Alfred Benesch & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Alfred Benesch & Company President and CEO John Carrato
John Carrato

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Benesch is a fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits. Great Company Culture. Employees are valued and it shows. Employees all take pride in producing high quality work and it makes for a positive and engaging work environment.

Cons

There are always a lot of projects going on which sometimes requires overtime. Can have some late nights from time to time.

Apr 27, 2018 – HR Team

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others!

2. "I've worked for Alfred Benesch & Company for 15 years."

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time

Pros

The company is filled with employees with families, and the flexibility for Work/Life balance is exceptional. The vision and mission at Benesch is clear and retains the legacy culture of the company.

Cons

Evening meetings...but necessary to meet the needs of clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an open door.

Apr 27, 2018 – HR Team

Thanks for giving your perspective on what it has been like being part of the Benesch family. We truly believe balance between work and play makes for a better you!

"Very solid company with talented people."

Current Employee - Marketing in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good business model, very competative pay and solid benefits.

Cons

HSA health insurance plan is only option. However, premium is low and company does provide a good amount of money to get your account going each year.

4. "Great Firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A healthy mix of large and small scale projects with varying complexity. Very friendly office environment. A great mix of young and veteran staff. The company does well at paying you based on how you perform and not by age or years experience. Very fair, honest, flexible, & transparent.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time. Turkey is a great firm.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

5. "Great to work for!"

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time

Pros

-Great benefits
    -Fair salary
    -Location
    -Management is very helpful

Cons

There are no cons for working here.

Mar 21, 2018 – HR Team

Thanks for the taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear you believe this is a great place to work for!

6. "Incredible Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At Benesch, the people genuinely care about developing an individual's career. There are so many talented people and the culture is one where those people enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise with others.

Cons

I really do not see any meaningful negatives associated with working at Benesch.

Advice to Management

Please continue to work hard to maintain the current culture as that culture is the "main ingredient" to our success.

7. "Premier Engineering Firm"

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Benesch for almost 20 years and have no regrets with starting here as a designer and working my way into management. There are many opportunities for employees to advance and the compensation and benefits are excellent. There is the ability to work on unique projects through work sharing between offices and a lot of technical resources company wide. If you have a problem you can't figure out, chances are there is someone within the company who can.

Cons

There are no major cons. Not everything is perfect, but it is pretty good and not worth complaining.

Advice to Management

Continue with the slow and steady growth. Our path has been bright the past five plus years and we need to continue that positive momentum.

8. "Reach your potential & be appreciated"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Benesch is a place that encourages you to develop as professional and never holds anyone back from reaching their potential! Exciting projects and always looking for new opportunities. Then be recognized for your contributions and accomplishments. Benesch is still growing but maintains a family culture and embraces everyone.

Cons

I have been with company for almost 20 years and have no cons that aren't different than what one may find at all firms. Be real no place is perfect.

9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is successful and growing. Employees are compensated nicely for their work and the benefits are very nice. The company has a number of programs that show they care about keeping employees happy such as a wellness, flextime, bank time and community giving program.

Cons

There is a telecommuting program, but it is not fully developed in each location - so not promoted for employees.

Advice to Management

Keep making decisions based on employee and client happiness and things should continue to be great!

10. "Company Focus on Quality"

Current Employee - Construction Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Construction Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alfred Benesch & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company-wide culture of providing quality work to clients. Company emphasizes professional development at all levels. Steady work maintained through work-sharing between groups/offices - no hire/fire mentality.

Cons

Workload reliant on industry trends.