Allegheny Health Network "great co workers" Reviews | Glassdoor

Allegheny Health Network Employee Reviews about "great co workers"

Found 249 reviews

3.5
Cynthia Hundorfean
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management does not understand the importance of preventative care(in 9 reviews)

• "Highmark Merger really hurt morale(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "great co workers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Leaving felt so so so good."

Former Employee - Corporate-Talent Acquisition in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Allegheny Health Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked remotely 2 days a week. Some really great co-workers.

Cons

I started and they didn't have a desk for me and another women starting the same time. We sat in a conference room from 9-5 for two weeks. It was awkward and boring and did not feel appreciated. I should have known from the start this is how it would be. There was also a strange animosity in the department, an "us vs them" scenario. Employees that had been there a long time did not like the new Supervisor and in return...

Advice to Management

-Create manageable work loads. -Hire managers that understand the work -Try to improve the environment by doing away with unkind, unmotivating Directors/VP's -Increase the budget in corporate departments for increased hires to help with workload -Increase work from hom, it was silly to come in to the office everyday to use my laptop and phone especially when we were already working remotely a few days a week.

Allegheny Health Network2018-05-04
  2. "Clinical Research Coordinator"

I worked at Allegheny Health Network full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, PTO flexibility, several locations

Cons

No room for growth, disorganized culture, poor attitudes, outdated equipment

Allegheny Health Network2017-06-15

"AHN"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst/Team Lead Human Resources in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Allegheny Health Network full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great co-workers, good benefits, challenging environment

Cons

Company doesn't value employees by accomplishments and work ethic but by popularity and nepotism.

Advice to Management

Management should be evaluated by employees they manage not the superiors they put on a performance for.

Allegheny Health Network2017-05-31

"high volume of work, low comp"

Current Employee - IT Systems Analyst

I have been working at Allegheny Health Network

Pros

great co workers and environment

Cons

terrible leadership that is never held accountable

Allegheny Health Network2015-11-21

"BI Developer"

Former Employee - Developer - Business Intelligence in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Allegheny Health Network full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Met some great co-workers, good experience working on implementation of a well-designed new data warehouse. Decent pay rate and vacation allowance. Work itself was interesting.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations about how much time staff should be available to management during out of office hours. On-call is one thing, but it needs to be balanced with some consideration that your employees have lives, families, hobbies, etc. and arguably (on a normal week) 128 hours they should expect to be free to do whatever they want. Also, I was buried under layers of multiple managers, directors, technical lead...

Advice to Management

Give a little more thought to whether something can wait a day or a few hours to be fixed (these aren't the hospitals' life support systems -- they're reports on financial and operations metrics that are fairly predictable from day to day), or if it's an actual system crisis worthy of robbing employees' whole nights and weekends.

Allegheny Health Network2015-08-01

"Disappointing"

I worked at Allegheny Health Network

Pros

Great co-workers. Subsidized parking was a bonus, but there is not really much to put for pros to be honest.

Cons

Lack of professionalism at upper levels of management, poor communication at mid levels of management, inability to identify needs and address them properly, leadership through a culture of fear.

Advice to Management

There is no advice to give a group of people with that amount of arrogance.

Allegheny Health Network2014-05-15