Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 10, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Anders

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service (in 13 reviews)

• computer system was out of date (in 11 reviews)

"This job is terrible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really aren't many

Cons

Management is terrible, favoritism verbal abuse absolutely horrible

Advice to Management

Retrain management before you get hit with a lawsuit

"Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dublin, OH

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding experience, quality product, brides are wonderful, you get to be a part of someone's big day, commission

Cons

Management, favoritism, verbally/mentally abusive management, never know where you stand. When you move on to a better opportunity, they fire you on the spot and lie straight to your face.

Advice to Management

Don't mess with your employees pay. My management changed a sale that was mine to their favorite stylist, I was constantly told how awful I am, and how little I mattered. Upper management: phenomenal! But one word of advice - do not promote the people with the highest turnover, there are red flags EVERYWHERE. Open your eyes.

"Bride Stylist"

Former Employee - Bride Stylist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Bride Stylist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to meet new people and get to know more about wedding dresses and wedding styling.

Cons

Management sucks. Low pay. No raises. Rude customers. Co workers talk a lot of smack and hate each other. Your never promised any hours. If your in college they will not work with your school schedule at all. They look at you as nothing but a worker.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees better. Give them better pay, hours, train them right.

5. "Sad story"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*you get to work open to close and 95% of the time with out a break too, now you don't even need to go to the gym when your off.*

Cons

Working at Alfred Angelo's wouldn't be so bad, if you didn't have to work under some one who is 65 years of age and had no management experience before in the bridal business, if any at all. My manager was over the level of stubborn, and even more negative then negative nancy is. The pay is not that great, and the computer systems are so old, I'm not lieing when I say you work on the old back and green screen. I also really hate having to over see people pushing brides to buy a dress that comes from China, late to the store, damaged 90% of the time, and in poor quality, for what the people are paying. Working open to close is something I think every one can say they have done before but with a break. NOT HERE !, get ready to work open to close with out one, and that's only because the manager is to stuck up and doest take one for her self, so that means if she can do it, you can too. (So against the law) Being the person who runs the store while your manager is away on vacation now means before she goes she goes and tell her seamstress that it will take her 2 weeks to fix everything when she comes back from vacation. At that point who even wants to try at all when shes leaving knowing your going to do an alful job. ( negative nancy) Being second in command you'd think would mean being told everything that's going on in the store, false you get to actually know nothing as your manager runs the store all by her self clearly not needed an assistant at all or her staff. Alfred Angelo's is a sad negative work place to be, and if you have to work long hours I feel that every one should get along and it be a comfortable work place. But not at this job.

Advice to Management

My advice to Alfred Angelo's is don't go on "under cover boss" and promises stuff to the stuff that you can't do nor want to do. Be aware of who your managers are in the store and take under consideration the opinions of the manager that the staff provides for you. Not every store manager is a good fit, expecially one who is negative about her staff and can't look at them as her team and just looks at them as nobodies. I realize that working for a "corporation" that every employee is just anouther number, like every where else, but then why keep poor management around that obviously wants to run the store by them selves ? This company is clearly not advancing any time soon if at all, so I defiantly will take my "word of month marketing" and tell how not great it is.

6. "N/A"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy working with Brides, it's a great place to work. The prices of gowns are great for the quality.

Cons

The register system needs to be updated. The Staff is very unprofessional. No one knows how to use the Register system to its full capacity and a lot of problems arise from it.

Advice to Management

There is a very bad energy at this location. The problems from previous Management were overwhelming. Get rid of that black cat that visits the store a few times a day or close this particular location. Very uncomfortable store to work in.

7. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Nineveh, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Nineveh, IN

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is you don't have the crazy retail holiday hour

Cons

Poor Upper management .... No follow through at all

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Richmond, VA

Pros

The dresses are very pretty. That is the only pro.

Cons

I have been working in bridal for almost 20 years and thought AA would provide great structure in the way they run a business. It is the most unorganized, untrustworthy company I have ever worked for in retail..PERIOD.
    The management team is not friendly or accommodating to the client or the workers. They were too busy to train people properly on the paperwork and computer input. No one had the time or the patience for new people. The turnover is ridiculous.
    I gave this place 1 star because I had to.

Advice to Management

Shut the store down and hire a completely new team and to the company: RE-work your structure and training. It's terrible.

"Reconsider"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boardman, OH

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Closed most of the holidays. Meeting new people.

Cons

Poor district manager. Undercover boss was a joke. CEO never followed through. Bad pay. Never get reviews or raises.

Advice to Management

The last recent review is a joke. They must of just got hired. Just wait till you miss your sales goal for the week/ month Guaranteedthe criticism you recieve from upper management you will be running through thr door.

"Uncomfortable"

Former Employee - Former Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The bonus you could make was great.

Cons

The staff fighting over brides. The staff having melt down along with the brides. The company not sending dresses on time. The upper management would not let call customers back for issues that stores are nt allow to make. Bridal season from January to April was awful.
    Alway on call.

Advice to Management

Give store management the approval to run the business and make decisions.

"Eveything about this place is bad except getting to know your co-workers."

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were great. Most of them anyway. Alfred Angelo doesn't really screen who they hire.

Cons

Terrible pay. Terrible management. Outdated, slow computer system. You don't get commision until the merchandise you ordered for the customer arrives, which could range between 1-4 months. If you quit you don't get your incoming commision. Employees are definitely undervalued. And again, management is a joke and horrible. All the way up to the top. They went on the show "Undercover Boss" and promised to make all these changes, like immediate commision and updated computer system. That was over a year ago and we just got confirmation that neither of those changes will be made. It was all for publicity of course. Not for helping the employees at all. Don't waste your time with this job. If you really want to try working in bridal try the other bridal chains or boutiques. I know most of them pay much better.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees. They are the ones bringing in the money. They sell the dresses and provide the customer service. They do the hard work yet are paid the least and greatly undervalued. The rate at which employees come and go is unbelievable and so fast. This reflects quite badly on you. Yet I believe you prefer it that way because you don't have to worry about pay raises or anything like that. Give the employees their commission at the time of purchase rather than 4 months later. Also give your employees that quit for whatever reasons their incoming commission. There is no excuse for them not to get the comission they worked for. Make sure your people are taken care of.