KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

New

Jul 16, 2021 - Healthcare Administrator in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not sure yet as i'm new

Cons

communication, lack of growth, no benefits

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good Company, Good Leadership and Great Product

Jun 16, 2021 - Business Analyst in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Intense and crucial work that can help to move the needle in Healthcare tech. 2. Very good Team. 3. Very good Leadership, approachable and data driven 4. Management can embrace new thought processes and ideas very quickly. 5. Good Product, with the right vision, it can become a giant in healthcare. 6. Very punctual, and purpose driven meetings and discussions. 7. Flexible work timings

Cons

1. Less Pressure at work. No other cons as of now

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company unified by a mission

Jan 18, 2021 - Product Management in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

AliveCor's mission is to leverage the power of intelligent data to improve access to heart care. There's an enormous opportunity to improve lives of hundreds of millions worldwide; cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of mortality in the world (31%) and nearly half of Americans have some form of cardiovascular disease. The mission to leverage modern data science to improve this condition is what draws people to AliveCor. We are an experienced team of engineers, scientists, product managers, doctors, and sales and marketing professionals aligned on a common vision to democratize cardiology care.. This is what makes it exciting to be here---it's not just about making great products or making big profits. It's about making a healthier world.

Cons

Too many opportunities can tempt distraction.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, phenomenal product

Dec 17, 2020 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. The product is a legitimate, clinically validated, AI driven medical device. AliveCor is the definite leader in the mobile EKG market and their AI-driven algorithms are top notch - they are way ahead (algorithm and regulatory -wise) of the competition. 2. Smart, conscientious employees who are collaborative and driven by the belief that their product can save and improve lives. 3. Small enough company to stay flexible on projects and to provide each employee a larger scope of responsibility. Also small enough that everyone knows each other and whole company happy hours are common. 4. Transparent leadership team that provides updates to the entire company on a weekly basis. Employees are also empowered to ask direct questions or reach out to management.

Cons

1. Need better strategic planning and cross functional alignment for product pipeline so we don't have multiple, competing projects/goals at the same time. 2. Acceptance/understanding that the company is producing a "medical device" and must comply to this industry's regulations and standards is mostly true, but there are a few folks who still think/act like we are a consumer software company which can be counterproductive and frustrating. 3. The new CEO has brought in or promoted good, experienced leaders to lead key functions. A few teams could benefit from more experienced leaders who could implement larger company procedures and not just rely on the "this is how we have always done it" fall back.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

We've Got A Good Thing Going

Oct 16, 2020 - Other in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's different here than all the personal ECG "me too" type companies. Small enough to change directions, big enough to afford to do it. Company is generous to employees.

Cons

We change directions a lot and usually have too many projects going on at once. If we slowed down a little, we could go faster - if that makes sense.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great mission and product

Jan 19, 2019 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work being done is innovative and impactful.

Cons

I left during a time of turbulence on the executive team, but it seems to have calmed down since then.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Product

Mar 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative Product, Brilliant Founder, Product Makes an impact, Company is high profile

Cons

Pace of development can be slow at medical companies. The occasional politics / nepotism / and people playing favourites.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love working at AliveCor

Nov 29, 2017 - Chief of Staff in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at AliveCor. I have been here almost 6 years and am super proud of the difference we have made in the medical / mobile space. It hasn't been easy and it took a while to find the right leadership team to take AliveCor where is was meant to go, but we did it and AliveCor is truly a meaningful company helping people manage their heart health. Our product, Kardia, is an easy way to detect atrial fibrillation so you can live your life with confidence. As our CEO, Vic Gundotra would say, by harnessing the power of artificial intelligence, we’re advancing the practice of medicine for doctors and society. And we’re just getting warmed up!

Cons

Moving the needle in healthcare takes time. Understanding the everyday challenges and barriers in the healthcare space is a slow process. Precision is critical as you are not creating a simple app, you are dealing with real people with real medical situations. If you are looking for an overnight success, this is not the space for you.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Engineer

Jul 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team. Positive atmosphere. Start-up environment.

Cons

Some challenges with leadership and funding.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, great product and great team

Aug 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good environment - Good culture; brings all the employees on a common platform - Benefits are great for a startup - Work/Life balance is great

Cons

Haven't seen any yet. I will update my post if I find about something.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews