Allant Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allant Group CEO Gaurav Issar
Gaurav Issar

Pros
Cons
  • Largely unqualified and ineffective senior management has destroyed much of what (in 4 reviews)

• Chaotic and job security problems (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Future outlook is strong"

Current Employee - IT Department in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - IT Department in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Allant Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great name recognition, great product and service offerings, and a strong, loyal client base. Additionally, we have a very passionate workforce, loyal to the company and its new direction. There are multiple opportunities within the company for career growth and advancement.

Cons

We are very much in the early phases of this turn-around. Because of that, there will be some unanticipated challenges to overcome in the months ahead.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage with employees; keep your finger on the pulse of the people in the trenches. Work together as a senior leadership team, not in silos.

Aug 10, 2016 – CEO

Great advice! We look forward to keeping up the engagement with all employees throughout the organization. Team work and collaboration are two important aspects of our culture going forward at all ... More

2. "Marketing/Sales"

I have been working at Allant Group full-time

Pros

Everyone collaborates to get to a common goal. The people here are the best and work really hard. Workout facility is a plus, fun atmosphere to come to everyday..

Cons

Pop a shot but no Foosball table

3. "Excellent place to work, learn, and explore."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Allant Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ample of learning opportunities, Good work-life balance, freedom to try something new, sense a positive vibe at all times, helpful and approachable management.

Cons

Slightly low compensation compared to the market.

5. "Campaign Applications Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Allant Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people/management. Good atmosphere - not chaotic. Casual dress. Some opportunity for advancement. On-site fitness center. Underground parking garage. In my position, was able to work from home, when needed.

Cons

Under new ownership, company is struggling, thus, my unemployment. Other than that, this was a good place to work. Very few career opportunities at this time.

Advice to Management

None. New owners are hands-on and experienced in this space. If they keep doing what they're doing, they should succeed.

6. "Great place to work"

Pros

Great place to work. The team works very well with each other and great morale within the organization.

Cons

There are no cons at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to show the support.

7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Allant Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule, transparent management, a lot more effort put into employee development recently

Cons

The company has gone through a very rough period the last few years, so employees are always nervous about the financial outlook of the company. With the change in ownership, the new management is trying very hard to reassure employees that times have changed. In addition, there's not much social interaction after work compared to other companies. The company is located in the far suburbs of Chicago, so it is quite isolated from big social events, such as those found in the Loop.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employee development and being transparent

Sep 7, 2016 – CEO

I am hopeful our actions over the last 7 months have shown that times have changed since our acquisition of the company. Hope you enjoyed the recent social events that were well-received and we will ... More

8. "It's good to feel that there's a bright future ahead"

Pros

I've been at Allant for 8 years and this is the most positive I've felt about the future direction of the company since I've been here. The leadership team takes an analytics approach to decision making and has a realistic view of the long term goals.

There is a warm sense of camaraderie from your co-workers. This helps with teamwork across departments which enables positive results.

Cons

There may be small bumps in the road as Allant continues to grow.

Sep 6, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As we transform the company, there have been bumps and will most certainly be a few more but we feel, as you do that we are overall moving in the right direction ... More

9. "Good place to work!"

I have been working at Allant Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- New management. Excellent one on one on boarding process.
    - Very welcoming, open communication and friendly co-workers.
    - Flexible work hours as long as you get the work done which is very important as it shows they care about work than the actual hours you are putting in. It keeps you motivated to work well and get it done.

Cons

Nothing I can think of other than parking lot needs some maintenance.

Sep 2, 2016 – CEO

Appreciate the feedback on the onboarding process, communication and our work approach. I had just recently talked to our landlord about the need for additional maintenance as you mention and will ... More

10. "Feels like the old Allant with New Management"

Current Employee - Solution Delivery in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Solution Delivery in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Allant Group (Less than a year)

Pros

I am both a current and former employee. I spent the majority of my career at Allant Group (formerly EMS), when I first started we were a company of 50 with a great entrepreneurial atmosphere – After 17 years, I left the company when it was sold to a large Venture Capitalist company. Now after the purchase by new ownership in February 2016, I am back and it feels like the old Allant. The new ownership including two executives are transparent and are making decisions to move the company in the right direction to become a growing profitable company once again. The new ownership supports a culture that includes hard work, continuous improvement, forward thinking, efficiency, accountability and most importantly transparency.

Cons

In the effort to get Allant back on the profitable track many changes are taking place, this creates a feeling of uncertainty among tenure employees who are hesitant to embrace cultural and technological changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to move the company forward. Attitude is a reflection of leadership and the positive attitudes within the Leadership team will continue to trickle down and get everyone moving toward the end goal of creating a profitable leading-edge technology and analytical company.

Aug 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the transformation at Allant. Yes, we have gone through many changes since the acquisition early this year and we have been transparent with everyone as we made ... More

"Finance New Hire"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Allant Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is under new management which are looking to grow the company. Great opportunity to get into the company on the ground level and be part of the team that turns the company around. New management team is very knowledgeable with a vast array or related work experience. They are very receptive to new ideas to help grow the profitability of the company.

Cons

New management will need time to fix all of the issues left by the previous owners, however, this will provide many opportunities to excel for current and new employees.