Alegeus Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Auerbach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Family"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Alegeus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started as a temp in 2014- was laid off and several months later was re-hired as a full time employee. It so happened to fall on my lap during the most Imperfect time of my life, meaning, I needed a job, a salary & health insurance, so for a while I felt like Alegeus was my savior.
    The team quickly became my friends then, my family, my professional team. They helped me become a better person and employee.
    They let me off for a few weeks to recover from surgery and welcomed me back with open arms. They really cared about my health, knowing full well that I’d be a better employee if I was healthy!
    A year later they let me take extra time off for a special personal trip across the country, it was a great reward!
    I loved the hours I worked, the benefits, and the professional environment.
    I noticed many employees transition from one job to another.
    I loved the work from home opportunities we “sometimes “ got.

I often catch myself wanting to return there; I’ve even referred a few friends to apply. I can’t say for sure if I’d go back, it’s a tough commute from my home. I’d have to work a new position than last time, and maybe a chance to work remotely.

Cons

The job itself was less then perfect. It was redundant and paralyzing. Yes, there were very difficult days and our team went through a real rough transition. I’ve learned, a job is a job and it’s not always fun or easy. Had it not been for the team, I wouldn’t have stayed as long as I did.
    I heard from a bird that the team has improved and it’s easier to work there now more than last year.
    No company is immune from bad days, and conflict. It’s unrealistic to believe there are no cons... t’s equally important for the employee to take initiative and try to strive to be better and I personally want to move on to different assignments to avoid complacency.

Advice to Management

I’d only advise more remote opportunities and certainly a little more support in a chance to relocate to the Florida office.

"Burn and churn...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Alegeus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comp is good, a lot of open positions due to high turnover.

Cons

Senior team will sacrifice their peers and lower level employees to tell clients they have 'fixed' the problem (all with a smile on their face) without ever truly addressing the organizational and systemic issues. Smiling and selling is what they do to internal and external people. You shouldn't have to ask employees to post positive reviews about working there, they will do it on their own if they truly like it.

Advice to Management

Stop the turnover, let people settle in and become knowledgeable it will take time but it will settle things down and really allow you to grow. Address the real issues instead of letting people go as sacrificial lambs.

"Love it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this company, management truly care. There are always opportunities to learn and grow here. The incentives are great but everyone lives the core values. There is a strong sense of family here and that it what makes this such a great team to be apart of.

Cons

To be honest, I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Customer service"

Pros

Wonderful team to work with

Cons

It is a fast pace environment

"Livin' by our values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently saw a review suggesting that the Alegeus environment was not inclusive and felt compelled to respond. My experience with Alegeus in the almost two years I have been here is that it is one of the most open, positive places I have worked - they really encourage employees to live by their core values. The CEO is always talking about how Alegeus is a "family" - at first, I thought that was a strange term for a professional work environment based on my past experiences, but it actually kind of is... the people really like each other. They do fun events like Thirsty Thursdays, Holiday & Summer outings, Hero Awards, Town Halls, spontaneous/random food days and celebrations. I have been told it wasn't always like this, but I have certainly found the work to be rewarding and have had a lot of fun too.

Cons

We are growing rapidly - since I like the "family" approach, I worry about what that means from a cultural perspective. I am starting to see faces in the office that I don't even know - and because of my job I don't get to visit our other locations, so really only know those people by email/phone. This part of growth concerns me.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to better conduct cross-country office environment

"Incredibly dysfunctional"

I worked at Alegeus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has many smart, dedicated, hard working employees. Benefits are decent. Lucky to have had great individual managers, although 5 different ones in a 3 year period.

Cons

Management and leadership is an elitist, exclusive club. Rampant dysfunction and a resulting revolving door. People disappear at lunch never to return. No work life balance for many employees, email, texts and calls at home, on weekends and while on vacation. Stressful, unstable environment.

*Beware of fake reviews! Employees were told to fill out positive reviews!*

Advice to Management

Stop the 'forced fun'. Personal time is not to be used for work mandatory work functions. Owners need to realize the dysfunction will not increase value of the company or create additional customers.

"This company is stellar!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and exciting company. The company's focus on growth and delivering outstanding service creates an environment that necessitates employees to be change agents. The CEO is dynamic and engaged with all employees.

Cons

It may be difficult for individuals who do not value rapid change to feel comfortable in their surroundings; however, the leadership team is great in communicating our vision and need for change..

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work. Excellent communication with employees.

8. "Alegeus is AMAZING!"

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Alegeus is a great place to work. You're surrounded by very smart people with a common goal of working hard and playing hard. The company is very focused on the culture; you will hear the Alegeus family phrase a lot. They do a great job engaging employees with fun activities every month. From Thirty Thursdays to summer outtings, to plenty of awesome food in the kitchen and so much more.

You will learn a lot here and have plenty of opportunities to grow. It is the best time to be in this industry and Alegeus is a leader in it. It is a very fast environment with a lot of (good) change so it's not for folks who want to fly under the radar.

The pay and benefits are also pretty good.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. It is very fast paced, so it's not for people who don't like that type of work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to advance and be the leader in the industry.

"So Far So Good"

I have been working at Alegeus full-time

Pros

I am really enjoying my time at Alegeus. From the moment I applied for the job the company felt highly entrepreneurial. I got a cool welcome kit filled with fun Alegeus swag that my kids loved. My first day started with a good grounding on the business and everyone seems really smart and fun. I love the fact that the growth is leading to a lot of career advancement.

Cons

Continue to reinforce strong company communication. As we get larger it is important that departments continue to coordinate to best serve our clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the talent development programs and learning labs. They really make it a rewarding place to work.

"Playing Favorites"

I have been working at Alegeus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Business is booming, C- level bonuses should be substantial.

Cons

Regular people bonuses don't exist, clearly senior leadership is responsible for every success. I wrote a negative review that was pulled because I was too close to line. Interestingly it was posted long enough that 4 extra positive reviews were added. So since January there's been 1 review, within a day of my negative review 4 reviews were done. I'm sure with zero prompting from HR or management. So here's my less hurtful review. There's no advancement, unless you're a favorite and then they'll create a job for you. And to be a favorite you need to be an attractive woman who can pass as heterosexual. For those counter reviews talking about inclusion - that's a word the majority likes to throw around to make themselves feel better, but if you're not a minority you can't know if it really exists. It doesn't.

I will say that you can learn a lot here, it's a growing industry. But after 3-4 years you'll want to move up and won't be able to, so come learn what you can and move on.

Thirty Thursday's are mega clique-y - it's not an opportunity to get to know people outside of the office you don't normally interact with. It's a chance for the work cliques to go out on the company dime.

I'll wait with baited breath to see the next batch of spontaneous counter reviews.

Advice to Management

They won't bother to listen. But they will send some insiders to counter any bad review. Maybe address the issues at the office instead.