Alere Reviews in Livermore, CA | Glassdoor

4.4
Namal Nawana

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management only cares about Abbott deal, reps are nervous for their jobs (in 17 reviews)

• Very little room for advancement (in 7 reviews)

1. "Patient Educator"

Current Contractor - Patient Educator in Livermore, CA
    Current Contractor - Patient Educator in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Alere as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Alere for 7 yrs. I like the flexibility of work and working with nice employees daily, it makes a different in your life.

Cons

I work remotely for 7 yrs and have not seen anyone from Alere I work with daily yet.

2. "Pretty decent."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Alere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people above me have my back. Lots of events. Some really good perks. People are for the most part friendly.

Cons

Awkward scheduling. Poor communication between teams to the point that it is detrimental to the company in it's entirety. Not much else

3. "Difficult to move"

Current Employee - Testing Services in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Testing Services in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Alere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping patients, upper senior management. Meaning the actual lead manager of the department.

Cons

Supervisors - If the supervisor isn't your direct supervisor, then pretty much you will get assistance with a call, or assistance with something wrong with the computer - but don't try and let them know you dislike your hours, or want out of the department, or that your supervisor really doesn't care, because it does NOT matter.

Advice to Management

They seriously need to look at the facts that are presented on paper. Some people take half of the calls that others take and there is no benefit to taking more calls or working harder. You might as well be a drone, or a mediocre employee. You will make the same.

4. "Customer service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Pros

nice management and co-workers , good location.

Cons

the phones go down sometimes.

Advice to Management

good job

"Alere Home Monitoring = Moving Jobs to Philippines! + Bad Ethics"

Current Employee - Call Center in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center in Livermore, CA

I have been working at Alere full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee, wearing jeans, good selection of snacks and drinks, good co-workers

Cons

Impossible to feel valued because no one is listened to or treated legit unless you are a VP

Advice to Management

Someone told me that the president and VPs are the same ones who created the shared services department in Florida. All of VOB was shown the door with the jobs going to the Philippines and so who is next? They told us our group is “safe”. LOL!

I read other reviews and I think some people drink the koolaid. If you aren’t looking for a new job, you are just stupid; the smart people are leaving because of the Philippines, no doubt. My supervisor told me that the pressure put on managers is very bad, too much work on them and she said it’s no surprise that some departments have so much turnover just because of that.

Also Performance Improvement Plans are flat out used to get rid of people. The HR department is a joke and they have been reported to Corporate Ethics a lot.

I would say avoid the company because the top people are not trustable and HR is not safe. No one believes the management when they talk in in the townhalls. They should get the reason for why there are no questions anymore is because we don’t believe the answers anymore so we do not ask.

And where is that survey we all are supposed to take as a group all together every month? LOL!

Now they are adding snooping monitoring to our computers. What’s next? They already got cameras in places where it make no sense. The micro managering starts there from the ceiling where the cameras are.

The top people should just stop pretending that they care because we all see through it. They are not that good actors because there is too much between what they saying and what they doing. That bad movie is over.