Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 10, 2017

2.0
Richard Anders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service (in 13 reviews)

• computer system was out of date (in 11 reviews)

1. "love the brides, hate the company"

Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 8 years)

Pros

working with brides was awesome

Cons

terrible company, terrible ethics, very money hungry

Advice to Management

realize consultants or who bring in money!!

"Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seeing all of the great product each year upgrade and get better

Cons

Advice to Management

Allow the customer service team to take on more accountability in helping customers understand the special order/shipping process. Your managers are beaten down daily.....

3. "Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Roseville, CA

Pros

Fun environment, a very interactive with customers. Gratifying to help brides find their gown. Hours are relatively good.. flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Commission is a joke.. (only 4% of sales) , minimum wage, hard work and sometimes there is no time to take breaks.

Advice to Management

There isn't much management can do with the corporate policies

4. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Director in North Wales, PA
    Former Employee - Director in North Wales, PA

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well established family owned company. Beautiful product

Cons

Understaffed for their initiatives. Somewhat scattered.

5. "Bridal stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- work one on one with clients
    - style bridal parties
    - hours were flexible
    - personally got to pull looks
    - good amount of time allotted for each customer

Cons

- didnt get commission for many months after sale
    - base pay and commission % were low
    - computer system was out of date
    - not enough choices of shoes and accessories

Advice to Management

The company needs a makeover to create a fresher more fashion forward image to potential customers. Looking to runway and high end design to influence dresses. Also creating a more high end experience by providing Champagne and plenty of accessories to style head to toe.

"Highly Competitive"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They now have immediate compensation for sales.

Cons

High competition between stylists caused tension

Advice to Management

Fairly distribute clients

"Poor Upper Management"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great customers, fun work environment. Great co-workers, the bridal events are fun, fun, fun. In spite of my employment ended, I was able to learn a great deal that I will apply to future endeavors.

Cons

The company is not properly structured. The Store Management has no autonomy. The DM that I worked for would rather place blame on anyone than herself. She lacks integrity in most situations that are not favorable to her. The training is okay, you have to judge that on a store by store scenario. My SM was a great trainer and I learned valuable information from her. The lack of work-life balance is what most managers complain about. There has to be something that can be done. This should seriously be reviewed by someone in a position of authority with the ability to make change.

Advice to Management

Please place an individual in place to actually supervise the DM staff. From what I've experienced the majority of them lack integrity and only look out for themselves. The company overall is pretty good, but that DM level needs serious improvement. Good management has been lost as a result of the lack of professionalism from the DM staff. I had an at home accident and was totally mishandled by the DM to the point that she replaced my position and I was under recovery. This company needs an in-house HR department that knows and exercises true HR law.

"Senior Management is not motivating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Providing the experience for the customers is great. Your team is great.

Cons

Management is not management. They belittle you and demean you in every possible way when you're trying your best. Even when you do your best there is not recognition. They are not fair to their employees to say the least. They do not appreciate their management or employees for that matter. The pressure for sales is there for sure. However, there is a motivating way to going about doing so. At times it feels like harassment.

Advice to Management

Be more positive and supportive. When management asks for help in what you are coaching them on give some type of feedback. Do not harass your employees who are on the front line with the customers. You will lose great employees due to your practices that you are implementing. Practices being treatment and way of talking to your employees. Never ending conference calls. Literally one day of the week the entire day we are on conference calls. Talking about our numbers is not making anything better. We need more time on the floor to coach our employees and train the new ones coming in. We do not have the payroll to even support that. Morale is down, nothing like it was a few years ago.

"Lack of communication"

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Seeing how happy the brides and their families are when you help them find "the dress"

Cons

There is no communication. Everything has to go through merchandising and sometimes they never respond. I think they forget we are the ones dealing with customers in our faces and they hide behind their desk. Computers are dinosaurs. They are so slow and quit working half the time. Bonuses and commissions are terrible.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the people that are actually dealing with the customers. Pay commission up front like you said you would on undercover boss. Respond faster to emails, so that we don't look like we don't care to the customers. Update the equipment!

"Management"

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time

Pros

Rewarding to help others, fun if you love fashion, no late night shifts

Cons

Pay, eligibility for benefits, corporate, mean customers, payroll, inexperienced district managers, unaccountable company, poor micro management

Advice to Management

Value your employees half as much as you do your customers. People don't work for your company as a hobby. They have responsibilities and bills to pay. Minimum wage is horrific compensation based on the job requirements. It is impossible to train and retain exceptional employees when they could go flip burgers and make the same amount of money and probably feel more appreciated. World class customer service is expected by employees while they are living in poverty and getting their hours cut and benefits taken away by a company without a conscience. Your product is clearly designed by people too old to understand what young women want. Out with the old, in with the new! Alfred Angelo needs reinvented with a youthful twist. Many members of corporate are horrible at their job but are still employed due to loyalty. The real talent doing all the work in the stores are not valued whatsoever and job security is non-existent. Nothing is kept confidential at the HR/corporate level. If you dare to complain plan on everyone knowing about it and them making up an excuse to get rid of you. You should rewatch Undercover Boss and relish in the fact that you lied about how well you treat your employees and somehow have avoided a lawsuit when all you did in that show was make empty promises while promoting the business on national tv.