Alexander Doll Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Alexander Doll Company Reviews

4.5
Gale Jarvis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"great management,the best co-worker to work with."

Former Employee - Shippingclerk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Shippingclerk in New York, NY

I worked at Alexander Doll Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

always working in the spirit of cooperation, and teamwork.

Cons

wish it could have lasted longer

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Unique Toy Industry Company"

Pros

Alexander Doll Company is a gem in the toy industry. The dolls are designed by quirky, real humans, who laugh all day. These designers fight to keep every ounce of magical detail, even in mass produced products. The designers work to replicate decades old fabrics and trim of the highest quality. The sculptor not only sculpts for the company, but creates masterpieces for art galleries among her many creative pursuits. Like her, the other creatives are not just engineers but passionate artists with true potential to lead the industry. The sample-makers have worked at the company for decades. They take initiative to suggest to the designers not only the best and most efficient methods to produce the dolls, but also strive to keep the integrity of the loftiest ideas. The creative director invites everyone at any level to create. This is a hard working company of good people, managers and assistants alike, who remember to dream even in the face of financial hardship. I was young when I decided to leave. I wanted to see what else was out there. After working in a few more design jobs, I realize that these people are probably as true blue as you’re going to find. Politics make any company tough, but at the end of the day, people who are willing to be honest about themselves and love what they do - they are the ones you want to stand by.

Cons

I don't know how the company may have changed since I left. When I was working there, the workload was very heavy and it was almost always crunch time. You had to decide between rushing a project or staying late all the time. You had to be very resourceful. Compensation at the lower levels made it tough to afford the high cost of living in NYC. Everyone deserved better pay. Quality of life probably suffered, but then it's also NYC.

Advice to Management

Be excited about your talents and those talented people working for you! Be proud.