Allegheny Health Network "finger pointing" Reviews | Glassdoor

Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews about "finger pointing"

Found 250 reviews

3.5
Cynthia Hundorfean
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management does not understand the importance of preventative care(in 9 reviews)

• "Highmark Merger really hurt morale(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "finger pointing"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Leaving felt so so so good."

Former Employee - Corporate-Talent Acquisition in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Allegheny Health Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked remotely 2 days a week. Some really great co-workers.

Cons

I started and they didn't have a desk for me and another women starting the same time. We sat in a conference room from 9-5 for two weeks. It was awkward and boring and did not feel appreciated. I should have known from the start this is how it would be. There was also a strange animosity in the department, an "us vs them" scenario. Employees that had been there a long time did not like the new Supervisor and in return...

Advice to Management

-Create manageable work loads. -Hire managers that understand the work -Try to improve the environment by doing away with unkind, unmotivating Directors/VP's -Increase the budget in corporate departments for increased hires to help with workload -Increase work from hom, it was silly to come in to the office everyday to use my laptop and phone especially when we were already working remotely a few days a week.

Allegheny Health Network2018-05-04
  2. "Not horrible but not great"

Former Employee - Data Warehouse Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Allegheny Health Network full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

+ alot of talent, willing to teach if you are willing to learn + competitive salary and benefits + Great team atmosphere

Cons

+ disorganized + alot of finger pointing between different groups/managers + alot of overtime In fairness, this was during a major organization merger which added to the chaos

Advice to Management

take ownership in your projects and your team. provide good leadership and your team will thrive.

Allegheny Health Network2016-02-03

"Hostile work environment with unqualified management. Zero willingness to train staff"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Allegheny Health Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent level pay for entry level but still below the national average for medical assistants/EKG technicians/ Phlebotomists. Close to home. That is it.

Cons

Perhaps the worst thing about was the people I've worked with. Toxic staff and a high turnover rate. No one says "hello" or anything, everyone looks so miserable. Training is non existent, they leave you to your own devices and when something goes wrong, prepare to get chewed out by your peers, who would rather wander around AGH and the managers were either oblivious or just didn't care. The Daily Huddles were a joke,...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the poisonous people who probably cause these high turnover rates and stop trying to be friends with the staff, act like a educated and trained professional.

Allegheny Health Network2014-08-03

"Working there is like death from a thousand paper cuts."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Allegheny Health Network full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Teammates are willing to pull together to get work done.

Cons

The administrative functions have been cut to the bone, but the work never went away. It's been lay off after lay off... and the finger pointing is ridiculous. There simply isn't enough money to fix what's wrong here... and senior management just wants to point fingers and blame the last guy.

Advice to Management

Try to actually fix the root cause of issues, don't just slash and burn.

Allegheny Health Network2013-12-23