Allegro Development Reviews | Glassdoor

Allegro Development Reviews

Updated July 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance at times (in 9 reviews)

• Co-workers are a really good people (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of favoritism of you are not part of the R&D team (in 4 reviews)

• No career path or growth opportunities (in 3 reviews)

"Smart people, good product, huge opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Allegro Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best products in the industry; passionate new people changing the culture; changing the conversation in the energy industry; open to new ideas; new excitement at the company

Cons

Former founder is crazy and disruptive; people are caught up in the way things used to be; negativity

Advice to Management

Motivate employees; promote from within

2. "WwonderWondsww"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Allegro Development full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I work on very strong team of employees who most have been with the company 5 to 14 years. We are very focused on client satisfaction and have a common attitude of doing a great job... because we all love being here every day. Never micro managed. I feel my input to management matters. Some people just don't work out. Those people are usually wanting and waiting for things to be handed to them, and are out to see what Allegro can do for them. Those people don't last long, and most likely head to this site to write a negative review. I can say in the 8 years I have been here, its has been a wonderful experience.
    Some times we have good people leave, and those people usually return within a few years.

Cons

Really nothing bad about working here.

"Great people, self absorbed Management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Allegro Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to work with, ok salary, decent benefits

Cons

Company is run by a bunch of self absorbed people who call themselves executives....Senior Management in this company is clueless, way overpaid, and don't work even 20 hours a week

Advice to Management

Go back to school and take Management 101

4. "Well run, very professional company, open to new ideas and methods."

Current Employee - Director Level in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director Level in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Allegro Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New CEO's attitude is open to new ideas as long as you can back them up and make a case for them. Relaxed atmosphere, but everyone seems to dedicated to doing well and attaining the goals set for the company's growth.

Cons

Nothing so far, but I'll be sure and report back. haha Traffic to and from is a pain since the office is in a downtown scraper, but it is what it is.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "The Future is Bright!"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Allegro Development full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is open to the thoughts and opinions of employees. Everyone has a stake in the future of the organization. There has been significant progress around career path, employee development and training programs.

Cons

Still in growth phase with new management team.

Advice to Management

Continue listening and hearing out ideas, there are many talented people at Allegro who have been overlooked for some time.

6. "Good stepping stone to better things"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Allegro Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ETRM software is a hot market. Get he opportunity to work at various clients in the energy space and gain valuable experience. Lots of good people their.

Cons

No career path structure. They don't support their constants in the field very well. Not very loyal to employees. Very high turnover of employees. No stability at the top. Entire executive team was turned over in the three years I was there. Owner was not easy to work with and ran off many quality people.

Advice to Management

Support your employees. Treat clients like ongoing partners not an inconvenience. Services should be a value add function not a necessary evil to sell more software.

"No long-term strategy, high turnover and untrustworthy leadership bad for employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Allegro Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free MP3s on the company network!

Cons

Days, weeks even months with little or no leadership from management until the next all-hands meeting when 20% of employees are let go and the rest are made to feel they are next. If you like working at a company where you have ABSOLUTELY no sense of the big picture, no upward mobility and always feel your department or role is the next to be cut, then this is the right place for you.

As others have noted, the former CEO Eldon Klaassen (now lead Board member) is indeed a small man with a huge ego who once promised Allegro would never take private equity money so that the company could remain independent and keep clients' interests first. Well, now Allegro has a Board of Directors with individuals representing at least 3 private equity firms in GPS Capital Partners, Tudor Ventures, North Bridge Growth Equity.

Potential employees need to think carefully about joining a company with no long-term strategy, high employee turnover and a focus that is definitely not client-centric. If you think you will be joining an agile, independent software/consulting firm that values individuals, think again.

Advice to Management

Where to start? I'm not sure the culture Eldon Klaassen has created can be changed. Why the high turnover? Why the lack of long-term vision and follow through? Why the sell-out to private equity?

8. "'Okay' company to work for"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Allegro Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in services group offers lots of travel, challenging projects, energy/commodity industry awareness, software expertise

Cons

Projects will vary and locations may not be always exciting, customers can become frustrated with services at times, project timelines/product capability are often aggressive or misaligned

Advice to Management

Listen to the customer, heed advice provided or lessons learnt from projects, look at ways of improving quality of life for consultants and support their needs.

"Worst Two Years of My Life"

Current Employee - Marketing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Allegro Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some fun people there in a few groups; Managers provide little leadership.

Cons

Lots of cliques; not a very welcoming group of people.

Advice to Management

The Support and IT people are nice; Development is awful; all of the executives on the 22nd floor are unprofessional and lack simple Management 101

"Run from this company - Do NOT Walk!"

Former Employee - Director of Consulting in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Consulting in Dallas, TX

I worked at Allegro Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Although they have a decent reputation in their industry niche - that has more to do with the fact that there isn't really any competition.

Cons

CEO is has a serious Napoleon complex - Small man who needs to feel very important. CEO makes every decision in the company. V.P.s have titles but no power. CEO sees employees as cattle and treats them the same way.

Advice to Management

Leave