Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Anders

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service (in 13 reviews)

• computer system was out of date (in 11 reviews)

"Sad to Work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The customers are great to work with.

Cons

They cut hours every week. Very unprofessional. Unobtainable goals. Very out dated and poorly run company.

Advice to Management

Start over. Care about the employees.

"Please don't make the mistake of working here."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The best part is hearing from other stores how much we all hate what we do and who we do it for.

Cons

There are endless conference calls. Every week the hours are less and less, but the goals are more and more.

Advice to Management

Pay attention! Your hours are being cut making us take less and less appts. Of course your sales are tanking. Let the managers do what is best for each store. What works in one market doesn't work in another. It's common knowledge. Just because they can write emails and say sell sell sell doesnt mean they know anything

"Awful experience, worst job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are nice, not late compared to many retail stores. Dresses are beautiful and helping the customers is fun.

Cons

Mangement doesn't communicate, I told one manager (the other was on vacation when I started) my schedule and she didn't communicate it to the manager that made the schedule, caused unneeded conflict that I was blamed for. I was expected to know every single thing the first time I walked into the place. Dresses were referred to by style number, I was scolded numerous times for not knowing which was which even though I was only there for 4 five and a half hour days. I was threatened to be written up on my second day because I put a dress back in the wrong spot. I wasn't even told when my first day was. I was called the day before and told to come in the next day. There isn't any respect for the employees, I was constantly scolded in front of customers. I could hear the manager bad mouthing me while I'm putting dresses on customers in the dressing room. Extremely unprofessional enviroment. I've only been there four days but I'm expected to have the knowledge of someone who's been there for years.Training is non exsistent. I got put with a bride the second day I worked there without any training, I was scolded for not choosing the correct dresses. Overall, an extremely stressful/negative enviroment to try and work in.

Advice to Management

Get management under control. Take a serious look at the managers and reevaluate the situations. If a manager has been at a certain store for 3 years and the longest employee has been there 3 months, there's clearly an issue that needs to be addressed.

5. "unstable higher managment"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the prodcut they sell is good quality

Cons

poor communication from the top of the organization down, unclear regarding their direction

Advice to Management

Get more qualified senior managment and district managers

6. "abysmal."

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Columbus, OH

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great coworkers. fun to help brides find the dress of their dreams.

Cons

awful district manager. having your job constantly threatened doesn't make for high employee morale.

Advice to Management

laying off the entire staff during the summer retail slump was a very calculated move, as the company does not have to pay the employees their earned commission. this policy is unfair. district manager was extremely rude to employees and customers, making for an uncomfortable work environment. restructuring the upper management would be helpful to future employees.

"Horrible to their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You do make commission but only 4 percent

Cons

No way to move up management doesn't know what there doing. Rude customers the customer is always right even if you did your job. As a bridal stylist you are looked at completely replaceable. Corporate does not care about what goes on in their store they keep everything a big secret ti it blows up in there face

Advice to Management

Please listen to the little people who see what is happening every day your management that you have in your store check them out. They are not who you believe them to be.

"Worst Job Ever"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a 30% discount on all items. That is the only thing I can think to say. Now I'm just trying to fill the 20-word minimum.

Cons

The whole Undercover Boss waste of money is complete bull. They need to pay the stylists more per hour, and could have if they never did Undercover Boss.Some of these people are students paying off their loans, some are mothers trying to make ends meet. And all they pay is minimum wage plus 4% commission; so on a $1000 dress you get $40, well probably around $30 after taxes. You don't see the commission until AFTER the dress comes in and the balance has been paid. Making it hard to sell the job to prospective hires who need decent money now. They sent out these horrible cut-outs of the president that I personally refused to put in my store, however, knew I had to, so I reluctantly did it anyways. It was so commercialized and cheesy! It looks so cheap, you don't see Kleinfeld doing stupid things like that.

My DM is incredibly rude and nasty to my manager. If we do really well in a given week, the response we get is "good" if another store does the same, they get "Wooo hoo! Awesome job ladies!" So there is A LOT of bias going on in my district as well.

A good amount of the new dresses are horribly cheap, but they put these high price tags on them. It seems as though the designers have a complex about trying to set Alfred Angelo apart with their new designs. They're horrible. They do not sell. Some dresses I can't even match a target market to.

Advice to Management

Listen to the the stylists and Managers of the retail stores. They know what the customers are looking for. Get rid of Timetrade (the online appointment booking site). It sends a bad message to the customer when they book an appointment and have to be called the next day to switch it because the store is over-booked for that time slot.

PAY A LIVABLE SALARY. Stop being penny-wise and pound foolish, I don't want to see cheap plastic beads on dresses that are $1399.

Coach merchandising on carefully reading an F9 question in full and answering all parts of it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've asked 2 or more questions in an F9 request, and gotten an answer to only one of them. The actual customers get really frustrated and blame the people in the store for merchandising's ineptness. The internal customer service is horrible.

"Poor treatment of employees and customers"

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was lucky because I hired and maintained a great team at my store so we all worked well together.

Cons

There was not any support or communication from the company at all. Their customer service was poor and being a manager it was hard being the middle man for a company who doesn't care about its customer.

Advice to Management

Support your front line staff, give them reviews and raises when they deserve them.

"Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Bridal Specialist in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time

Pros

I really liked the over time

Cons

This company is very awful to work for, I was one of their top sales girls, I got promoted my first month I was there to bridal stylist. At first the manger loved me but when I started inquring about assistant mangement position. Instead of helping me she started to treat me with disrespect. On my last day of working they worked me the whole day, and then told me they have my last pay check. I was laid off with no reason what so ever. They have no regards for you as an employee, your just another worker to them.

Advice to Management

More professional

"Poor Upper Management"

Former Employee - Stylist
    Former Employee - Stylist

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, it's pretty easy to ask for less / more hours, as long as you notify the manager in advance, it's usually OK.

Cons

It takes about 1 year to see why employees run away from this company : They don't treat their employees well. We are just replaceable goods to Alfred Angelo. I was one of the best stylists in the store, very good seller, accommodating, willing to do the dirty work, ..... even willing to admit my mistakes!! But funnily enough, the Store Manager made things more difficult for me when I started to do well. Most of the time I was just punished .... for doing things right.

Advice to Management

If you are a CEO or Vice President, please be careful about who you hire as District managers (They are the ones who will hire Store Managers). And bad Store Managers will drive away some of the best stylists there are. They bully the nicest, well-meaning, and professional stylists. Just because they feel threatened, Just because they want to be the ONLY one to make sales. They steal the Stylists' commissions. And when I tried to communicate and work things out with them, I get more negativity and punishment.

So unprofessional. Are we back in kindergarten?