Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Richard Anders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service (in 13 reviews)

• A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great while it lasted."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, the quality products, making a lasting impression on future brides. I loved 95% of my job. The 5% was little things that didn't matter.

Cons

Disconnect and communication problems between corporate level and store level. Things were old or not used in the best way. The company was slow to advance.

Advice to Management

You should have tried to help your customers until the end instead of screwing the customers and employees. I was so disappointed how the last day on the job went down and no notice. There could have been some great things to come away from this if the CEO and company tried harder, did better, worked smarter.

2. "incredible people"

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the best group of people i have ever had the honor to work with

Cons

owned by a private equity group

Advice to Management

do not sell out

3. "Work environment"

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

Pros

Great place and great peopl to work

Cons

Pay wasn't that great. Very seasona. Possibility of making more money only in commissions

4. "3rd key - Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Third Key, Bridal Stylist in Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Third Key, Bridal Stylist in Garland, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job, fun to help brides find their gowns. Hours are good as well - no later than 8 PM weeknights.
    Awesome hardworking Store Manager. She works hard for her employees. She always had our backs.

Cons

Pay - not high enough for the intensity and responsibility entailed in this job.

Advice to Management

Increasing the pay scale will help you find professional people to hire. This will keep down the turnover rate for employees. The more professional, the better sales for the company.

5. "Fun"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co workers, fun place to work for, good for college students

Cons

Not a full time job for me

6. "Stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is great and you really value their dresses since they are so beautiful! The managers are always sweet and will always help with the sales which helps you with your commissions.

Cons

Pay isn't that great but if you work hard you can make a lot off commissions. You have to deal with brides and their mothers or rude family members.

7. "Great Job, but you MUST LOVE BRIDES"

Pros

--being surrounded by beautiful dresses all the time!
    -- autonomy! they give you the tools to make your sale, but leave nailing it to you! This is great-- I've had other jobs where management was breathing down my neck and it sucked.
    -- I had a GREAT team!!

Cons

--The girls I worked with were nice, but very clique-ish.... They respect you if you act like you're working hard, and will cut you if you don't.
    -- Brides and bridal parties can be brutal. you have to REALLY love what you are doing to be successful as a bridal stylist, particularly because
    --The pay SUCKS. 4% commission, and you don't even see it until the dresses are made and arrive to the store....which can take up to 5 months.

Advice to Management

In store management-- be a little more welcoming and do a better job hiring people that care and the turnover rate probably wouldn't be so high.

8. "Great job"

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

Pros

Lots of freedom to do your job your way and build relationships with your customers, general positive atmosphere

Cons

customers can be extra demanding because it's a wedding dress; customer service is #1, even if that means staying an extra hour and a half until a girl is done prancing around playing dress-up

Advice to Management

Continue cultivating an atmosphere of collaboration; commission based sales can get catty if everyone's not careful to avoid stepping on toes. And calm down on the "you have to be covered to the elbows" rule, at least in Florida in the summer.

9. "Fun Environment, Large Workload"

Current Employee - Third Key - Shift Supervisor in Greece, NY
    Current Employee - Third Key - Shift Supervisor in Greece, NY

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, Cheerful clients, Wonderful stories, Busy weekends with high potential for commissions, Beautiful gowns, Flexible hours for associates with school and scheduling conflicts

Cons

Very outdated register system, Unfulfilled promises from upper management, Commission not paid for months until the entire order arrives, Heavy Workload with very little time to complete, Company (corporate) does not stand by their own "all sales final" policy, No yearly review which means no yearly pay raise or compensation for hard work

Advice to Management

Update the computer systems, Give raises for associates on a yearly review basis

10. "My job is a dream"

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced environment, friendly co-workers, supportive upper level management, strong company values, rewarding experience with brides, actually look forward to going to work every day.

Cons

Extremely outdated computer system, little to no public advertisement, "lost in the shuffle" to larger stores in corporate's eyes, minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Please update the computer system, give individual stores social media accounts, and budget for renovations in the future!