company and in the industry for many years. They are leveraging experience with a new-age mindset. From the Employee Activities Committee coordinating fun events to how they design operations to best support clients; the change has been inspiring. The internal recruiting has allowed for career opportunities and for many to explore multiple areas of the company which contributes to the collaborative effort I’ve seen as a challenge within other IT organizations. The environment is upbeat and the culture has an entrepreneurial vibe making it exciting to be a part of something bigger.

Cons

The only thing that some may conciser to be a "con" might be that since they are expanding their team and solutions, it's a must to be adaptive to change and to learning new things. You might wear multiple hats and feel needed but they encourage PTO.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strategic progression and thanks for the support!

"Consumer Support"

Current Employee - Consumer Expereince in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Consumer Expereince in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alegeus has such passion for the consumer. It is great to be a part of helping consumers to understand how to pay for healthcare, learn how to save money, and how to take advantage of tax savings. High energy culture where people who love to innovate thrive! Everyone's ideas are welcome. Ethical environment. Client focused.

Cons

If people like old, hierarchal culture - this isn't the place for them. This feels like a place where everyone needs to lean in to drive high quality support so for those that like to clock in and out, probably not good cultural fit.

Advice to Management

Keep the energy up - love knowing that the coffee chats, town halls, manager briefings, and face time means you care about how I feel. Love the great benefits too!

"Manager"

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team members who are here are great!
    I am supported by my manager.
    I can be an entrepreneur and get things done!

Cons

I have longer hours than my last job (but I like every minute of it!!)

Advice to Management

Continue to build team spirit!

"Doomed"

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is willing to spend some effort and money for Florida.

Cons

Everyone who doesn't work in Florida should probably be looking for a new job.
    CEO just wants to make a quick buck and cash out.
    The loss of institutional knowledge every time we bounce someone out of here.

Advice to Management

Sell the company quickly, so you don't have to deliver on the (over) commitments to our new customers. Kick loose those jackals in Florida who are redefining the company to be just the building that they control.

"massive confusion, inexperienced, indifferent and arrogant senior leadership"

Former Employee - Operations in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Operations in Waltham, MA

I worked at Alegeus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay and vacation benefits (if you can take a vacation and not have to work all the time)

Cons

Senior management has no idea how their product works; they're only focused on getting the sale. Subsequently new client implementations are almost always a disaster. Operations leadership disregards anyone with any tenure in the company believing they know it all better when in fact they have no clue. Management by fear; you're forced to respect people who have done nothing to earn your respect. It's a hot mess. Run, don't walk, away from this company.

Advice to Management

Listen to those who've been there and let them help you. You need their background and experience with the product. Let them grow with you. Value and respect all your employees. Be up front and honest - don't misrepresent your intentions. If you want to be 'awesome' treat your employees that way.

"Still enjoying it after 10 years!"

Current Employee - Product in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Product in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people focused on results. Everyone I work with has a great sense of humor, collaboration and focus on success.

Cons

Growing fast means we need more people. Can't hire fast enough.