All Covered Reviews | Glassdoor

All Covered Reviews

Updated August 24, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Financial backup from Konica Minolta (in 15 reviews)

• Good work/life balance if you work at their remote help desk (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Some growth pains exist along with integration with Konica Minolta can be challenging, but as a parent company goes, they are the best (in 8 reviews)

• Upper Management was not supportive to your growth they are worried you will outperform them (in 7 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

I have been working at All Covered full-time

Pros

Pay was ok after about a year. Starting pay was very low for experience.

Cons

Houston Management was fickle, they praise you long as you make them money by up charging the client and doing the minimum.

Advice to Management

Be fair, stop picking favorites.

2. "Would not recommend"

I have been working at All Covered full-time

Pros

Work life balance is possible

Cons

Very poor management, disorganized management

Advice to Management

Start over

"Decent job but needs improvement"

Pros

Location is great. Base is decent. Benefits are reasonable. If you do your job, you can come in whenever you need. Learning about different client verticals is interesting.

Cons

Staff seems miserable. Long meetings for no reason. Late hours. Most of the time you take your laptop home. Account management is inside sales but nobody wants to call it that because they don't want to pay commissions. Cheap company.

Advice to Management

Change the energy around, staff is miserable. And give incentive or bonuses to your employees who exceed expectations without excuses

"Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at All Covered full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great people from a peer standpoint. Management lost all concept of how to run a business ears ago

Cons

terrible management, poor compensation and benefits

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like numbers. The rest of the industry has surpassed your model. Getting bigger by acquiring companies does not mean that a company is actually growing, you need quality before quantity

5. "Interesting Experience"

I worked at All Covered full-time

Pros

First experience working for large multinational conglomerate. Interesting...

Cons

Learned many things, most of which will go down as "what not to do as an MSP".

"Think Before You Apply!"

Current Employee - RSC LVL I Engineer
    Current Employee - RSC LVL I Engineer

I have been working at All Covered full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Surprisingly there are some pros about working at All Covered. You definitely learn a great deal. Thanks to a coworker, not management, for telling me, they expense $75 toward your cell phone. If you're interested in getting any type of certification, the training department listens and will easily oblige.

Cons

There are many things that are not right here, that certainly need some addressing. I've heard of office politics, but this takes the cake. Being a level 1, we are required to answer the phones and address tickets. I have absolutely not problem with that. What I do have a problem with is when I am handling a ticket, and assisting another customer, and management are hounding me to go available. I'm in the process of helping a customer, so I can't be available right then. It's not like I'm browsing on facebook ignoring the customer, I'm actually helping a customer, which is why I'm unavailable to begin with. Also, the management play favorites, and have their select few favorites in the office. Here is a perfect example of what I mean, on a very busy day, the phones were ringing non-stop. The level ones were short staff, so 4, including me, were logged in to the phone system. We were all on the phone with an incoming call, and 4 level twos were logged in but marked as "Working on task." The phone queue was backed up with about 4 calls, so the level twos should have gone available to help out, but instead management reach out and tell the level ones to be available because having calls backed up is not good. At that exact moment, what should have been said was Level two staff, please go available and pick up the calls in the queue while the level ones are currently on calls. Instead we, the level ones got blasted with that email from management, when about a half hour later the manager and 3 other workers (level 2 and 3 staff) went out for lunch for over an hour. How is that fair to us? Especially when we can only get a half hour and not go to lunch together. Has to be one by one. There are just so many things wrong with that picture.

Advice to Management

Stop playing the politic game, and know that having favorites in the office can worsen the morale at the office. Also stop thinking about us as a number and more as a person. We have feelings and lives, so be mindful of that.

"Mean spirited"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at All Covered full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many pros to report. You need to understand it's just a job. The benefits like a HSA are good. Pay is lower than industry standard and comp plans don't make sense.

Cons

I have found that many of the people who work here are not honest or authentic but selfish and judgmental. They try to promote "open and honest" yet internally are very exclusive and mean-spirited.

Advice to Management

You hire people for their strengths but don't reveal the truth about the negative aspects to employees or customers. Sadly, you don't listen to new ideas and are stuck in the past with outdated technology you think will be 'good enough'. You will never evolve and the environment is toxic so that's why you can't keep good employees (or customers) and have to rely on old employees who wouldn't be able to get a job elsewhere. That includes management.

"OK"

Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Service Desk Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at All Covered full-time

Pros

Client was nice
    Office is nice

Cons

Service Desk pay doesn't match the cost of living.

They tell you that you need certs to advanced but half of their L1 Techs have no certs or a related it degree. Its certs over related degrees here.Thus you have a large handful of incompetent people lacking IT degrees who make 10k more than you do a year all due to a silly piece of paper from Comptia.

Forced to work (full staffed) on Federal holidays. Yes you get overtime time pay and holiday pay but its forced overtime pay.

Advice to Management

Better pay for your Service Desk. Just because they only have one client doesnt mean they dont deserve better pay

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I worked at All Covered full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people (peers, co-workers) are great.

Cons

No training, no advancement, no bonus', no regular company sponsored gatherings. All of this they used to have - not anymore.

Advice to Management

Very top heavy. Too many managers, all of which don't know how to treat people. All should re-educated on how to work with their greatest asset - their people. Generally no support from this group.

"Frustrated ITSC"

Former Employee - Senior ITSC in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior ITSC in New York, NY

I worked at All Covered full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KMBS bought All Covered.

Cons

KMBS trying to run a MSP provider like a copier company. All Covered management hires bad directors with no industry experience and expects success. Cannot imagine being in the number 1 marketplace in the country and not having any success. Management continues to churn through talented people because they are not being accountable for bad results.

Advice to Management

Understand the MSP business is not like the copier business and All Covered managers and directors accountable.