Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Alexander Mann Solutions Founder and CEO Rosaleen Blair
Rosaleen Blair

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The work is dependent on client demands, and this can sometimes impact work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Very cliquey - if you're not in the inner circle, at senior management, it's hard to break in (in 15 reviews)

"Great People"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked in recruitment for 10 years and life at AMS is very good. Good opportunities to work with great client brands but what stands out the most is the people across the Americas and Cleveland office.
    Management do listen.

Cons

Expectations are high and some of the client accounts are demanding but overall it is a supportive culture across the teams.

Advice to Management

Keep listening

2. "Out of touch"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing- avoid unless you need a job for the time being and need a bit of training in processes because you will be a robot

Cons

It shows you how out of touch and defensive the organization is when the Senior Leader of the US responds to a negative post by saying "oh but we have the best retention yet." Yes because your retention in your Cleveland office has been awful for the last 2 years, so compared to what exactly?? Grow up and if someone is giving you criticism for having a negative impact on their life, take it and apologize. You aren't a leader, you check the boxes.

"Wanted: New Leadership In Cleveland"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far the best company with benefits: work from home, company laptop, Ton of good PTO and sick time, 401k match, performance incentives and 9 holidays paid. At times will show some progress with employee feedback with their yearly survey.

Cons

It depends on the account that you are on with the people and management. The key word is Overly a micromanaged company that does not give you room to breathe. Management delegates ton of tasks that normally would go to supervisors on to senior employees. The titles are by far the worst with not understanding the differences with what they do. People are leaving usually leaving around the one year mark with the lack of accountability on management.

Advice to Management

Fire some management that is not making your employees happy. Your people are AMS and will respect this company for better culture. Accountability should be on management to make the people be happy and want to stay. Pay raises need to occur more often. End the use of over micromanage and let your employees do their job instead of being annoyed by managed on a daily basis.

Aug 23, 2017 – HR Business Partner - Americas

We appreciate your recognition of the vast array of benefits we offer here at AMS. We equally appreciate the constructive criticism you have given regarding management styles/approach and avenues... More

"BI Analyst"

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Infrastructure, training and development opportunities

Cons

European based company with most leadership overseas

Advice to Management

Spend more time listening to the people doing the work and get a better understanding of how the day to day works

"Growing pains come with a growing company."

Current Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company with lots to offer. Good managers, Great Senior Leadership, and a company that knows where it wants to be in 5 years. Culture is positive and collaborative.

Cons

Usual growing pains when a company grows quickly. It's not perfect but Sr. Leadership works hard to make it a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Promote from within more often.

"Alexander Mann Solutions is an Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined AMS and had an exceptional onboarding experience! My manager and the employees were so helpful with training and getting me acclimated to my new job. The benefits are very competitive and the employees truly demonstrate the AMS values on a daily basis. The company is growing and there are excellent career growth opportunities. The working environment is flexible and engaging. I am so excited to be a part of the AMS team!

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Aug 14, 2017 – HR Director

We're so delighted to hear your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.

"Horrible Experience"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

- My peers have been great

Cons

- Poor management
    - Complete disregard to work load and need for more team members
    - Very unorganized
    - Lack there of client information from management
    - Not a partner with a client, but rather a vendor

Aug 14, 2017 – HR Director

I'm very sorry to hear this. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly sandy.lucas@alexmann.com to discuss your experience further.

8. "Lead Recruitment Specialist"

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Low pay. Lots of lies

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people in the interview.

Aug 14, 2017 – HR Director

We're very proud of our culture at AMS as they define who we are. Authenticity is one of our core values. Please can you contact me: sandy.lucas@alexmann.com as I would like to hear more about your... More

"DO not trust positive reviews"

Current Employee - Lead Sourcer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Lead Sourcer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DO NOT TRUST POSITIVE REVIEWS! The individuals who are writing the positive reviews are liars. Alexander Mann solutions is falling apart they are in serious need of employees because everyone is leaving the organization. There is no hope for this company to survive in the recruiting market because they do not know how to retain good employees.

Cons

Everything the company is a scam filled with political managers that are not even qualified for the positions.

Jul 14, 2017 – HR Business Partner - Americas

Alexander Mann Solutions is going from strength to strength and we are very proud of what we have achieved, our growth, the awards we have won and most importantly the great talent we have working... More

"Sourcing Specialist"

Pros

Great company - Excellent culture, facilitates growth and development extremely well, good work life balance, excellent support from management and team members

Cons

Don't really have any cons to list

Jun 5, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback.