Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Anders

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service (in 13 reviews)

• computer system was out of date (in 11 reviews)

1. "Growing Company with lots of Opportunity"

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New training programs, creative marketing, cutting edge designs , dramatic management changes that have put the emphasis on each employee's day to be one of learning and growth, but most of all a renewed energy and the passion to enrich the customer experience, that will take this long standing company to the top!

Cons

Technology programs are being upgraded and need further advancement for stronger communication in all area's of the company benefiting customer, employee and management

2. "Great company"

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training programs and materials - corrections are done in a positive and teaching/learning way instead of scolding way
    Professional and friendly
    Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism
    Never a dull moment
    Great selection of colors, sizes, customization options, and styles - Great quality merchandise - I can actually believe what I sell
    They truly care for the customer

Cons

The systems and programs are a little slow and outdated
    Replenishments and stock of office supplies, toiletries, and maintainence don't seem to be as important of a priority

3. "Love our rancho family"

Current Employee - Third Key in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Third Key in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing management, incredible district manager, store manager of rancho is always there to help you , if you ever have a question your dm is only one call away , your team is very much like your family I actually look forward to going in to work every day

Cons

The customers are not always the nicest but you have great management there to help you In any situation

Advice to Management

I couldn't ask for a better store manager or district manager they are incredible people

5. "Amazing family owned and operated.... Well established"

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have a huge passion for this company. Alfred Angelo was founded in 1933 and is still family owned and operated. This company is continuing to grow stronger and stronger every yr. I have been with Alfred Angelo Bridal for 5yrs now and this is my career, my passion.

As a manager I have a great support team, district manager is extremely approachable and very much involved in the stores to make our district very successful. We have on going training within our district to keep our talents and skills fine tuned.

Great opportunity for management as well as stylist.

Cons

I believe every company has room for changes and improvements, Alfred Angelo Bridal is defiantly on the right track.

Advice to Management

I feel that we finally have a district manager that has walked in the store managers shoes before becoming the district manager, which gives here a better look on how to run the district and lead a successful team.

6. "Over the past few years I have progressed with a company that I truly have a passion for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This family owned company really has the best intentions in mind in regards to their customers and employees. How often in retail do you get to work so closely with a person and share in the most emotional purchase of her life? It is a rewarding experience to say the least.

Cons

Outdated technology. The company could really put some effort into upgrading systems in their retail stores. They might also benefit from a more updated advertising campaign to drive business.

7. "Magical"

Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very exciting helping brides find their dream gown .. opportunity to move up / career

Cons

work every Saturday and most Sundays ..

Advice to Management

get updated computer systems .. put money back into stores appearance

8. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Fun atmosphere. .descent hrs..descent pay

Cons

Outdated computers system..bigger break area

Advice to Management

Remember people work for people..treat staff accordingly

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to move up in the company. Great possibility to make good money with commission.

Cons

Could use better information on product delivery times to give to the customers

10. "Bridal stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Champlin, MN
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Champlin, MN

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun and awesome environment, if you are good at sales you can excel

Cons

Hard to help some brides because sometimes the newest styles take forever to come in anything above a 10

Advice to Management

Overall good stuff, nothing to report. More weekend incentives would be nice like bonuses and small perks during busy season.

11. "Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission certainly makes the hourly pay worth while. Company really does try and invest in each customer as part of their family and will make every effort to accommodate customers.

Cons

Management is majorly lacking from the top down at the retail level. They regularly need warm bodies to fill a need, and often times it isn't enough to accommodate the traffic that walks through their doors (primarily on weekends). The store(s) is(are) physically a "boutique" feel but is/are so astronomically small that you may as well forget about having a comfortable space for customer to work especially with their family/friends.

Advice to Management

Consider an increase in hourly pay based off performance. I dedicated 4 years to this company, in my multiple years I was proficient in all tasks at the store, met most of my sales goals without issue, received no complaints from customers and still took 3 years to see an increase in hourly pay when new people with no experience were being hired on at a higher pay with no experience. This was known to other employees as I was often responsible for assisting in reporting sales vs payroll reports.

Opportunities for career investment/advancement are non-existent.