Allconnect Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Sam Howe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance during the summer is a bit unreal, but in the off season it evens out a bit (in 6 reviews)

• Long hours, strict schedule, few breaks (in 7 reviews)

1. "Time for a change"

I have been working at Allconnect full-time

Pros

Allconnect has a fun and relaxed work environment.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to know who to trust.

Advice to Management

Listen to the ideas of your employees, don't make them feel like you don't care about their suggestions.

"Great job, terrible politics."

Former Employee - Home Services Consultant-Tier V in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Home Services Consultant-Tier V in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Allconnect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you can keep your nose to the ground, take calls, make sales, and stay out of trouble, this is a fantastic job that pays well. The people [your co-workers] are friendly, engaging, and want you to enjoy them as much as you do. Your supervisor, if you get a good one, wants you to make money and be happy and successful. If you can tolerate the long hours, you will be in for vacations, bonuses, rewards, and tons of free food, on top of the regular compensation plan, which is already pretty great. By myself I was able to afford a 3 bedroom apartment, pay bills, have a car, and be comfortable money-wise. It doesn't start off as the best paying job ($11/hr to start is pretty terrible), but if you work it well, stay coachable, and positive, this can be a great career (by the time I left I was making over $40/hour total). The health insurance was also some of the best I'd had.

Cons

Politics and favoritism play a big part at the Lexington center that I worked at. If you aren't the favorite, you will get passed by on career opportunities a lot. If you make too many waves, you will be shut down, rather than listened to and worked with. The summer hours are RIDICULOUS. (Seriously? Ten hour shifts, half hour lunches, and ten minute breaks.) Work life balance during the summer is a bit unreal, but in the off season it evens out a bit. If you end up with a not-so-great supervisor, you will not be coached. You will not be listened to. You will have "positivity" shoved down your throat so hard it is unreal. While I believe that being positive in a sales environment is important, if the leadership isn't practicing what they're preaching, it can be pretty stressful. A lot of times you won't know what your actual targets are because your supervisor will give you much higher numbers in order to get you to perform better. The attendance policy is too lax and when it is abused management gets angry, but the agents are within the policy so there isn't much that can be done about it. Vacation and sick time are ridiculously low, and the workforce team does NOT work with the agents about time off, whether that is scheduled or unscheduled. A lot of time communication within upper management is horrid and one manager will tell you one thing, and someone else will tell you the opposite.

Advice to Management

Listen to your agents' concerns. We aren't just there to be a body at a desk bring in revenue for you. If multiple people have an issue with someone in management, perhaps consider taking your personal bias for that individual out of the situation and coach that person to be a better coach. Multiple agents on multiple days crying in your office looking for a solution so that they don't literally hate their job anymore is an issue, and if you were wise you would especially listen to those who have consistently been top performers, tenured agents on your floor. This would likely cause much less turnover and a much more positive culture. If there's something to be positive about, they'll probably be positive.

3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Teir I Agent
    Current Employee - Teir I Agent

I have been working at Allconnect part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, and it is fun place to be. Everyone there is going to help, and you can move up fast

Cons

Phone sales, if you have had phone sales beofr it really ia not very fun, and can be really hard.

4. "Account Manager"

I worked at Allconnect full-time

Pros

Family feel type organization that leaves room for innovation.

Cons

Lack of continuity at senior leadership leaves breakdown in organizational guidance and effectiveness. Bonuses and Commissions sometimes not paid fairly.

5. "There was a a disconnect at Allconnect"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allconnect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a great and supportive manager.
    Beautiful Corporate office after the move.
    Engaging.
    If you are liked by someone you can move up quickly.

Cons

There was lack of internal movement if you did not know someone. There wasn't a formal process to identify HiPos that may do well in stretch assignments. There was no career planning.
    Lack of Leadership Development

Advice to Management

Invest in developing internally.

The company was recently acquired so hopefully they will do better. I had a good time working there but it wasn't a place for me to grow.

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Home Service Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Home Service Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allconnect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great money, great benefits,fun work place, friendly environment

Cons

very mentally challenging, have to really push to make money there

Oct 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

It sounds like we had all the foundations of a great workplace (money, benefits, culture) but the job wasn't a fit for you. It's not a job for everyone, but we're glad you recognized many of the... More

7. "Call center sup"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Allconnect (More than a year)

Pros

Great job.
    Management gas no problem supporting
    Great recognition

Cons

You can not smoke on property

Oct 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking time to provide some insight!

8. "Home Service Consultant"

Pros

The job pays well when you are able to consistently hit numbers

Cons

Talking on the phone is exhausting

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - HSC IV in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - HSC IV in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Allconnect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company really shows appreciation to employees. Unlimited commission is the best!!

Cons

Attendance policy is very strict.

Oct 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Providing competitive compensation, rewards and recognition have always been important to us. We value and recognize hard work and strong performers with gift cards, free lunches, giveaways, and even... More

10. "Easy job once you figure it out on your own."

Former Employee - Customer Saves Agent in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Saves Agent in Saint George, UT

I worked at Allconnect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The co-workers definitely make this a great environment. The independence is refreshing as opposed to any other customer service job.

Cons

Training needs a lot of work. There were a lot of things we never went over, and then when you're on calls and ask for help, management gets annoyed.

Advice to Management

Improve your training! As management, it's literally your job to help, so get over the attitude and help your coworkers.

Sep 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking time to give your feedback! Our Customer Care team in Saint George has been through a big transition this year which required us to grow that team exponentially and quickly. Our... More