Alexander Mann Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Alexander Mann Solutions Founder and CEO Rosaleen Blair
Rosaleen Blair

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is really good" (in 39 reviews)

• "Very progressive approach to flexible working, very family friendly policies" (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work is dependent on client demands, and this can sometimes impact work-life balance" (in 21 reviews)

• "Rather slow career progression (but this was in my case so this is not entirely right for everyone)" (in 16 reviews)

"Great company to grow with"

Current Employee - Lead Sourcing Specialist in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Lead Sourcing Specialist in Remote, OR

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of internal growth opportunities.

Cons

Can be stressful at times.

"Growing in Americas"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture. Listen to employees

Cons

Volatile account. Uncertainty with volumes.

3. "Assistant"

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professional Overall good curriculum. Benefits are great but the compensations are not.

Cons

Haven't found anything major (internal) so far.

"I probably wouldn’t work for AMS again."

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home flexibility and ability to move to different accounts

Cons

Management doesn’t know how to communicate, they like to spread the team too thin and still expect us to meet our SLA’s in a timely fashion.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage your team better and making it an efficient process

Nov 1, 2018 – Director of People Capital

I'd like to hear more about your experience - please get in contact if you would like to discuss in confidence. ruth.smyth@alexmann.com, HR Director

"Be ready for ZERO Training and Manager Engagement!"

Former Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Principal Resource Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits were amazing! The amount of PTO is awesome. Moving to other clients is dependent on their needs but, good if you are lucky to be in the right time of year.

Cons

Absolutely NO Training whatsoever...ZERO training at start. Don't expect any Manager Engagement and you should have RPO experience before you start. I did not and NEVER had a performance, compensation or bonus conversation in the 3 years I worked there. Every client requires a high req load (average of 40 reqs). Managers are kept so busy, they never have time to discuss your goals, compensation, career path, etc...

Advice to Management

Focus on TRAINING new Joiners and having conversations with your employees on the career path, compensation and goals for the future.

Nov 1, 2018 – Director of People Capital

Thank you for sharing your experience of working at AMS - your comments on training and management engagement are disappointing given our organisational focus on these areas. Please do get in touch... More

6. "Great place to work, if little to no experience"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management actually listens and cares what you have to say, it's a great place to work if you don't have much experience and just want to get you feet wet in some type of administrative/hr capacity. Company has grown quite a bit and is trying to grow more, even though the growth has noticeably slowed down. Pay is pretty good, especially for someone with just a degree and without any experience. Great work life balance, some managers are more accommodating than others but overall a very strong emphasis on work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes they're not truthful with you in the interview process about what you'll really be doing once you get hired. They've hired so many people that promotions are few and far in between even if you've worked really hard to get one and done everything that was asked of you. Work can be repetitive and boring but the pay makes it worth it.

Aug 28, 2018 – Director of People Capital

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our candidate and employee experience is very important to us and I'd like to hear more about your interview process. Please do get in touch... More

"Management sucks"

I have been working at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time

Pros

Not very many, maybe the pay.

Cons

Management creates a toxic environment. The will micromanage, belittle, and put down in front of other employees and clients. There is no proactiveness, they are always reacting.

Advice to Management

This might be a lost cause.

"Anonymous because management will try and figure out who writes these and retaliate"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Regular employees are hardworking and make the company despite the leaders not knowing what they are doing

Cons

They say anything to get a sale then mismanage it from day 1. Leaders don’t have a clue and the employees are the one who lose when clients are unhappy with the lousy service. Layoffs and more layoffs. They brainwash you into believing the authentic culture is real. Actions and words don’t match. It’s what you do. Leaders screw up and are never held accountable. If you are thinking about working here, do your homework and ask them about turnover and changes to accounts. Talk to people who are there and left to hear the real story and not the HR spin. Toxic culture. They give you a lot of vacation days and work from home to keep you from quitting. It’s all they have to offer. At some point this is not worth it and people quit for better jobs at better companies.

Advice to Management

Ride the wave of your time with the company because once it folds you’ll be out of a job and you won’t make it anywhere else. Don’t respond to me with an authentic note about how sad and concerned you are and I should contact you because you care.

Nov 1, 2018 – Director of People Capital

Your comments demonstrate to me how strongly you feel about your experience at AMS. I would be very interested (and authentically interested) in talking to you further. Do get in touch if you would... More

"Layoffs, layoffs and more layoffs..."

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people they hire are amazing. That's about it. Poorly managed accounts equals to losing business.

Cons

Layoffs. They try and hide them...people leaving left and right because one day you work with someone...the next day there gone and no one says a word to you about where they went. You reach out to former coworkers and they have no clue what happened to you...everything is a secret. Your final payout is a joke. A lot of people didnt even get one from what I heard.

Advice to Management

People work for you because they need jobs. Our families depend on us...throwing us out like trash after how hard we worked is no way to treat your employees.

Aug 20, 2018 – Global Director of Client Services

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. As someone who takes responsibility for many or our clients and teams, I am hugely disappointed to hear about your experience, which... More

"Horrible interview experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Alexander Mann Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros that I know of

Cons

I was put through a 4 hour interview plus multiple phone interviews for a position. Recruiter told me I was the preferred candidate and that they just needed an okay to give an official offer. I was moving from out of state and moved in the mean time as they said they were just waiting on one person. They kept pushing it back and back each time they called then when I was suppose to start that month they called and said they weren’t doing the program anymore. I had to scramble and find a temp job because I thought this one was already lined up, now I lived in a new apartment with no income as I was told I would be starting in a few weeks at that time. When they told me it was not happening they said the program would be happening in a few months. Those months came and went as I continued to follow up with them and they never once just told me that there was no opportunity. Extremely frustrating and upsetting experience, I wish the recruiters were more up front with me with what was going on especially because they knew I was moving to the area needing a job.