Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alexander Mann Solutions Founder and CEO Rosaleen Blair
Rosaleen Blair

Pros
  • good work/life balance normally but with extreme peaks when client demands go up (in 30 reviews)

• Flexible working policies also great (in 25 reviews)

"Great Organization!"

Current Employee - Head of Client Services in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Head of Client Services in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great: they are smart, kind, thoughtful and highly supportive with a focus on your career within the organization. I have referred many people to come and work here and they feel that same way. You work hard here but that is the nature of a service organization. PTO plan helps with work-life balance.

Cons

Systems could use some work and integration.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing but if I had to pick a focus for the organization again system integrations.

"Comp is weak"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility / the people are great

Cons

the comp needs to be adjusted. Many great people are in the process of leaving so management should do something fast

"Lead Sourcing Specialist"

Current Employee - Lead Sourcing Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Sourcing Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, supportive team...a great chance to gain exposure to both sides of business working both internally and externally at the same time. AMS really gave me the tools to do my job day to day, and do it well. I learned a lot in my time with the organization and felt it really prepared me for the next step in my career. They have an amazing array of tools to help you become successful including an onsite trainer and a management team who cares about you, not just your work. I was able to self govern my day and get my work done without feeling micro managed, it was an overall positive experience and I recommend any recruiting professional to take a look into the company.

Cons

Req loads can be daunting at times and the clients process can really be a challenge to work with.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the relationships in the center with the employees, as well as allowing people to grow their careers (through their own hard work).

"An interesting Experience."

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Most of the people who work in the Cleveland office are Amazing.
    -Fresh fruit once a week
    -Star bucks coffee
    -Location
    -PTO
    -1 paid day off to volunteer
    -Work Committees (Social, Diversity, Health and wellness, Business development, etc.)
    -The values!!
    -The training
    -You meet the company executives though video messaging or even in person

Cons

-Paying for parking
    -A TON of politics
    -The culture almost feels like your in high school all over again
    -Your promoted based on how much you kiss up, and not for the work that you do. It is extremely hard to be promoted here for SOME people. You have to jump through a million hoops to even be considered.
    -Middle management are not good manager. They do not lead by example, motivate their workers, or help find ways to get them to the next step. I would say 90% of these people are not qualified for this kind of role.
    -Upper management is not aware of the issues that go on below them. Mainly because HR doe its best to protect the people they are friends with...again the politics
    -The pay - horrible and way below market.
    -The inconsistencies between middle management and their policies
    -They keep people who are quitting a secret from other employees because they don't want people to know how bad the turn over really is.
    -They treat certain employees differently
    -They have specific people who are asked to write good reviews on Glass Door as much as possible ( I know this is true because I was one of the people who were asked to write posts every now and then to balance the negative reviews.)
    -Needs more social events to bring everyone together
    -They give other people credit for your work.

Advice to Management

At some point, you have to separate personal and business. When people do things wrong, or out of process, etc. they should be held accountable. If you value your employees, LISTEN to them. Hire new middle management. You need LEADERS! Also, follow through on the things you say you are going to do. Saying things because they sound good doesn't mean anything if you don't follow through. People should be rewarded for the work they do. And pay your employees what they deserve. People here work their butts off and deserve to be rewarded.

Alexander Mann Solutions Response

Feb 27, 2017 – HR Business Partner - Americas

Thank you for taking some time to review our organization. We are very pleased to hear that you value the training you have received thus far as well as our paid volunteer day! I would like to take ... More

6. "Great Company, Some Colleagues Undervalued"

Current Employee - Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, AMS is a great company to work for. The people are always friendly, and willing to help. The environment encourages learning, personal development, and motivates the individual to sink/ swim.

Cons

Technology is a bit lacking, in addition to this, support with technology-- basically mediocre products with constant updates, and little help mediating large updates/ changes, productivity definitely goes down due to lags in technology.

I've experienced some employees/ colleagues undervalued by management. It seems like upper management is very excited to make bold moves and changes, however gives little consideration to the employees/ staff that these changes affect. Would appreciate to see foresight into management decisions versus only viewing these in hindsight. Again, not always a negative, but, management changes are often without warnings.

Advice to Management

Work to be more inclusive and considerate of employee opinions at all management and non management levels

"Most of the positive reviews are written by HR's request"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some Team Leads
    Vacation time, free fruit (only writing these things because a 20 word minimum is necessary but really these are not worth the awful experience)

Cons

Read all reviews, not just the positive and know the positives are fake. There is nothing 4 or 5 star about this company in Cleveland. Would rather work for a local staffing company than this RPO or better yet a corporate recruiting job. People go into the RPO industry for diversity in experience and work flex- you will get neither here. 95% of management in the Cleveland office are rude and unprofessional and the more senior they get the worse they are! The Team Leads are probably the best managers in the office!

Alexander Mann Solutions Response

Mar 30, 2017 – Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. After reviewing, I’m quite unsettled with your statement regarding the positive comments being requested by our HR department. This is not the way ... More

"From the eyes of China"

Current Employee - General Manager in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

People oriented, caring environment, work life balance, expert in RPO, delivery quality services, innovative

Cons

Poor budgeting process, a global firm but still a bit UK centric

"Joke of a company"

Current Employee - Senior Sourcing in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Sourcing in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The coffee and the clients that we get to work with like Nike, Morgan Stanley not AMS itself.

Cons

Everything!!!! I only worked there for a month. I was under extremely poor management. Both individuals were promoted based on politics I received no training was yelled at regularly. when I asked for work never received any until 3 weeks on the job. It was the poorest experience I ever had working for a organization. No onboarding or new hire Intergration into the company they basically make you wing everything. They are loseing clients because they are unhappy with the quality of work. This is the Cleveland americas office.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people based on favorites.

"Resource Specialist"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, Growing, and great culture

Cons

Currently, none at this time.

"Resource Specialist"

Current Employee - Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture, fantastic benefits, great training, good time off plan, work/life balance, Management that cares, long term growth opportunities.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. I have been here for less than a year now, but so far so good.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing. Listen to the employees. Be flexible and keep expanding and growing. Love the training!