89% would recommend to a friend
(66 total reviews)
94% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Senior leadership would also determine someone incapable of something because of something they read or heard about Google or Apple doing better than Alianza." (in 5 reviews)
- "Management wants to hire a more diverse work force but that can be very difficult in Lindon, Utah." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Alianza and is not affected by filters.
Found 66 of over 77 reviews
Updated Nov 1, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Aug 14, 2023LNP AgentCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPleasant Grove, UT
They take great care of their employees and have a great culture.
Not anything applies, they are great.
- 4.0Oct 4, 2023Tier III Technical Support EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Starting pay is greater than 70k annually, team-member comradery, learning new products.
No remote work options for for support,
- 5.0May 31, 2023Corporate ControllerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPleasant Grove, UT
Alianza's leadership has outlined leadership values that they refer to in nearly every meeting. It keeps teams' vision and purpose aligned and creates a great culture of ownership, trust, humility, and collaboration. Leaders (up to the CEO) are willing to take time to meet and listen to feedback, and humble enough to apply what is discussed.
Alianza had been a small start up for over 10 years and is now starting "hockey stick" in growth and opportunity. With this comes growing pains in outgrowing processes, policies, etc. The company seems to be taking it in stride and working hard to keep up, but this growth may cause some headaches/roadblocks to overcome.
- 5.0Jul 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great culture and values, great benefits, great people, and a great mission.
Nothing comes to mind now and I don't expect anything to.
- 5.0May 5, 2023Technical WriterCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPleasant Grove, UT
I started with Alianza just one week ago. Thus far, I've been extremely impressed with the culture and environment. The people are great, the office space is fantastic, and the benefits are unmatched. I feel very fortunate to be part of this wonderful company.
I've yet to see any cons with Alianza!
- 1.0Aug 11, 2022EngineeringCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPleasant Grove, UT
- Really nice office -Stocked snacks - Places to have group collaboration - Some nice people to work with
- Unhealthy culture in engineering - Very male focused making it difficult for women and people of different races/back grounds to be heard or respected - Top leader cares more about how his image is vs connecting to anyone that isn't like him. - Same stories constantly how great the company is, how we should be writing 5 star glass door reviews, how Alianza is somehow going to become the next big thing, when they really haven't become that next big thing in the 15 years they have been around. - Not really bringing enough speed and focus to being current with market trends and instead working on getting the platform to what everyone else had 5 years ago. - Pay raises are odd. It really feels more like if you are a certain gender and certain color then you will get a very big raise. If you are of another gender it is less. Very bias based and not performance base. - A lot of Us Vs Them mindset between departments. Engineering and Sales are the top groups in the company, then Support is looked at as replaceable and does not have a voice in the company.4Alianza Response9mo
I am sorry that you have not had a great experience at Alianza. I am deeply concerned about your impression that it is hard for women and people of different races to be heard or respected in engineering, especially since over 30% of our engineers fall into these two categories. Please know that I am open to listening and learning about your specific experience and striving to improve it. We currently have three women on our leadership team. We all have worked hard to make Alianza a place where all team members can confidently and safely provide feedback and trust that management cares deeply about their experience and will make changes where needed. I hope that you will give us a chance to do this for you.
- 5.0Mar 9, 2023Team LeadCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPleasant Grove, UT
Everyone here was friendly and welcoming. My fist day, as is normal, was spent setting up my equipment and software, and completing HR forms and signing up for benefits.
I haven't found any cons thus far.1
- 5.0Dec 20, 2022Sr Director Product ManagementCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
After being in the industry for more than 25+ years, and joined many teams big, and small Alianza has been the best so far hands down. The Alianza awesome experience started the moment I showed interest in the position, throughout the hiring, onboarding process, and to date.
Not applicable, nothing is perfect sure, but so far I can not think of anything.1
Alianza Reviews FAQs
Alianza has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 77 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Alianza to a friend and 90% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.
89% of Alianza employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Alianza 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.