Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Anders

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service (in 13 reviews)

• computer system was out of date (in 11 reviews)

"Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very rewarding and exciting environment. Great open door policy with excellent hands on training and continual coaching. Love helping brides find a dream gown. Great work hours

Cons

As with any retail business weekend and holiday availability to work

Advice to Management

Great open door policy

"Great Job! Lots of opportunities!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Brea, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 3 years)

Pros

Confidence in a business with a history of 80 years as well as a product that has a high standard within the industry. Promotion within and potential for growth within the company. Opportunity to work independently. Corporate confidence permeates to the store level. District manager readily available and approachable.

Cons

Antiquated technology. Need for interior redesign and updating as well as better in store music appropriate for bridal.

Advice to Management

Continue grooming staff for potential growth within Alfred Angelo stores.

"Great Company with opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time

Pros

The people who work at Alfred Angelo are amazing. Many have been with the company for over 10 years. The work culture and environment are really fun and the people here really enjoy what they do. They always bring fashion to the forefront and teach wonderful customer service skills. They love the product line because it has great value. The service is always one on one and very fun. The Alfred Angelo team really touches lives with the work they do and you can tell they obtain personal fulfilment.
    The company is in a great place right now, and it is only getting better! There are great growth opportunities because the company really focuses on promoting from within. It's a great place to come to everyday.

Cons

The computer systems are old.

Advice to Management

1. Continue to invest in technology and people power. The new CEO is great. He is making some awesome changes and focusing on new concept stores.

4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great and fun product. Experienced, supportive and positive upper management. Close staff and positive work atmosphere,. Corporate looks to retail for suggestions and input to help better company product and service. Design team is innovative. Company promotes within and develops leadership. Competitive and constant growth. Company is moving forward and product is changing for the better. Great benefits and employee discounts.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day. You can get lost in bridal world, time flys! Technology could use upgrading. Need more marketing on social media. Store needs updated look or a timeless layout.

Advice to Management

Keep developing your employees they are the growth of your company.

5. "Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission certainly makes the hourly pay worth while. Company really does try and invest in each customer as part of their family and will make every effort to accommodate customers.

Cons

Management is majorly lacking from the top down at the retail level. They regularly need warm bodies to fill a need, and often times it isn't enough to accommodate the traffic that walks through their doors (primarily on weekends). The store(s) is(are) physically a "boutique" feel but is/are so astronomically small that you may as well forget about having a comfortable space for customer to work especially with their family/friends.

Advice to Management

Consider an increase in hourly pay based off performance. I dedicated 4 years to this company, in my multiple years I was proficient in all tasks at the store, met most of my sales goals without issue, received no complaints from customers and still took 3 years to see an increase in hourly pay when new people with no experience were being hired on at a higher pay with no experience. This was known to other employees as I was often responsible for assisting in reporting sales vs payroll reports.

Opportunities for career investment/advancement are non-existent.

6. "Bridal stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Champlin, MN
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Champlin, MN

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun and awesome environment, if you are good at sales you can excel

Cons

Hard to help some brides because sometimes the newest styles take forever to come in anything above a 10

Advice to Management

Overall good stuff, nothing to report. More weekend incentives would be nice like bonuses and small perks during busy season.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to move up in the company. Great possibility to make good money with commission.

Cons

Could use better information on product delivery times to give to the customers

8. "Magical"

Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very exciting helping brides find their dream gown .. opportunity to move up / career

Cons

work every Saturday and most Sundays ..

Advice to Management

get updated computer systems .. put money back into stores appearance

9. "Over the past few years I have progressed with a company that I truly have a passion for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This family owned company really has the best intentions in mind in regards to their customers and employees. How often in retail do you get to work so closely with a person and share in the most emotional purchase of her life? It is a rewarding experience to say the least.

Cons

Outdated technology. The company could really put some effort into upgrading systems in their retail stores. They might also benefit from a more updated advertising campaign to drive business.

10. "Amazing family owned and operated.... Well established"

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a huge passion for this company. Alfred Angelo was founded in 1933 and is still family owned and operated. This company is continuing to grow stronger and stronger every yr. I have been with Alfred Angelo Bridal for 5yrs now and this is my career, my passion.

As a manager I have a great support team, district manager is extremely approachable and very much involved in the stores to make our district very successful. We have on going training within our district to keep our talents and skills fine tuned.

Great opportunity for management as well as stylist.

Cons

I believe every company has room for changes and improvements, Alfred Angelo Bridal is defiantly on the right track.

Advice to Management

I feel that we finally have a district manager that has walked in the store managers shoes before becoming the district manager, which gives here a better look on how to run the district and lead a successful team.