Algolia Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.3
Algolia Chief Executive Officer and Board Member Bernadette Nixon (no image)
Bernadette Nixon
Pros
  • "The company cares about great people(in 7 reviews)

• "Huge focus on work/life balance which comes from the top down - working too late or on weekends is discouraged(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "some growing pains as the org is experiencing hyper growth(in 6 reviews)

• "Nothing out of the ordinary for a hyper growth startup - some disorganisation but nothing out of the ordinary(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, great people and new CEO with experience and expertise

Cons

Growing fast and going through the expected/usual growing pains

Algolia Response

Thank you for the kind words and feedback. We couldn’t agree more that our company values are a huge attraction and what makes Algolia is a great place to work! This growth stage comes with many exciting challenges, including introducing new employees into an already established culture and appropriately staffing resources to ensure execution. This quarter, Algolia launched an immersive new hire onboarding program, redesigned with our culture and values in mind. The output of this redesign is an employee base, old and new, that understands what makes us Algolians. Additionally, we have begun to build a team wholly dedicated to ensuring every Algolian is cared for. There is no denying that burnout is real, and we will continue to find ways to help employees balance work & life. We are excited to share more about our plans internally and excited to hear more of your feedback! -Kristie Rodenbush, Chief People Officer

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast paced work environment with start up mentally and great potential

May 4, 2021 - Executive Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Currently we are moving at a faster pace than ever before. I love our trajectory and am excited about whats to come. The new exec team is making a huge impact, which is obvious in the numbers. Most importantly, I love my boss and my team.

Cons

We are moving fast and sometimes the teams are moving in slightly different directions. Seems like this is slowly getting better with the roll out of our new company vision, fingers crossed that momentum continues. Covid made aligning on our values even harder but again we are moving in a better direction.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Fast Growing Company with a Bright Future

Apr 9, 2021 - Director of Program Management in Santa Fe, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Algolia is growing exponentially and is looking for top notch professionals to join the team. There is a strong culture of mutual respect, radical candor and team effort that creates a strong foundation from which all employees can grow. The level of talent and passion found throughout the organization is astounding.

Cons

Like most fast growing companies, there are pains that come with stretching and building new "muscles" but for those that thrive and enjoy collaborating on the big picture, this is the place to be.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Perfectly poised for the next wave of software (Microservice APIs)

Mar 24, 2021 - Account Executive Mid-Market in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Huge organizational alignment around headless commerce and microservice-based approach (usage based pricing, great dev tools, strong tech offering) - Strong exec team who just hit their stride, new cast of top-level execs hired over the last year have driven a huge amount of organizational improvement and strategic direction -Great existing sales team, super helpful, strong performers -Wide market and big opportunity -Real case studies - clients actually benefit immensely from the product

Cons

Standard hypergrowth pains that come with momentum and growing up, but most importantly the exec team is well aligned, communicative, and they care about solving problems (and do, quickly!)

5. 5.0

New hire

Mar 24, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is already a difficult task to onboard someone onto a company, but it is even harder in the middle of a pandemic. My experience with the team has been nothing short of amazing. Everyone has been incredibly helpful and has made sure I am set up for success in my new role.

Cons

None at all. Go and apply now!

6. 5.0

Hard Work Pays Off

Mar 2, 2021 - Revenue Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The company truly cares about the growth of individuals - There is MASSIVE room for growth - Fair pay, benefits, generous WFH stipend, swag, company mental health days

Cons

- The company is launching into hyper growth, those who can't keep up will get left behind - Sales leadership not always aligned

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0

Along for the ride

Mar 24, 2021 - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring colleagues, exciting roadmap, lofty goals, amazing product

Cons

Plane being built in midair, tenuous support from management, success/growth opportunities questionable at best

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Dec 30, 2020 - Revenue Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

Terrific leadership with a solid vision.

Cons

The go to market strategy used to be a little unclear but they are doing a good job at narrowing in on this and making it easier to sell our products.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Join at your own risk

Feb 27, 2021 - BDR
      Business Outlook

Pros

remote work environment company provided cell phone

Cons

the company culture is toxic

4 people found this review helpful

Algolia Response

It's unfortunate to see you found the culture to be toxic and left in less than a year. We have a new CEO, exec team and have had some stellar growth & recognition lately. If you'd like to reach out to me to give me more context on your concerns, I would very much like to hear it. Either way, I wish you luck in your future ventures. -Kristie Rodenbush, Chief People Officer.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent company with questionable market

Feb 8, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, good working environment

Cons

Very difficult to get market share so company not in hyper growth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Reviews