Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Supply Chain"

Former Employee - Senior Buyer
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer

I worked at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time

Pros

Great location in California and easy to access. Easy to get a promotion if you work hard and show up on time

Cons

There are a lot of favorites you can't get the managers mad at you.

"Dysfunction Reigns Supreme!"

Current Employee - Sales in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) (More than a year)

Pros

If you're lazy, unmotivated and looking for a place to hide, come to Align Aerospace, you will be rewarded with a lifetime job with little oversight, accountability or workload.

I once knew a guy who worked at a company I used to work at, he'd get in the office every day around 6:30am (his wife probably had it in the marriage contract that he couldn't be in the house after 6am Mon-Fri) and for that early bird habit he was rewarded with 16 years (and counting I'm sure) of steady employment with a nice, upper middle class wage. That was his only contribution to the organization, that he unlocked the door. Once he got into the building he would hide out in his office and crank up the sports radio and proceeded to read the newspaper cover to cover (and take a smoke break out back every 20 min or so). That was it, no work, no measurable contribution to the org whatsoever, but he was revered because he came in everyday at 6:30am.

Align Aerospace is FULL of people like that...lazy, not interested in learning new skills, not bright. Don't get me wrong, there used to be smart people here, but no more, they left, they saw the hand-writing on the wall. It's now a bunch of dysfunctional office workers right out of the hit tv show "Office".

Example: the head of HR was "let go" recently due to a boatload of unethical behavior upper mgmt. discovered (she was a train-wreck aside from all the under-the-table type stuff she was doing). Her reward as she was given the boot? A nice severance package. Unbelievable.

Another example: the GM is having an affair with not one but two employees, which he manages (and also manages to keep them on opposite ends of the building!). And it's common knowledge throughout the org!

Another example: we decided we were going to save a few dollars as an org and produce our own video, a little 2-3 min video clip of "who Align is" and post it on our website. Well if we had hired a professional org to produce it for us it would have cost us about $10-$20K. Instead, far too many over-paid employees and their managers took up the cause, spent weeks on the project, and the end result was it was a cheesy vid that looked like it was made by a bunch of high schoolers. Untold hours were spent on this video, people who should have been doing their real jobs were running around like circus monkeys and not focusing on their day to day duties/tasks/activities. Pure dysfunction. I could go on and on, but why bother. At this point I too have become part of the problem, I'm unmotivated and am looking to move on (who wants to be the last rat on a sinking ship?!) and so I too am officially a tick on the corporate buttocks like all the others. Soon the Chinese will clean house I would imagine, and I don't want to be part of the mass exodus from the Chatsworth location sure to follow.

Cons

Please don't get me started.

Advice to Management

Update your resumes and start expanding your network of recruiters.

"Bad management. Self made master attitude."

Former Employee - Logistics in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Logistics in Chatsworth, CA

Pros

8 hours per day only.a

Cons

Get team works to get you in trouble.
    Uper management won't understand nor have time for you.

Advice to Management

Anixter should take the power back or at least take some advice from them. Fire current lazy Logistics management. Need more resources than all eggs in 1 basket.

"employee trust"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

Pros

Most of the employees are experienced making it a nice place to work and learn

Cons

senior management controls every business decision rather than allow middle management to do their jobs.

6. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Sales Support in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Arlington, TX

I worked at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When Anixter had the company it was really good. After it sold and changed hands it all went downhill fast! Had great training, great coworkers.

Cons

New owners, management do not care about employees or customers. Its all about money all the time.

Advice to Management

You lost many valuable, knowledgeable employees

7. "No stability"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Family life flexible bonus invective if u meet numbers no guranteed

Cons

Unstable company management needs more mprovement

Advice to Management

Bring good temp employees on board

8. "Operations"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) (More than a year)

Pros

Professional co-workers and managers. Good work life balance. Lots of change mangement

Cons

Whole company was in flux

Advice to Management

"Warehouse: rude managers, no communication"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Lots of overtime, Good pay, Good training

Cons

No communication
    Short breaks
    Rude manager staff
    Total disregard
    No flexibility

Advice to Management

Be more aware of how you treat employees...They are human too

"Growing pains for the company and poor leadership in finance"

Current Employee - Finance
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Align Aerospace (formerly Anixter Pentacon) full-time

Pros

The people who work here are generally pleasant and ownership (Greenbriar) is competent. The CEO is a good leader.

Cons

The CFO is a very poor leader and run around with like a chicken with his head cut off which negatively affects his subordinates. The company has retained legacy employees who are marginally competent.

Advice to Management

Consider changing the leadership in finance and flush out employees who are not contributing.

11. "Good Stable company that doesnt pay attention to their employee's."

Current Employee - Customer Service Sales Support
    Current Employee - Customer Service Sales Support

Pros

If you need some personal time off, a day, a couple hours, they are great working with you. Two weeks paid vaca first year + a couple of days before that year comes. Comfortable work area, can talk to employees without feeling like someone is watching but still have to do work of course. Can decorate your work area. Pay is pretty competitive depending on what you ask for.

Cons

No personal relationship between management and employees for example Boss: "How was your weekend?" Employee: "oh it was great I had a good time at the beach on saturday with my friends and Sunday I went to church, cleaned the yard, and relaxed, how about yourself?" Boss: "Oh it was good" Employee: "Oh yea what did you do?" Boss: "nothing, just hung out"... thats and every week thing.

We're staring at computers all day and there is no vision coverage , Sales team - sometimes its hard for them to go to lunch or on a break. Alot of us smoke... pretty obvious. Although I mentioned you dont feel like someone is watching, if the boss passes you twice and saw you doing something other than work,they make sure your doing something the second time around.

Advice to Management

Refrigerator is horrible, many employee's have foot massagers, radio ( low volume), mini waterfalls but I cannot have a mini fridge? Employee's have stolen my lunch from the breakroom fridge and causes me to spend more by going out everyday. Ive contacted the my boss then the Vice president on this... no response. Bonuses, being in Sales I hardly see a bonus. I know people in purchasing that receives bonuses every month. We are the one's obtaining the orders, purchasing just purchases them. Also some people in Sales get bonuses and hardly do any work, some of us work harder and dont ever see a bonus.