Alert Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Alert Logic Chairman & CEO Gray Hall
Gray Hall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people and work environment (in 12 reviews)

• Fun, fast paced work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is affected by poor architectural desitions thAt causes constant fires and last minute changes (in 6 reviews)

• One person in particular got "promoted"/switched depts for sleeping with someone in upper management (in 7 reviews)

"Great Company demands hard work"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Leader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Alert Logic is a great company with a sincere mission to make the internet a safer place. Working at AL you are challenged personally and mentally to give your best. Cybersecurity is an ever moving target which requires our company to be nimble, forward-thinking which demands the same from its employees. If you are looking for the same work type, just getting by, or not making a positive impact, this company is not for you.

Cons

Matching leadership style with a diverse employee base is a challenge. Recognize that highly technical people may not be people leaders.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership is 100% invested in the company and not at the expense of its employees and it needs to stay that way. Look at frontline leadership and develop mentorships with successful managers. Developing internal leaders is great when you have a program to support them.

"Has to get worse before it can get better"

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people work with / work environment, lots of opportunity to make more money, good benefits, work-life balance is great

Cons

Been losing a lot of opportunities due to our offering not matching exactly what the customer is looking for. Need better messaging from marketing. Better quality leads has always been a struggle. Lots of people have left or been let go within the last couple of months due to our performance as a company in 2017. Constant chatter about the uncertainty of our direction as a company right now so morale is a bit low but I do think we are getting to the point where things are about to pick up and be in a good place again.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing to continue with the new CEO’s vision as this will make our company better moving forward

"Coming apart at the seams. Political and a culture of mediocrity"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Alert Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company does, or did treat employees really well. Benefits were solid and in general the company erred on the side of the employee.

Cons

PE funded and the PE is squeezing. Company is not profitable and the PE just came in and fired many executives and mandated cost cutting. Consequently the company is looking for any reason to terminate employees with cause. The culture has gone from good to toxic. Also sadly the product is not competitive and rarely shows value. Customer churn is high and upsells to existing customers non-existent. Often customers don't even get deployed and are paying thousands of dollars a month for nothing.

Advice to Management

They are all just trying to hold on till the company fire sales itself here soon. They know the issues and are just trying to save their own rears at this stage.

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Dont Want to Answer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Dont Want to Answer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Alert Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Cons

The management ignores you and will not work with you to make your position better. I asked for more work for nearly two years and then got laid off because they didn't think I had value. Talent Management is a joke and the company culture is horrible. No one in management cares about the employee.

Advice to Management

Start listening and work with employees to improve productivity and job satisfaction. Stop doing all the surveys and talk to people. People lie in the surveys so they don't get fired.

"Culture is 100% Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Alert Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

Abusive management. Management in the finance department is 100% solely concerned about their own interest and job security instead of the future of the company.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to inject hormones to what was a healthy company. You can't go public overnight. You have to go through the journey.

"Leadership 101"

Former Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I worked at Alert Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, average culture, waffle Wednesdays

Cons

Leadership team made up of good ole boy network - in it for themselves in hopes of going public and cashing out. Everyone else is dispensable.

Advice to Management

Clean out the swamp - starting with sales leadership.

"Dire straits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent coworkers, nicely renovated offices

Cons

Poor management leading to constant re-orgs, leadership often cannot agree on policies and procedures causing confusion and contributing to a very poor customer experience. Office politics taken to an extreme with favorable results only obtained by a select group of sycophantic "yes men".

Advice to Management

Clean house, all of middle and lower management are only looking out for themselves and have no incentive to see the company succeed as long as they are comfortable. Break out of the current culture of mediocrity and "good enough"

"Customer Success"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Alert Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team and leadership within the department. Lots of opportunities to ask questions and management will guide you the right direction but also allows you to determine your own growth. Great benefits and culture. Company will bring in treats for entire staff, host parties, happy hours etc.

Cons

Company organization constantly changes. Everyone passes on their responsibilities to others and nothing gets done. Sanitation isn't great on certain floors (trash in kitchen and bathrooms). Pay raises are minimal and promotions are given to favorites.

"Zero management skills cripples career growth"

Current Employee - SOC Securitiy in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - SOC Securitiy in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time

Pros

The best part of working in the SOC is the lack of accountability. Watch YouTube videos and surf Facebook all day if you want because you'll still get paid. Show up late everyday? Still get paid. Do poor work? Still get paid. Life is good if you're lazy and unmotivated.

Cons

You'll never get promoted. Every move is a horizontal move. They won't offer you a competitive salary. They won't pay you more if you have certs. Don't expect anyone in SOC management to do any managing. Don't expect training. Don't expect any kind of communication or standards because they don't exist. Much of the talented SOC analysts have realized these problems and left for better jobs.

Advice to Management

Hold SOC management accountable.

10. "Great product, questionable future"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AL is a great place to work. Best management I've ever worked for and best solution I've ever sold. People buy Alert Logic.

Cons

The market is getting more saturated which wouldn't be an issue if we had a clear marketing message. Inbound leads are at an all time low and deals are getting tougher to win IF you use the latest marketing messaging. If you stick to the basics "we manage your security", you will win... A lot

Advice to Management

Be clear about the future of the company. Other than that keep up the good work.