Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) Reviews | Glassdoor

Gary Conrad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Inside Sales"

I have been working at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time

Pros

Great team on the sales floor. Supervisor is easy to get a long with and is very knowledgeable about the job. This place has lots of room for growth.

Cons

Some reps get very little recognition for going above and beyond the call of duty.

Advice to Management

Reward reps more often.

2. "VP, Procurement"

I worked at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time

Pros

Opportunities for future sales growth

Cons

Not being to able to leverage spends

3. "Supply Chain Manager / Demand Planning"

I have been working at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great atmosphere and great people.

Cons

There aren't many downsides i can think of.

4. "Supply Chain"

Former Employee - Senior Buyer
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer

I worked at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time

Pros

Great location in California and easy to access. Easy to get a promotion if you work hard and show up on time

Cons

There are a lot of favorites you can't get the managers mad at you.

"Dysfunction Reigns Supreme!"

Current Employee - Sales in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) (More than a year)

Pros

If you're lazy, unmotivated and looking for a place to hide, come to Align Aerospace, you will be rewarded with a lifetime job with little oversight, accountability or workload.

I once knew a guy who worked at a company I used to work at, he'd get in the office every day around 6:30am (his wife probably had it in the marriage contract that he couldn't be in the house after 6am Mon-Fri) and for that early bird habit he was rewarded with 16 years (and counting I'm sure) of steady employment with a nice, upper middle class wage. That was his only contribution to the organization, that he unlocked the door. Once he got into the building he would hide out in his office and crank up the sports radio and proceeded to read the newspaper cover to cover (and take a smoke break out back every 20 min or so). That was it, no work, no measurable contribution to the org whatsoever, but he was revered because he came in everyday at 6:30am.

Align Aerospace is FULL of people like that...lazy, not interested in learning new skills, not bright. Don't get me wrong, there used to be smart people here, but no more, they left, they saw the hand-writing on the wall. It's now a bunch of dysfunctional office workers right out of the hit tv show "Office".

Example: the head of HR was "let go" recently due to a boatload of unethical behavior upper mgmt. discovered (she was a train-wreck aside from all the under-the-table type stuff she was doing). Her reward as she was given the boot? A nice severance package. Unbelievable.

Another example: the GM is having an affair with not one but two employees, which he manages (and also manages to keep them on opposite ends of the building!). And it's common knowledge throughout the org!

Another example: we decided we were going to save a few dollars as an org and produce our own video, a little 2-3 min video clip of "who Align is" and post it on our website. Well if we had hired a professional org to produce it for us it would have cost us about $10-$20K. Instead, far too many over-paid employees and their managers took up the cause, spent weeks on the project, and the end result was it was a cheesy vid that looked like it was made by a bunch of high schoolers. Untold hours were spent on this video, people who should have been doing their real jobs were running around like circus monkeys and not focusing on their day to day duties/tasks/activities. Pure dysfunction. I could go on and on, but why bother. At this point I too have become part of the problem, I'm unmotivated and am looking to move on (who wants to be the last rat on a sinking ship?!) and so I too am officially a tick on the corporate buttocks like all the others. Soon the Chinese will clean house I would imagine, and I don't want to be part of the mass exodus from the Chatsworth location sure to follow.

Cons

Please don't get me started.

Advice to Management

Update your resumes and start expanding your network of recruiters.

"Bad management. Self made master attitude."

Former Employee - Logistics in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Logistics in Chatsworth, CA

Pros

8 hours per day only.a

Cons

Get team works to get you in trouble.
    Uper management won't understand nor have time for you.

Advice to Management

Anixter should take the power back or at least take some advice from them. Fire current lazy Logistics management. Need more resources than all eggs in 1 basket.

"employee trust"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Pros

Most of the employees are experienced making it a nice place to work and learn

Cons

senior management controls every business decision rather than allow middle management to do their jobs.

8. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Sales Support in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Arlington, TX

I worked at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When Anixter had the company it was really good. After it sold and changed hands it all went downhill fast! Had great training, great coworkers.

Cons

New owners, management do not care about employees or customers. Its all about money all the time.

Advice to Management

You lost many valuable, knowledgeable employees

9. "No stability"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Family life flexible bonus invective if u meet numbers no guranteed

Cons

Unstable company management needs more mprovement

Advice to Management

Bring good temp employees on board

10. "Operations"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) (More than a year)

Pros

Professional co-workers and managers. Good work life balance. Lots of change mangement

Cons

Whole company was in flux