Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Alexander Mann Solutions Founder and CEO Rosaleen Blair
Rosaleen Blair

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is really good" (in 45 reviews)

• "Flexible working option is excellent and allows for a work/life balance" (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work is dependent on client demands, and this can sometimes impact work-life balance" (in 22 reviews)

• "Lack of career progression opportunities" (in 16 reviews)

1. "Excellent opportunity for strong Talent Acquisition professionals..."

Current Employee - PRS
    Current Employee - PRS

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote work opportunities, strong client relationships, excellent benefits, growth opportunities

Cons

technology is behind- need to be flexible with the market and client programs.

Advice to Management

Since we are such a remote workforce- offer more opportunities for internal networking. Sometimes you feel like you are in a "client bubble"

2. "Great Place to Start Your Career"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Phenomenal people and culture
    -Flexible Work from Home options
    -Big-name clients, AKA great resume builders
    -Ability to learn about anything in the business
    -Foundations Program provides great platform for people new to the recruitment industry
    -PTO and Benefits
    -Most of management wants you to succeed
    -Great office

Cons

-You will have to watch people get promoted with less experience, a lower skill set, and a shorter tenure than you
    -Salaries are below market value
    -Salaried employees can expect to work far more than 40 hours a week, regularly

Advice to Management

Get rid of or seriously reevaluate the leveling system. It restricts internal candidate pools and prohibits amazing people from new opportunities just because there hasn't been an opportunity for them to get promoted on their account, often due to client volume - nothing on the employee. You’ve got some exceptional people whose skills are being wasted scheduling interviews for 1-3 years. You're going to continue to lose high performers unless they are promoted within a reasonable time frame and paid their market value.

"Poorly Ran RPO"

Current Employee - Team Lead
    Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people we work worth at an Independent Contributor level are absolutely some of the most hard working and talented individuals I have ever met. They truly care about the work and the teams they support, but this is where the pros end.

Cons

Accounts are poorly managed, for the most part, from the top down. There are a select few senior leaders who are doing an amazing job, but they are only few. Most are allowed to run accounts into the ground, taking their people with them. No accountability in leadership once you reach a certain level, but the teams are consistantly asked to do more with less, and are held to a strict set of metrics and SLAs. As a manager of a delivery team at a lower level it is exhausting trying to keep teams motivated and positive while leaders constantly finger point. There is no training for the delivery teams doing the work. Nothing is fresh or innovative, there are no new tools being introduced and no new technology to work with. Team members actually lose skill set working with this organisation. The CEO has an inner circle that protects one another instead of making this a better place to work. Nothing is for the people here, it's all about how much money you can make and who is liked most amongst that inner circle. Lying, nepotism and favoritism should be the values of this company instead of saying they are passionate, authentic and distinctive. HR is a joke, I am not even sure what it is they actually do here besides gossip about people. I have yet to see one effective, strategic, initiative come out of this function. They do not help support the contributor populations what so ever.

Advice to Management

Clean house. From the top down, this entire company needs a refresh. Hold the top leaders accountable instead of berating the teams who are killing themselves to make you a dollar.

Alexander Mann Solutions Response

Mar 8, 2019 – HR Director

Reading about your experience at AMS troubles me. It certainly does not reflect the values we espouse. Nor does it align with our aim to enable an inspiring and supported environment where our... More

4. "Recruiting Coordinator"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, flexibility, management style is excellent. Lots of room for other opportunities. Reliable management.

Cons

Not a con of the company - however if working remote it may limit networking opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like family working here. Upper management truly cares about the employees. Great benefits very competitive, even pet insurance. Very flexible working schedules.

Cons

Some middle management are to rigid in our flexible working environment. Need to work on communication stream.

Advice to Management

need to make middle management more accountable to follow up with communication and tasks.

"Falling Through the Cracks"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work schedule
    - Ability to work autonomously
    - Ability to work with an array of coworkers both highly experienced and newer
    - Great PTO

Cons

Due to constant restructuring at the client's behest, nothing ever really gets done. AMS, as a whole, can tend to be a "yes man" when the clients come calling and often times it effects an employee's ability to produce when things are in constant transition. Employee's can also fall through the cracks and end up stagnating in one position on one account.

"A Rampant Culture of Neglect, Discrimination, and Favoritism"

Former Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The immediate team that you work with from day to day will do their best to support and sustain productivity.

You'll enjoy working shoulder to shoulder with some of the most sincere and hardworking Recruiters and Account Specialists in the industry.

Cons

Discrimination, favoratism, neglect.

Out of of Cleveland office specifically and extending nationally, I have watched opportunities be purposely withheld or hidden from black recruiters, sourcers, and account coordinators.

Internal culture is in direct opposition to many of our clients operational guidelines.

Across Recruitment, there is a disproportionate count of Leaders of Color. I have seen black coworkers fired or dismissed or improperly advanced DESPITE being the highest performers on the account.

Advice to Management

Manage your culture. Dont depend on exit interviews or escalations. Extend opportunities fairly.

Alexander Mann Solutions Response

Jan 2, 2019 – Director of People Capital

Please do get in touch with myself or Tanya-Marie Nichols direct to share your examples of opportunities that have been withheld through discriminatory practices.

AMS runs an internals first... More

8. "good"

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

good food lunch as always fridays

Cons

none i can say nice people

"Recruitment Specialist"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

You’ll have job security. Lots to do!

Cons

Until you don’t have job security.

Advice to Management

It really isn’t easy to move from one account to another. We also shouldn’t be punished for wanting to know about other opportunities.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Talented people
    New leadership

Cons

Lack of senior leadership in the Americas region.

Advice to Management

If you don’t tackle the lack of senior leadership and lack of HR strategy the Americas region will fail. Look into the games being played and lies.