Allconnect "allconnect" Reviews | Glassdoor

Allconnect Employee Reviews about "allconnect"

Updated Dec 16, 2019

2.9
Allconnect CEO Steve Sibley (no image)
Steve Sibley
Pros
  • "Work-life balance is a priority in corporate, and the CEO has an open-door policy(in 16 reviews)

• "Allconnect really rewards the effort that you put forth(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "It can be a little overwhelming with the amount of call volume Allconnect receives(in 18 reviews)

• "Long hours, strict schedule, few breaks(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "allconnect"

Return to all Reviews

"Awesome Company in St. George, UT"

Current Employee - The Most Important Person At Allconnect in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Allconnect full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The PEOPLE!... I'll say that one more time for the people in the back? No one goes to work everyday because it's optional. We work because we want to do things in life that only money can provide. I've been at Allconnect for almost 10 years now and the people here make this place a great place to work. There are also great incentives, conferences, games, and changes happening all the time to keep it fun, energetic, and exiting.

Cons

There are times when it gets busy and agents are taking back to back calls. But I have witnessed management go out of their way to help agents in these scenarios. From buying them lunch every day of the week, to removing calls from their conversion goals when the systems crash. We are in the trenches together and we celebrate successes together. At the end of the day, it is a job. Not being born rich is a Con for everyone who needs a job.

Advice to Management

Keep it fun. Keep it loud. Keep doing a great job everyday.

Allconnect2019-02-14

"Newbie Beware!!!- Candid review of my experience working at Allconnect"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allconnect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company provided meals are often Due to the large turn over rate, there are opportunities to be promoted to other positions No weekends

Cons

The office environment is a ghetto environment, emphasis on ghetto. Some days I was not sure if I was working in an office setting or a nightclub. The "N" word is openly and loosely used directly on the sales floor among sales agents and some PC's. Profanity is also openly and loosely used on the sales floor. The environment in the Atlanta office is ghetto, there's no better way to put it. It's not uncommon to see women with bright blond, poorly maintained weaves or wigs, head wraps, long fake eyelashes, provocative dressing and men with pants sagging or smelling of marijuana. If you possess class about yourself or desire to work in a "professional" corporate setting, Allconnect is not the place for you. Not in the least. Diversity is low within sales professionals and upper management. One could count the number of white or hispanic sales professionals on one hand but just the opposite in upper management. White, hispanic or any other race other than black are the minority among sales professionals. Black, hispanic or any other ethnic group other than white are the minority among upper management. Now regarding pay. Sales professionals make $11.00 an hour plus commission. During the interview process and all throughout training, the recruiters and trainer's paint a big fairytale picture that agents can make between $4-6k in commission per month, bonuses and hourly pay increases. Yes, that is true BUT what's not being thoroughly explained is, only two or maybe three agents out of 100 agents make that amount. What is equally not being explained to new hires is, agents must max out on all three criteria of the sales metric to even achieve that payout amount which is extremely difficult to do when the bar keeps getting set higher each month. The sales metric and payout changes monthly. The reality is the average agent makes between $500-$2,000 in commission each month. There are far more agents making under $1,000 in commission each month than making over $1,000. Hence why this company is a revolving door for sales professionals. Mainly because of the deceit during the hiring and training process. There is a very high turnover rate with the sales professional position. Agents either quit within 3 months of being on the sales floor or fired. Some last longer but very few for a year or more. Agents are given an attendance bonus for completing 100% shift but what’s not being explained in the hiring process, agents must transfer the money to their company issued prepaid card then wait 4 to 5 days for the money to be posted to the card. Quite a few agents had to wait longer than 5 days to get their bonus. The money is never instantly posted to the card. Agents are made to feel they are in the wrong should they complain about not receiving money that they rightfully earned. The nature of the work. Aside from Monday's it's 8-hour days with 1-hour lunches, no weekends which is a definite plus considering it’s a call center. Monday's 30-minute lunch with company provided meal. Depending on call volume, some weeks may have 30 minutes lunches in addition to regular Monday. However, the company does provide meals whenever 30-minute lunches are required. The meals are generally good meals. Get one 30-minute break each day that agents can use throughout the day however they choose. So with that being said, to step away from the phone for water, a breather or restroom, agents have to use their unpaid time or break. Otherwise, it's dinged against the agent. The attendance policy is strict and fully enforced. Therefore, agents must manage their unpaid time wisely or they will be fired. The calls agents receive are calls transferred to the agents from utility companies. More often than not, customers are unaware why they were speaking to an Allconnect agent. That’s the first hurtle agents must overcome. Then there's the various scripts agents must read. The position is heavily scripted, a good many must be followed verbatim. However, there are some areas within the call where agents can deviate from the script and use word play. One must be good at word play to have any kind of success with the sales professional position or you will fail miserably. Must know the products like the back of your hand or fail miserably. Must be able to think fast responses to objectives. Agents are provided with scripted response, but they rarely work. To be successful in the position, one has to operate as a used car salesman but selling internet, cable, phone. That’s the best way to explain it. If an agent is not good at manipulating the truth, they will not last long in the position which is another reason the high turnover rate. There are several factors that play into agents not being successful at getting the fairytales being told during the hiring process. Customers not passing credit checks, dropped calls, customer disinterest in speaking to agent and here’s my favorite, not being able to pay a deposit. All of which are agents uncontrollable but contributes a huge role in agents not being able to make a good commission. One thing I forgot to mention, if an agent were to be fortunate to make over $2,000 in commission. They’re calls are heavily critiqued by compliance. If that agent fails any part of compliance, pay is deducted and compliance points given. Basically, agents are penalized for having a good month. Now about the managers and team leads. First off, managers are called PC’s. There are some good PC’s then there are some aggressive PC’s and even more aggressive team lead’s. I was fortunate to have a very good PC. However, there were some agents less fortunate. Some PC’s would literally hound their agents by standing over the agent while they’re actively on a call asking the agents how much they have sold. More aggressive PC’s would walk down their team aisle with a megaphone yelling to their agents to sell more. What I found particularly interesting; the aggressive PC’s were the women, mainly black women. Some of them more aggressive than others but overall aggressive. I could never figure out why that was. Literally agents would have to deal with music blaring, PC or team lead yelling at them all the while trying to listen to the caller at the same time. It’s a textbook harassing and hostile environment. However, the male PC’s were more encouraging, mostly left agents alone to do their jobs. Overall, there’s a lot to be desired regarding leadership and professionalism. Now that I shared my candid experience with working there, hope this gives a better insight. If someone were to ask me do I recommend working there, I would have to say, NO! not as a sales professional.

