Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews

Updated April 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service (in 13 reviews)

• computer system was out of date (in 11 reviews)

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to move up in the company. Great possibility to make good money with commission.

Cons

Could use better information on product delivery times to give to the customers

2. "Bridal Stylist"

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Greece, NY
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Greece, NY

Pros

It's a very fun environment and gives a lot of room to build relationships and be creative. The crew there is very warm, friendly, and most really want to support and help one another out. I look into going to work every day, which is very important.

Cons

A lot of dresses have been coming in with problems and that gets pinned on the stylists - which unfortunately comes out of our commission even though we had no part in that. The company has also had issues with sending things in a timely manner (especially rushes which include fees that the customers pay for). It's tough to keep track of commission - some employees will taking other stylists sales and there hasn't been any retribution for them doing that - and in the end that hurts our paychecks and we don't get rewarded for the hard work that we do.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make sure each stylist gets the commission for the appointments they take. Please also refrain from taking commission from us for dress returns when it is not our fault.

"Reconsider"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boardman, OH

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Closed most of the holidays. Meeting new people.

Cons

Poor district manager. Undercover boss was a joke. CEO never followed through. Bad pay. Never get reviews or raises.

Advice to Management

The last recent review is a joke. They must of just got hired. Just wait till you miss your sales goal for the week/ month Guaranteedthe criticism you recieve from upper management you will be running through thr door.

"Good Company...Most of the Time"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment when you have a good team. So rewarding to help a bride feel beautiful and confident, and to be a part of her wedding process. Commission based, so it's nice when you have a great connection with a bride, you'll often work with her bridesmaids, mother/mother in law, flower girls, etc. Loved seeing the constant flow of new designs! Stores carry multiple sizes of every dress, so you don't have to shove a size 10 into a size 4 sample and make her feel self conscious.

Cons

Can be a very catty environment - lots of girls in a competitive sales scenario. Corporate is heavy handed with rules. Lots of shipping issues that were impossible to resolve.

Advice to Management

Offer more support to ASM/SM dealing with difficulties like shipping delays or difficult customers. Repeatedly telling someone "sorry there's nothing I can do" does not make for happy customers. Quit the rule that we have to cut up dresses that are discontinued or flawed - be socially responsible! Have the dresses shipped back to corporate to be repurposed (fabric, beading, sashes), or partner with a charity who accepts wedding dress donations.

"Uncomfortable"

Former Employee - Former Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The bonus you could make was great.

Cons

The staff fighting over brides. The staff having melt down along with the brides. The company not sending dresses on time. The upper management would not let call customers back for issues that stores are nt allow to make. Bridal season from January to April was awful.
    Alway on call.

Advice to Management

Give store management the approval to run the business and make decisions.

"Eveything about this place is bad except getting to know your co-workers."

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were great. Most of them anyway. Alfred Angelo doesn't really screen who they hire.

Cons

Terrible pay. Terrible management. Outdated, slow computer system. You don't get commision until the merchandise you ordered for the customer arrives, which could range between 1-4 months. If you quit you don't get your incoming commision. Employees are definitely undervalued. And again, management is a joke and horrible. All the way up to the top. They went on the show "Undercover Boss" and promised to make all these changes, like immediate commision and updated computer system. That was over a year ago and we just got confirmation that neither of those changes will be made. It was all for publicity of course. Not for helping the employees at all. Don't waste your time with this job. If you really want to try working in bridal try the other bridal chains or boutiques. I know most of them pay much better.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees. They are the ones bringing in the money. They sell the dresses and provide the customer service. They do the hard work yet are paid the least and greatly undervalued. The rate at which employees come and go is unbelievable and so fast. This reflects quite badly on you. Yet I believe you prefer it that way because you don't have to worry about pay raises or anything like that. Give the employees their commission at the time of purchase rather than 4 months later. Also give your employees that quit for whatever reasons their incoming commission. There is no excuse for them not to get the comission they worked for. Make sure your people are taken care of.

8. "Magical"

Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very exciting helping brides find their dream gown .. opportunity to move up / career

Cons

work every Saturday and most Sundays ..

Advice to Management

get updated computer systems .. put money back into stores appearance

9. "Pretty good company to work for"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Treats employees well. Family owned business

Cons

Hard to get a raise. Not a very good bonus.

"Highly Competitive"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They now have immediate compensation for sales.

Cons

High competition between stylists caused tension

Advice to Management

Fairly distribute clients

"Just OK"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Good discount if you need a dress or accesories

Cons

Terrible management and corporate team

Advice to Management

Start caring about your customers!