Alkermes Reviews | Glassdoor

Alkermes Chairman, President, and CEO Richard F. Pops
Richard F. Pops

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There is room for growth but it almost seems like there is a high turnover rate (in 3 reviews)

• Middle management has a lack of respect for employees and does not provide clear objectives or clear strategies to meet performance goals (in 3 reviews)

"The workplace that you've always wanted to be at."

Current Employee - IT in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - IT in Wilmington, OH

Pros

The company has a lot of respect for their workers in general. You are treated very fairly, and they make it so that you are happy to get up and go to work in the mornings. Good co-workers, pleasant work atmosphere. We have managers that actually take the time to get out and work with and for you. You can guarantee that you have good represenation as to your wants, needs, and expectations as they make their way up to the senior management level. You can actually enjoy your job and do a good job that is helping make a difference in a lot of peoples lives.

Cons

If I find any downsides, I'll be sure to post them. In general, there aren't any real downsides as I see them. There is always that person or two that you wish you didn't have to work with as they have no people skills, but you do your time and deal with these people the best way you can. It isn't too hard keeping a smile on your face as you know you'll soon be done. You could consider the location of the company a downside for a lot of employee's, as there are quite a few that make quite a long drive to just work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I know there have been rocky times, but I see you leading us to a bright future.

"Good place to grow strong impact on helping me develop."

Former Employee - Mechanic in Wilmington, OH
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Wilmington, OH

Pros

Great Benefits
    Good Pay
    Good People

Cons

Micro Managing
    Very Demanding
    Long Drive

"IT Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Small co
    Great leadership
    Lotsa fun perks
    Volunteering in community days.

Cons

Some lack of direction of business units made supporting their IT needs difficult.

"Great Experience, just waiting to be a full-time employee."

Pros

Beautiful work environment, great co-workers, and excellent benefits.

Cons

Company is hesitant to hire someone without the necessary experience, although they are over qualified.

Advice to Management

Just a little more chance for advancement and pay raises for younger workers who deserve it.

5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate

I have been working at Alkermes (More than a year)

Pros

great environment, great people with alot of room for self improvement. You can work hard and climb the ladder in no time.

Cons

networking is a must, if you play the game you will succeed.

Advice to Management

none

"Working at Alkermes is winning the science jackpot"

Current Employee - Director in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alkermes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Premiere pipeline that matters to every aspect of society: mental health, addiction, depression, etc.... As a scientist, having the opportunity to interact directly with the patients we work for is life changing and the science is beyond fun. With our continued success, I believe that we will someday look back and realize that what this relatively small organization accomplished was unprecedented in Pharma. If your motivation equation is heavily weighted towards people, pipeline and purpose, this will be the ride of a lifetime!

Cons

If you don't enjoy organized chaos, Alkermes may be a tough place to work. Like every organization in the world, there are pockets of people that do not perform to a high standard and perhaps there are pockets where mediocrity is tolerated. Our goal at Alkermes is to have high turnover in these areas and for 6 years I have seen Alkermes put in the effort to make progress, albeit more slow than some may like but ALWAYS with the desire to do the right thing.

Advice to Management

As the organization and the pipeline grows, our management will have to more actively prioritize our pipeline. In other words, balance the portfolio of projects which are seemingly all in the important and urgent bucket.

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Engineer I in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer I in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alkermes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company culture, big company stability

Cons

sometimes rushed research and development timelines

8. "Great place to work"

Pros

Family oriented and well staffed. Great organization and has a bright future.

Cons

It is a bit of a drive to work

Advice to Management

None

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Alkermes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been in the industry for over 20 years, worked for 6 different companies, and this is like heaven. I am empowered to do a lot of things my way. People are nice and focus on work rather than politic.

Cons

There appears to be too many layers of management, especially for a small company. More people should be hired to the actual work.

Advice to Management

Hire more workers and less managers.

"Outstanding"

I have been working at Alkermes full-time

Pros

Alkermes is a tremendous company to work for. The company offers a great corporate culture with a patient focused mission that is evident throughout the organization. The work environment offers a high level of autonomy and cross-functional collaboration.

Cons

No negatives to report. The company is currently marketing products focused on the treatment of Addiction and Mental Health. This is work that can often drive a high level of satisfaction/reward that can result in strain on work/life balance.