Advice to Management

Company needs more diversity with Sales Professional position. More diversity in upper management. Stop hiring people who come to the interview looking like they are about to commit their next crime. Hire more people who exhibit professionalism. Raise the hourly pay. Stop spinning the truth during the hiring and training process. It's a difficult position, and it needs to be told to candidates throughout entire hiring and training process. Realistic expectations of what commission will be made need to be set to new hires. Stop allowing some PC's and team leads to create a hostile environment for agents. Agents should receive more situational training. Team lead role needs to be better defined to the team leads. Some think in their mind that they are PC's and can be very harassing. Agents needs more defined compliance training during new hire training. Random drug testing is strongly suggested. Should never be overlooked when an employee shows up to work or come back from break smelling of weed. More business casual or professional dress code needs to be fully enforced, including hairstyles. The deposit to agents’ card for attendance bonuses needs to be shorten. Agents should not have to wait days, it should be instant.

Allconnect2019-12-17
  3. "Dont bother"

Former Employee - Consumer Sales Consultant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Allconnect full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sometimes you'll have decent checks

Cons

Don't bother. When they were bought out by Red Ventures Allconnect an almost evil company.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. Treat your employees like people not numbers. Let them use the bath room sometimes.

Allconnect2019-07-07

"Life changing experience"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Allconnect full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for AllConnect i have completely changed my life for the better. I’ve found stability within a job and life outside of work. The benefits here are great and there’s plenty of opportunity to expand in the company. I definitely put myself in another tax bracket working here. Amazing place to work at hands down.

Cons

Learning to accept multiple no’s as it being a sales position.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide opportunity for advancement.

