Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 21, 2017

1.0
Richard Anders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and (in 7 reviews)

• Long hours on weekend(11 hours on Saturdays usually with no breaks), Computer systems are outdated and hard to learn how to use (in 6 reviews)

1. "Was nice until it ended"

Former Employee - Staff Cost Accountant in Fort Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Cost Accountant in Fort Washington, PA

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the people I worked with.

Cons

Lack of communication and did not spend money correctly.

2. "Sales Associate"

Pros

Commission, very corporate training regimen that teaches employees what they want.

Cons

Little freedom due to corporate oversight

Advice to Management

Prices are too high, employees are underpaid

"This job is terrible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really aren't many

Cons

Management is terrible, favoritism verbal abuse absolutely horrible

Advice to Management

Retrain management before you get hit with a lawsuit

"Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dublin, OH

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding experience, quality product, brides are wonderful, you get to be a part of someone's big day, commission

Cons

Management, favoritism, verbally/mentally abusive management, never know where you stand. When you move on to a better opportunity, they fire you on the spot and lie straight to your face.

Advice to Management

Don't mess with your employees pay. My management changed a sale that was mine to their favorite stylist, I was constantly told how awful I am, and how little I mattered. Upper management: phenomenal! But one word of advice - do not promote the people with the highest turnover, there are red flags EVERYWHERE. Open your eyes.

"Bride Stylist"

Former Employee - Bride Stylist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Bride Stylist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to meet new people and get to know more about wedding dresses and wedding styling.

Cons

Management sucks. Low pay. No raises. Rude customers. Co workers talk a lot of smack and hate each other. Your never promised any hours. If your in college they will not work with your school schedule at all. They look at you as nothing but a worker.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees better. Give them better pay, hours, train them right.

6. "Sad story"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*you get to work open to close and 95% of the time with out a break too, now you don't even need to go to the gym when your off.*

Cons

Working at Alfred Angelo's wouldn't be so bad, if you didn't have to work under some one who is 65 years of age and had no management experience before in the bridal business, if any at all. My manager was over the level of stubborn, and even more negative then negative nancy is. The pay is not that great, and the computer systems are so old, I'm not lieing when I say you work on the old back and green screen. I also really hate having to over see people pushing brides to buy a dress that comes from China, late to the store, damaged 90% of the time, and in poor quality, for what the people are paying. Working open to close is something I think every one can say they have done before but with a break. NOT HERE !, get ready to work open to close with out one, and that's only because the manager is to stuck up and doest take one for her self, so that means if she can do it, you can too. (So against the law) Being the person who runs the store while your manager is away on vacation now means before she goes she goes and tell her seamstress that it will take her 2 weeks to fix everything when she comes back from vacation. At that point who even wants to try at all when shes leaving knowing your going to do an alful job. ( negative nancy) Being second in command you'd think would mean being told everything that's going on in the store, false you get to actually know nothing as your manager runs the store all by her self clearly not needed an assistant at all or her staff. Alfred Angelo's is a sad negative work place to be, and if you have to work long hours I feel that every one should get along and it be a comfortable work place. But not at this job.

Advice to Management

My advice to Alfred Angelo's is don't go on "under cover boss" and promises stuff to the stuff that you can't do nor want to do. Be aware of who your managers are in the store and take under consideration the opinions of the manager that the staff provides for you. Not every store manager is a good fit, expecially one who is negative about her staff and can't look at them as her team and just looks at them as nobodies. I realize that working for a "corporation" that every employee is just anouther number, like every where else, but then why keep poor management around that obviously wants to run the store by them selves ? This company is clearly not advancing any time soon if at all, so I defiantly will take my "word of month marketing" and tell how not great it is.

"If it wasn't a fun job, it would have been one of the worst."

Former Employee - SYLIST
    Former Employee - SYLIST

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun job and I liked some of my co workers. Met some really wonderful brides and great bridal parties and families.

Cons

Management on all levels is terrible from the store level all the way to the top!Communication is terrible. Brides know about sales and new items before the staff?

Commission is very low and paid on the back end. Shouldn't we get it when the company gets paid? I got hired to sell and I did, so if the wedding gets cancelled, and they don't pick up the dress, I'm out? Not right!

Advice to Management

Pay a little more hourly, pay the commission on what is paid on the dress immediately, hire decent managers and the communicate with them.

8. "N/A"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy working with Brides, it's a great place to work. The prices of gowns are great for the quality.

Cons

The register system needs to be updated. The Staff is very unprofessional. No one knows how to use the Register system to its full capacity and a lot of problems arise from it.

Advice to Management

There is a very bad energy at this location. The problems from previous Management were overwhelming. Get rid of that black cat that visits the store a few times a day or close this particular location. Very uncomfortable store to work in.

9. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nineveh, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nineveh, IN

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is you don't have the crazy retail holiday hour

Cons

Poor Upper management .... No follow through at all

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Richmond, VA

Pros

The dresses are very pretty. That is the only pro.

Cons

I have been working in bridal for almost 20 years and thought AA would provide great structure in the way they run a business. It is the most unorganized, untrustworthy company I have ever worked for in retail..PERIOD.
    The management team is not friendly or accommodating to the client or the workers. They were too busy to train people properly on the paperwork and computer input. No one had the time or the patience for new people. The turnover is ridiculous.
    I gave this place 1 star because I had to.

Advice to Management

Shut the store down and hire a completely new team and to the company: RE-work your structure and training. It's terrible.