Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews in Bracknell, England | Glassdoor

Alexander Mann Solutions Founder and CEO Rosaleen Blair
Rosaleen Blair

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The work is dependent on client demands, and this can sometimes impact work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Very cliquey - if you're not in the inner circle, at senior management, it's hard to break in (in 15 reviews)

1. "Client Services Manager"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

I always found the company to be very open to flexible working options and I always felt valued and well supported by management.

Cons

The offshore outsourcing of some functions could at times be challenging to manage, however management were very committed to making it work.

Advice to Management

There is no specific advice that I could offer to management as I found my experience overall to be positive. I would be happy to recommend AMS to others.

"Un - loyal management, could have been an amazing job."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great all round company
    Good Values
    Nice people to work with.
    WFH

Cons

Management (if you can call them that) my managers were ridiculous, the project was an absolute joke from inception. The managers haven't a clue what the hell is going on, copious amounts of emails, copious amounts of spreadsheets to try and rectify all their issues. they have some good people in their team but they will lose them because the project is a complete shambles.

when you join AMS, be aware that your project could come to an end and its your responsibility to find your own job in the business... they dont tell you that when you join.

May 15, 2017 – Head of GCSC

Hi, As the Head of our Bracknell Centre its always disheartening to hear feedback like this, especially as I believe that we have invested in an infrastructure and environment that promotes careers... More

"Really enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Resource Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resource Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

The people here are really lovely and there is a strong team spirit in the Bracknell centre. Senior management are approchable, friendly and professional, especially the head of centre who is the biggest living legend known to man. There are great support networks and a lot of processes so once you learn your role it's easy to do and follow the process. They make an effort to recognise hard work and strong performance and be fair to everyone. There are global opportunities they always open up to everyone and it's possible to try your hand at something new if you want to. Flexible working policies also great. By far the best job I've ever had in terms of employee satisfaction.

Cons

The pay is not overly competitive in the RPO market and promotion opportunities can take a while to emerge which can be frustrating but pay is the only reason I'd ever want to leave. Sometimes there is a very heavy emphasis on process which is difficult for some people to adjust to but when you're working with high volumes it can be very necessary

Advice to Management

My personal experience of management has been great- approachable, friendly, professional and supportive. But I can say this is not everyone's experience. Some managers need more training.

4. "AMS - A company for the long term!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open minded, forward thinking, honest and diverse environment. I have worked in a variety of companies and feel the opportunities and support given to me has been incredible. I was contacted by senior management to discuss information shared on improvements I felt the company could make. It was accepted in open arms and given gratitude for the efforts i made.

My team, management which I report into and people I work with are amazing. Looking to develop relationships, work together and make each others lives easier.

Cons

I feel as any organisation you will always have downsides, but depends on your perception. I do not feel I can give a bad example, the main reason for this is as I have not had a issue/challenge which was not resolved even before I had the opportunity to raise, the team meetings and communication has helped to counter any issues which come up. It is a open environment to work and to be part of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, exceptionally experienced from various accounts, open and honest management.

I would suggest mores social events!

5. "More Good than Bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Pros

I spent a long time with the business and in the main thoroughly enjoyed my time there. They have a great portfolio of clients and some really good people who are great to work with and very passionate about what they do. AMS is a great business with some very talented people who love the clients they deal with and the opportunity given, truly inspiring.

Cons

There are too many people at management level & above who are moved sideways when the correct decision would be to get rid. This has a negative effect operationally as the 'engine room' end up with the same dreadful managers being passed from account to account only to make the same mistakes again and cause frustration amongst those who only want someone who cares as they do

Advice to Management

Look at the way you performance manage people and listen to the staff who make your business great, if no one has anything positive to say about a manager in the business, it's probably because they aren't very good so, be true to your values and brave enough to address it rather than move the problem around

6. "Dreadful Company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Cant think of a single one!

Cons

Cheap. Dont value their staff. Make silly decisions. Uneducated.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to take a closer look at her operational managers as they are bullies and dishonest.

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of People Capital

We take any complaint about bullying at AMS very seriously. Please do get in touch with either nicola.sell@alexmann.com or myself ruth.smyth@alexmann.com if you would like to discuss any experience... More

7. "Sourcing Specialist"

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for- they emphasize the importance of work life balance and provide new career opportunities and progression

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons, i personally think everything about the company/job is as good as it could be

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing- people are motivated to work hard for this company because they know that they will be treated well in return

"If you are part of the "clique" you're ok!"

Former Employee - Resource Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resource Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Err... Work Life Balance, Dress down code

Cons

1. Poor Management - mid-layer manager is poor (Team Leaders,some CSM's and PCSM's) - If you are part of clique then you are safe - if not, good luck, it's an uphill battle from there.
    2. Don't expect any promotion anytime soon - You will probably be told that there are 15-20 people in front of you for it to be signed off.
    3. Salary is awful - can expect a payrise- but may be £500, not the £1k/2k that you probably been promised by your manager. Nothing else!
    4. Bonus - Irrelevant how well your account does - no rewards for those who do well.
    5. Appraisals - Poor way of reflecting people's performances for the year. Having to compare their grading against someone else in the Centre is awful!
    6.Childish environment - think says it all really.
    7. Managers didn't get there by credit or because they are good people managers - they just best friends with their boss.
    8. IT - poor technologies for an "innovative" company.
    9. Internal Mobility - suppose to help you move internally, but put you forward for roles that they know you're under qualified for just to show they are doing something about it and that they are hitting their targets.

Advice to Management

Seriously look at your managers across the GCSC and review their performances. Half of them most likely don't deserve to be in post or qualify to be in post. The business grew rapidly 7-8 years ago that they had no choice but to promote internally ( which is fair enough) but wrong promotions at the wrong time - again maybe because they were best friends with the boss.

Reward your excellent staff for doing well - delivering above expectations should not be penalised by the fact others can't do the same and the business doesn't perform as well across all accounts. Prove to people that you're a people company and reward them the right way

Jan 6, 2017 – Head of GCSC

Hi, I'm obviously very disappointed to hear your feedback, especially as we have really focused on employee engagement in the last year and seen very good overall engagement scores recently. I'd be... More

"Good people and environment."

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Offers flexible hours, relaxed office, training, progression. Modern office, free hot drinks and fresh fruit. Friendly management with lots of activities to get involved in. Free parking.

Cons

The pay isn't the best and any pay rises get shut down or they offer you a tiny increase. Promotions take ages to materialise if they even happen.

"Great platform to launch my career in recruitment, plenty of opportunities to develop yourself"

Former Employee - Lead Sourcing Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Lead Sourcing Specialist in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lively office which makes your day pass quicker.
    Flexible working, good a/l and benefits
    Nice clean office and revelry fitted new kitchen, very modern

Cons

Services have been outsourced too much and some questionable promotion processes and hiring decisions made
    Wear layers, the air con is shocking!

Advice to Management

Make Boolean searches an essential criteria for the interview processes, especially if you intend to offer that person more money than existing skilled members of a sourcing team. It dies t bode well when a staff member who is on £5k less is having to train a new starter on basic searches.
    Make the pay scales and grading system more transparent
    Reward people with the salary they deserve, don't wait for them to hand in their notice to counter offer