Alert Logic Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2020

3.4
Alert Logic CEO Bob Lyons (no image)
Bob Lyons
Pros
  • "I learnt a huge amount during my time, and got to work with great people(in 13 reviews)

• "Work/life balance, the people, the product and the commitment to continuous improvement, the benefits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is a small company growing up and there are growing pains(in 9 reviews)

• "Wages, expectations,progression, poor hr, wage reductions, high turnover(in 6 reviews)

"Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Acquisition mode with an expanding product

Cons

Communication is not always the best from leadership

"No longer a start-up, but still working out kinks"

Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time

Pros

A small company, but growing, provides plenty of opportunities. Its a challenge-rich environment, with a lot of smart, energetic people wanting, willing, and able to solve problems. A fast-paced environment in a growing, popular vertical. I'm optimistic about the future.

Cons

There is sometimes a disconnect between management and the workforce. This is being remedied with better listening and communication. Also, while the culture is full of spirit, there is undisciplined nature to chase shinny objects instead of sticking with an initiative/problem or 2 or 3 until its resolved. It doesn't help that sometimes strategy feels like tactics because it seems to shift regulary.

3. COVID-19

"Excellent company with a lot of potential, but don't expect a raise"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer a lot of great products and services to their customers. Not perfect by any means, but does compete in the security industry, and has potential to be THE leader in the industry if they get it together. Standard PTO time, decent 401k contribution and benefits. They had some questionable programs that they got rid of due to the pandemic which the company is better without. Management seems to be a hit or miss. When I first started, they made a major reorganization of the company, and so far, it seems to have been for the better. The current CEO came in, restructured, and hired experienced SVPs that really did helped the company, but they still left some managers in place who shouldn't be managers. There's a lot more transparency and cohesiveness in the company's goals and within the teams, however there's still a lack of communication across teams, which results in different expectations and frustration. As far as engineering, most managers appear to be capable and a lot of the staff is experience and capable as well. Of course, they're still some here and there who probably shouldn't be around much longer. Very easy transition into remote work, since about half of the company was already working remote before the pandemic. With the pandemic, they were forced to clean up so they cut back on their questionable point system program, overstaffed HR department, and let go of other underachievers and dead-weight. But the pandemic also highlighted their cons.

Cons

Employee retention initiatives are lackluster, and have been since I arrived. People are constantly coming and going, and now I understand why. First of all, they don't give raises. They give you menial bonuses if you perform well, but not raises. You can be the best employee quarter after quarter and prove it with your performance, but that means nothing. I was due for a raise before the pandemic, which they were dragging their feet on for months (about 6 months), and then when the pandemic hit they decided to do away with raises for everyone for the time being. How convenient. I have been paid at the same rate (below industry standard) since I started despite always meeting my goals and going above and beyond. As an employee who is fully invested in the overall progress of the company, this makes you feel extremely devalued. They employ great people, but there's essentially no career development whatsoever. I've only known of managers going to trainings, but there is no further development for the mid-level employee. No further education, training, development or learning has ever been encouraged or mentioned since I've worked there. Now with the pandemic, they got rid of the online learning platform they offered to everyone.

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Alert Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company seems to be improving and expanding under new management.

Cons

Your experience heavily relies on the team you're assigned by luck.

"Wonderful Place to Work"

Former Employee - Associate Engineer

I worked at Alert Logic part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Agile Environment, Flexible schedule, Team Collaboration

Cons

No clear path for career ladder

"Revolving door"

2.0

I worked at Alert Logic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers Decent office location You can learn a lot about different networks.

Cons

Low pay Bad Management No room for growth

"Great Job"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with a lot of sales programs, SF, Outreach etc.

Cons

Growth is a bit tough but very possible

"Salesforce admin"

1.0
    Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time for less than a year

Pros

None Fruits daily, Good Manager and Team

Cons

Layoffs, no standards, Worst Experience ever

"I’ve been working at Alert Logic for one year now and I enjoy it for the most part. But I’m starting to see things."

I have been working at Alert Logic

Pros

Good work life balance, decent pay, nice incentives, insurance plan is also pretty good. I rather enjoy my team.

Cons

Seems to be abit or a downturn in all areas not technical. For example, I’ve been noticing HR has been increasingly gaining more power over the years. They often interfere a lot in areas where they shouldn’t, and just hire people for looking pretty lol. Recent budget cuts have been affecting wages, and benefits alike.

Continue reading

"Great people, Great Management"

5.0
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No Micromanagement at all, managers are very accomodative, fully understand and act on our concerns, can WFH if needed (not for 24/7 teams), flexible work hours, great benefits, weekly yoga, fresh fruit everyday, waffle wednesday, monthly birthday/Anniversary celebrations, sports etc

Cons

Keep hearing rumors on how company is doing. This makes people feel skeptical and unstable.

Found 196 reviews