Alere Care Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Care Manager

3.3
Namal Nawana

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ability to work from home was nice (in 24 reviews)

• Owsen culture, work life balance (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of upper management bickering and backstabbing (in 15 reviews)

• Very little room for advancement (in 7 reviews)

"Rewarding job, company not so much."

Former Employee - RN Complex Care Manager
    Former Employee - RN Complex Care Manager

I worked at Alere full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The complex case management model is effective and makes a difference in patient outcomes. Very flexible work environment.

Cons

Isolation in a remote work environment is a big concern. My CM team leaders did not promote collaboration amongst team members to increase moral. Benefit options decreased and are very expensive. Salary range is at the very low end of industry standards.

Advice to Management

Reward the loyal high performers. Acknowledge staff when they receive positive feedback from clients and patients.

"Amazed at how Alere is managed.."

Current Employee - Care Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alere full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good job helping people get better.

Cons

Management is top heavy and is not in true with what happens with middle managers or just does not care. I have noticed since Alere bought his company employees are the last priority. There is no rthym or reason to the decisions managers or supervisors make. There is NO- I mean zero chance to advance in this company. It is only by who you know and who likes you. Promotions are not done by qualifications- and yes I have advanced degrees. It is all about work productivity and micromanaging. Nurses have no say and get looked over when when are the worker ants for Alere.

Advice to Management

It's about time you take some time to "care for your own". Unhappy employees equals unhappy customers and clients. Look at why you are losing money, with all the cuts you have done you are still in the red, maybe it is an internal problem. Stop hiring people for management positions from the outside and promote from within. It saves you money and the person already knows the programs- good and bad.