KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 228 of over 236 reviews

3.7
Alert Logic CEO John Post
John Post
Pros
  • "Excellent work environment, very friendly coworker, nice health benefits and in overall a nice learning place(in 13 reviews)

• "I learnt a huge amount during my time, and got to work with great people(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There have been some growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "Wages, expectations,progression, poor hr, wage reductions, high turnover(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

158 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Alert Logic and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 8, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, people, work life balance, customers

Cons

Remote can be challenging for internal requests/answers but that isn't just this company, it's a majority. I don't have any real cons.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Maturing Cyber-Security Leader

Jul 23, 2021 - Senior DevOps Engineer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Relaxed work culture - Great learning opportunities - Strong working relationship between teams - Low turnover within engineering/development teams

Cons

- Technology stack not fully matured - Lots of excess toil within engineering teams - Hit-or-miss compensation - Frequent reorganization of teams and resources within the business

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Stepping stone

Jun 29, 2021 - SOC Analyst I in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back dress code, above average benefits, company culture/events

Cons

It's a great company to work for if your not an analyst. As an analyst, you are subject to favoritism if you want to move up or around.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to learn

Jul 17, 2021 - Principal Sales Engineer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The director that i reported too. He was an excellent leader. - Opportunities to grow and change - Introduction to technologies and security best practices - Amazing co-workers - Really smart people there

Cons

- The technology does not match the sales pitch, or the customers expectation - Garbage service deliveries - Garbage C-Level and executive leaders. This company is literally on its third CEO in 3 years. None have proven to be able to build a company or culture to grow. - Company financials are a disaster. WCAS has refused to give any more money, and even closed out on the portfolio that had ALert Logic in it. So even if they wanted to invest more, the couldn't. Previous CEOs have gone out to borrow millions just to keep the doors open only to continue to put the company in even worse financial situation. There is no future for the company. - The customer churn is through the roof. They are hemorrhaging customers and cant stop it. - Customer Satisfaction is in the tank. Even if Alert Logic figures out how to send their customers invoices, it ends up being almost a years worth because the financial team and salesforce is a complete disaster. Which leads to customer not being billed for long periods of time, and then get huge bills out of nowhere. Customers get angry and then look to cancel. - The positive reviews of the company on GD are fake, the negative are being removed.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great product solution, need to better compensate existing team members

Jun 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Alertlogic is a great security MDR solution with top notch support and services staff. Great opportunity to advance and learn new technologies.

Cons

Compensation is not where it needs to be. New positions seem to be paying near average though any team member who has been with the company some some time is not at market leading to high turn and loss of needed expertise.

Alert Logic Response

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to compensation, Alert Logic has rolled out a new Pay for Performance program (PFP) to reward and recognize our talented team. Our quarterly Pay for Performance Program allows for real-time recognition in the form of merit-based adjustments. In addition, employees have a designated bonus target through our corporate bonus plan.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company gone bad

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very casual dress code, individuality celebrated

Cons

Micro-managed from across the pond

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Business Development Representative - Alert Logic

May 5, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to get your foot in the door in technology

Cons

Limited opportunities to move up

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Mar 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic team, great product & continual improvement overall

Cons

Some growing pains, keeping up with the fast pace can be tough at times

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Too many changes in leadership

Apr 9, 2021 - Director in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture, flexible environment, talented people, no petty politics, casual dress

Cons

base salaries and bonuses don't compete with other tech companies

Alert Logic Response

Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you appreciate our culture, transparency, casual dress code, and our talented team. Our employees are amazing and extremely talented indeed! Regarding salary and bonuses, Alert Logic aligns its Total Rewards program to the cybersecurity industry to ensure we pay our employees competitive salaries and bonuses. Our quarterly Pay for Performance Program (P4P) allows for real-time recognition in the form of merit adjustments for our talented team. In additon, employees that participate in our corporate bonus plan have a designated bonus target.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Product - Beyond Disappointing "Leadership"

Mar 26, 2021 - Other
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many great and talented, caring individuals Desire to provide a quality, useful cybersecurity product line Implementing TTO versus PTO in 2021 - which sounds like a great benefit

Cons

Tone deaf re: supporting employees for anything beyond boilerplate standard "assistance" links - no pandemic team building, no professional development, spotty and deficient on-boarding. Constant improvements driven by engineering with little to no consideration for marketing or other team needs to implement at launch. Revolving ELT and management door - I had 5 supervisors in my <2 years there. Not one provided guidance, support, recognition for tasks well-done (personal or for the greater team) - we were rudderless dinghys banging about in the fog. One can only take so much. Diversity? If you are male (which I am), sure, all sorts of us. Barely any women in top roles which is an avoidable mistake.

6 people found this review helpful