Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nemours is a wonderful place to work, the staff caters to their patients and families. I enjoy the people I work with, I have learned a great deal from working with great talent.

Cons

This is a very competitive environment. You will have to bring your A++ game if you want to stand out. Great talent everywhere. Good for the hospital.

2. "PSR"

I have been working at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

Friendly people and love working with the children

Cons

Classes are long but I guess worth it in the end.

"Financial Counselor"

I have been working at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

Great people to work with who truly care about the children. Beautiful building and great location, close to the highway to get to PA and NJ

Cons

Poor benefits and pay. Too many leaders and not enough workers. Short staff throughout the organization and still there are cutbacks and layoffs

Advice to Management

Hire from within and promote your hard workers. Allow your staff to advance instead of keeping them contained to a certain level. Only certain people get promoted

"Highly Political Environment"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary based on experience. Fairly good nurse to patient ratios. Good use of mid-level practitioners.

Cons

Highly political environment. Small staff means management from the top down plays favorites. They are a small hospital trying to practice as a large academic center. The educational support for nurses simply isn't there.

Advice to Management

Decrease nepotism. Increase educational opportunities for staff nurses. Realize that seniority does not equal competence. Hire leaders from both inside and outside the organization.

6. "PSS agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits Were great !!' Free healthcare for your children

Cons

If your not part of their circle you feel like an outcast management very unprofessional . Wrost place I've worked for.left that place without have another job lined up ... that's how stressful that environment was .

"Could be a great place to work, but ..."

Former Employee - Travel RN in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Travel RN in Orlando, FL

I worked at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are amazing. Some of the most committed and dedicated nurses I have ever had the privilege of working alongside. The interprofessional relationships are stellar as well - the doctors actually seek out the opinions and information from the nurses, and listen to our concerns.

Cons

Management is a shambles. The interim director of the ICU engages in emotional and mental harassment of nurses. The CNO verbally berates other nurses over the telephone in a teleconference where everyone can hear. Staffing patterns are often poorly thought out, and occasionally unsafe.

Advice to Management

Hire actual critical care pediatric nurses to run your PICU. When your best people are silent, there is a serious problem and you are about to lose them.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Wilmington, DE

Pros

There is great flexibility in work scheduling available to associates, and the pay is good for your experience level. There are many opportunities to work extra hours based on hospital-wide need.

Cons

Sometimes difficult personalities make the job a little harder, but that is the case wherever one may go. Sometimes it is difficult to take vacation when you want to, based on availability.

Advice to Management

Please continue to support your people and their scheduling flexibility especially including vacation, sick and holiday scheduling requests.

9. "nice place to work"

Pros

Clean, modern, proactive, resourceful, good benefits

Cons

lots of gossip, bureaucratic,many side projects at once

"Good hospital"

I have been working at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children part-time

Pros

Great pay
    Good working conditions
    Working to help children

Cons

Budget is a mess. See News Journal article on their bad choice on building a hospital where there was no need in FL. This is part of the reason the pension was done away with.

Advice to Management

Focus on delivering great patient care and stop wasting money on consultants that do busy work that doesn't add any real value

11. "Medical Assistant"

I worked at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time

Pros

The hospital is just amazing to work for, everybody is in a good mood because they're working with children, the hospital offers competitive salary, great moral boosting events for employees, and good cafeteria food.

Cons

Hard to get off of work, short staff a lot.