Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews | Glassdoor

Alfred Angelo Bridal Reviews

Updated November 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • working with brides was awesome (in 9 reviews)

• Really just imagine helping brides find their dream dress every day (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and (in 7 reviews)

• Long hours on weekend(11 hours on Saturdays usually with no breaks), Computer systems are outdated and hard to learn how to use (in 6 reviews)

"Over worked for the Pay"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Oceanside, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Oceanside, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time

Pros

You will learn a ridiculous amount of awesome things. You will love your team, love the environment (most days...this is still sales). You will test the limits of your patience, pride, understanding, and test your dedication.
    Fun
    Rewarding
    Fast Paced
    Challenging- you will never be bored
    Huge resume builder

Cons

They simply put demand too much for what they pay for management. Stylist make almost as much as management and management is working over 60 hours a week easily on minimum salary. If you start in management here negotiate your salary high because there will never be a raise
    High in difficulty
    High in pressure on management
    High in stress
    Low pay
    Long hours (12 hour minimum on management)
    High expectations with little direction

Advice to Management

The managers work VERY hard, my advice to upper management would be to make sure your managers can take their vacation. Not one day here or one day there, a full week. You are BURNING them out and you need to remember they can make more doing less almost EVERYWHERE else.

"Bride Stylist"

Former Employee - Bride Stylist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Bride Stylist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to meet new people and get to know more about wedding dresses and wedding styling.

Cons

Management sucks. Low pay. No raises. Rude customers. Co workers talk a lot of smack and hate each other. Your never promised any hours. If your in college they will not work with your school schedule at all. They look at you as nothing but a worker.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees better. Give them better pay, hours, train them right.

"Lack of communication"

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Seeing how happy the brides and their families are when you help them find "the dress"

Cons

There is no communication. Everything has to go through merchandising and sometimes they never respond. I think they forget we are the ones dealing with customers in our faces and they hide behind their desk. Computers are dinosaurs. They are so slow and quit working half the time. Bonuses and commissions are terrible.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the people that are actually dealing with the customers. Pay commission up front like you said you would on undercover boss. Respond faster to emails, so that we don't look like we don't care to the customers. Update the equipment!

"Management"

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time

Pros

Rewarding to help others, fun if you love fashion, no late night shifts

Cons

Pay, eligibility for benefits, corporate, mean customers, payroll, inexperienced district managers, unaccountable company, poor micro management

Advice to Management

Value your employees half as much as you do your customers. People don't work for your company as a hobby. They have responsibilities and bills to pay. Minimum wage is horrific compensation based on the job requirements. It is impossible to train and retain exceptional employees when they could go flip burgers and make the same amount of money and probably feel more appreciated. World class customer service is expected by employees while they are living in poverty and getting their hours cut and benefits taken away by a company without a conscience. Your product is clearly designed by people too old to understand what young women want. Out with the old, in with the new! Alfred Angelo needs reinvented with a youthful twist. Many members of corporate are horrible at their job but are still employed due to loyalty. The real talent doing all the work in the stores are not valued whatsoever and job security is non-existent. Nothing is kept confidential at the HR/corporate level. If you dare to complain plan on everyone knowing about it and them making up an excuse to get rid of you. You should rewatch Undercover Boss and relish in the fact that you lied about how well you treat your employees and somehow have avoided a lawsuit when all you did in that show was make empty promises while promoting the business on national tv.

"Alfred Angelo"

Pros

One nice thing was 4% commission on each sale.

Cons

I felt like a telemarketer with all the phone calls that I had to make.

6. "Sad story"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*you get to work open to close and 95% of the time with out a break too, now you don't even need to go to the gym when your off.*

Cons

Working at Alfred Angelo's wouldn't be so bad, if you didn't have to work under some one who is 65 years of age and had no management experience before in the bridal business, if any at all. My manager was over the level of stubborn, and even more negative then negative nancy is. The pay is not that great, and the computer systems are so old, I'm not lieing when I say you work on the old back and green screen. I also really hate having to over see people pushing brides to buy a dress that comes from China, late to the store, damaged 90% of the time, and in poor quality, for what the people are paying. Working open to close is something I think every one can say they have done before but with a break. NOT HERE !, get ready to work open to close with out one, and that's only because the manager is to stuck up and doest take one for her self, so that means if she can do it, you can too. (So against the law) Being the person who runs the store while your manager is away on vacation now means before she goes she goes and tell her seamstress that it will take her 2 weeks to fix everything when she comes back from vacation. At that point who even wants to try at all when shes leaving knowing your going to do an alful job. ( negative nancy) Being second in command you'd think would mean being told everything that's going on in the store, false you get to actually know nothing as your manager runs the store all by her self clearly not needed an assistant at all or her staff. Alfred Angelo's is a sad negative work place to be, and if you have to work long hours I feel that every one should get along and it be a comfortable work place. But not at this job.

Advice to Management

My advice to Alfred Angelo's is don't go on "under cover boss" and promises stuff to the stuff that you can't do nor want to do. Be aware of who your managers are in the store and take under consideration the opinions of the manager that the staff provides for you. Not every store manager is a good fit, expecially one who is negative about her staff and can't look at them as her team and just looks at them as nobodies. I realize that working for a "corporation" that every employee is just anouther number, like every where else, but then why keep poor management around that obviously wants to run the store by them selves ? This company is clearly not advancing any time soon if at all, so I defiantly will take my "word of month marketing" and tell how not great it is.

"Needs some changes but otherwise a great experience."

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, loved working with brides/parties, no drama between coworkers, learn a lot, management is nice as well as upper lever management

Cons

Work EVERY weekend which makes it hard to plan a trip/vacation, unorganized, old/outdated system, not enough hours or pay for all you have to do, wait til the dress arrives til you get commission which is under 5%

Advice to Management

Reorganize the back room. It's ridiculous. Need to go paperless and/or find a way to eliminate all the paperwork. Update from the DOS system. The online scheduling needs to be able to be approved by the store before being made. There is no reason for everyone to work every weekend. Everyone should get at least one weekend off in the 'slow' season. When things start to get 'stressful' management doesn't know how to handle it and the stylists get attitude from both ends. I enjoyed working with AA and you do learn a lot. Definitely fun making a brides dream come true!

"If it wasn't a fun job, it would have been one of the worst."

Former Employee - SYLIST
    Former Employee - SYLIST

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun job and I liked some of my co workers. Met some really wonderful brides and great bridal parties and families.

Cons

Management on all levels is terrible from the store level all the way to the top!Communication is terrible. Brides know about sales and new items before the staff?

Commission is very low and paid on the back end. Shouldn't we get it when the company gets paid? I got hired to sell and I did, so if the wedding gets cancelled, and they don't pick up the dress, I'm out? Not right!

Advice to Management

Pay a little more hourly, pay the commission on what is paid on the dress immediately, hire decent managers and the communicate with them.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal (More than 3 years)

Pros

Seeing all of the great product each year upgrade and get better

Cons

A ton of customer service issues with little help from upper management and customer service

Advice to Management

Allow the customer service team to take on more accountability in helping customers understand the special order/shipping process. Your managers are beaten down daily.....

10. "Bridal Stylist"

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Roseville, CA

Pros

Fun environment, a very interactive with customers. Gratifying to help brides find their gown. Hours are relatively good.. flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Commission is a joke.. (only 4% of sales) , minimum wage, hard work and sometimes there is no time to take breaks.

Advice to Management

There isn't much management can do with the corporate policies