"Extremely Rewarding"

Current Employee - Performance Coach in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Allconnect full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Allconnect really rewards the effort that you put forth. I've been here for almost 8 years and still look forward to coming to work.

Cons

Were always changing things for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep providing positive support.

"Inconnsistent"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I worked at Allconnect full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros

Cons

Allconnect became extremely inconsistent and the business moral hit an all time low.

Advice to Management

Deliver on promises during and employment instead of waiting on employees to formally announce resignation

Allconnect2019-03-18

"New Hire Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Allconnect full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for Allconnect for about four months now, I didn't have any sales experience; however, I have been able to learn so much and thrive in my role. The training team takes the time to make sure you are equipped with everything that you need to be successful. They even continue to train you as you go along and push you in areas where growth is needed. I would say one of the biggest surprises in this job is how much money I have been able to make in the little time that I have been here. I thought it was going to take a long time for me to actually make real money but for my first month on the phones I made more than I could have ever imagined and that increased after every month. This company has helped me pay off my student loans a lot faster than I thought. All the hard work has paid off as I have been top ten agent for the last three months. In addition, I get some cool perks like free shirts, free lunches, free reward cards, some days off!

Cons

The work is mentally tiring at times. It will definitely test your mental power. Also, you are sitting most of the time so you definitely will need to exercise and do some walking in between calls.

Advice to Management

I would

Allconnect2018-11-20

"Looking for a challenging and rewarding job !!!"

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Saint George, UT

I have been working at Allconnect full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at Allconnect for 3 years. It has been a great place to grow as a sales agent into a leader position. Allconnect has very competitive compensation and benefits for all it's employees. It is a company who truly hires within to advance the employees that it has. Allconnect was recently bought by Red Ventures this has been a great asset to our company.

Cons

The only down side that I have found from coming from the education field is that your time is Micro manged. Make sure you are someone who can follow A schedule and make it to work on time. Needs to be very dependable.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep the lines of communication open.

Allconnect2018-11-15

"My favorite business so far!"

Current Employee - MSA Gold in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Allconnect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Been with Allconnect for 8 months now and love it! I've worked for similar companies for the past 4 years and this is by far my favorite. We sell such a wide variety of products so it never gets old or boring. I also notice a big increase in my commission compared to previous jobs. I really enjoy being on Allconnect and hope to continue my career on this business!:)

Cons

Sales is not for everyone so make sure you are up for the task. It can be a little overwhelming with the amount of call volume Allconnect receives.

Allconnect2018-11-14

"Bitter sweet ending"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allconnect full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed working in the corporate office at Lakeside Commons. The team was professional and friendly. The leaders were also very laid back and approachable. I also enjoyed the flex schedule, perks like games in the break areas, ping pong table, cereal bar, casual dress code, etc.

Cons

For the last 4-5 years, Allconnect was strapped for cash all of the time. This made it challenging to deliver solutions and solve problems. I worked in IT so we tried to use open source solutions to solve problems. There was trouble paying vendors, renewing services, etc. This created major headaches because employees were left to fend off vendors and in some cases, collections because bills weren't being paid or always paid very late which jeopardized some of our relationships. It was hard to get leaders to stop and change direction when things weren't working and it appeared there was a lack of vision.

Advice to Management

While I thought upper management was approachable and down to earth, I wish they would have sought outside advice or help with some of the business decisions they made. Many of them were bad such as the acquisition of WhiteFence which ultimately led to the downfall of Allconnect. The company was never able to fully recover after that acquisition and not too many individuals were held accountable for that decision other than the former CEO at the time. The entire executive leadership team who signed off on that should have been held accountable and subsequently removed. I also would have like to see management abort quicker on ideas they put in place that they clearly knew weren't working and think through some of their ideas a bit more before execution. Towards the end, there was no innovation, no new ideas, or evolution of the business. In order for any company to survive, it must evolve to stay relevant and remain competitive and Allconnect failed to do that. I'm sorry to say but management is the reason why Allconnect experienced downfall and was ultimately acquired by Red Ventures. It was sad to watch because employees worked hard and had great ideas but in the end, it didn't work. Allconnect had lots of potential and things shouldn't have ended the way they did.

Allconnect2018-02-28