Align Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
James Dooling

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Tech"

Pros

Great place to work and learn

Cons

need more budget for IT Training

"Short-Term Career"

I have been working at Align Communications full-time

Pros

Great health benefits for the size of the company

Cons

No future or lack of a healthy career at Align. Management will sell you on great opportunities with their extensive client portfolio (past clients) and bonus incentives. They may also give you the we "work hard play hard" spiel. Raises and other financial incentives are given in excuses, what I've heard from former and current employees. You will be asked to participate in giving company positive reviews, for example Great Place To Work ratings or sit in for client visits to increase employee visibility in a specific group.

"My Align Experience"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Align Communications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, good management and a friendly environment to work in. I spent most of my professional life at Align and learned a great deal from the managers I worked for. I'll always be thankful for the opportunity and the knowledge they passed down to me.

Cons

To strict with the working from home policy.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.

"Do not waste your time"

I worked at Align Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for the unskilled or anyone looking to get their foot into the IT field.

Cons

Not a place you want to thrive or build a career on. The company is a big revolving door and they know it. Management is instructed to get you in the door with low pay and future opportunities. Once you are an employee they will say all the right things to keep you motivated. A year goes by then you realize it was all talk and only a process to keep you as long as they can to turn a profit. Once you had enough and leave, they move onto another candidate. The truth behind why a static company like Align is constantly posting job opportunities.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting people’s value time. Change or at least be honest.

"Great Valuable Experience!"

I worked at Align Communications full-time

Pros

Align is full of great supportive people (present & past) and I cannot stress that enough. The caliber of people is really impressive - you want to be around colleagues that inspire you and make coming to work enjoyable - you will find that at Align. The culture is great - they try their best to make it fun and value added for everyone and are very mindful of keeping a good work/life balance. They have health initiatives and wellness fairs and try to socially engage everyone as well. Upper management is comprised of very smart individuals - you can learn a lot from. I think the benefits are excellent and it is rare you will find benefits as such in any industry/company. The CEO is very engaging, really cares about the firm and it's direction, and is very motivating which brings positivity to the environment.

Cons

Sometimes too many lengthy processes
    Communication internally btw groups isn't always direct.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and moving forward!

"Great learning environment with huge potential"

I worked at Align Communications full-time

Pros

Work hard and be rewarded - entrepreneurs will do well. Most team members are subject matter experts, and there is a strong focus on enriching that base. Client spectrum is transitioning from financial services to a more broad portfolio, although certain staffers are siloed in their focus on specific vertical markets and technologies instead of exercising the firm's strengths.

Cons

Niche service market means every performance must be perfect - always bring your A game, no room for slackers or days off.

Oct 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your time with Align!

"Bitter sweet!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Align Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with some really great people. Compensation and benefits are very competitive.

Cons

Managers are very profit driven. Multiple lines of businesses are not fully integrated to allow for optimal communications and maximum efficiency. Decisions are usually either done in haste with no thought given or not done at all thereby delaying improvement to company processes. Certain internal processes and applications are outdated and needs upgrading or replacement.

Oct 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Communication is very important to us! Align has experienced a lot of very positive change in the past 24 months and we've hired great new managers. We continue to invest... More

"Good for College Grad, then move on"

I have been working at Align Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will work with good, nice, smart people.

Cons

It's a rotating door. People come and they go. There is an equal amount of firing to quitting. You never feel safe, no job security.

Oct 1, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We really do try our best to bring on great talent and we are glad you recognized that! Align has an entrepreneurial culture that is not always a fit for all... More

"Amazing Culture For Any Entrepenuer!"

Current Employee - Product Support/Vendor Management
    Current Employee - Product Support/Vendor Management

I have been working at Align Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company for anyone who enjoys working hard with great smart people. No obstacle is too big with an Aligner! The leadership team recognizes and rewards contributors. After years of working for very large OEM's I welcome the unlimited possibilities that Align offers. I look forward to many great years with such a world class company.

Cons

Would like to see a matching 401k. The benefits as a whole are extremely competitive with any large corporation. NOTE: Since this post matching 401k was added to the benefits package!

Advice to Management

Keep the small business culture feel as we continue to grow in years to come!

May 2, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

A note from our CEO:
    We appreciate the feedback from both current and former Align professionals. We work hard to foster a culture that balances the need to get the job done, with a fun... More

"Dysfunctional Company"

I have been working at Align Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with a few great folks as they cycle in and out of the company.

Cons

Service Desk management is out of touch with employees. Micromanages, shows little respect towards staff, only pleasant to deal with when you're needed to work off-hours. Toxic work environment. No room for growth. The company as a whole is no different. Upper management and CEO continues to fabricate and exaggerate successes. Employees who have been praised for their dedication and hard work continues to leave the firm. Promise raises and bonus potential that never comes to fruition.

Advice to Management

Company doesn't offer much except for decent salary. Upper management needs a wakeup call and drop the "How have you made the company better?" lectures, instead turn your focus on why would anyone want to have a long and serious career at Align.

Apr 14, 2016 – Human Resources Coordinator

We appreciate your candid feedback. We love all the folks that cross paths with us as well! We are sorry to hear of your experience. Have you connected with a Resource Manager or other venues to... More