Alliance Data Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Alliance Data President & CEO Ed Heffernan
Ed Heffernan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work Life Balance; Overtime; Always keeping the dept engaged with activities" (in 46 reviews)

• "great benefits and schedule flexibility" (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is extremely hard" (in 25 reviews)

• "Short breaks and that's really it, it is a call center so it's to be expected long training process but it's great if you don't have experience" (in 16 reviews)

1. "Alliance has been great from the very beginning of the interview process."

Current Employee - Retention in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Retention in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome atmosphere, great benefits, amazing energy

Cons

I haven’t found any yet

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Specialist"

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time

Pros

They provide opportunities for community evolvement, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe involvement

Cons

There is poor training of managers. There are employees given manager positions who have no idea how to manage people.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, be consistent, do what you say you will do.

3. "Bank card"

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay benefits great raises hours

Cons

Changes management overtime bonuses

4. "Great company, great culture"

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time

Pros

Has the energy of a growing, succesful company. Lots of passionate people and employee engagement. Obvious care and investment in people, including a program dedicated to hiring new college grads. Lots of internal promotions and growth opportunities.

Cons

With rapid growth frequently comes some challenges with process maturity not keeping up and scaling. This can result in some frustration in getting the job done. The challenges are recognized though and I see effort and money being put towards continuous improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in optimizing the organization and internal support processes.

"Ads"

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time

Pros

Great company benefits pay and culture

Cons

Lots of re orgs

6. "Collections Associate"

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time

Pros

Co-workers are amazing and the benefits are wonderful, the atmosphere is decent given the smaller location here in Colorado

Cons

Stressful month to month evaluation, no room to be creative, scripted and profits above all else

"Overall Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was the best job I've ever had. I was paid over $15/hr and $16/hr after 5:30 PM. The training was fun and my trainer made the learning process easy and fun for us! We learned a lot and spent a lot of time laughing and telling stories, but also made sure we knew what we were doing for when training was over. After four weeks of training we were allowed to sign up for overtime even while in nesting. After nesting (four weeks) we were given 72 hours of PTO to use at our disposal, and this was only for the first half of the year. If you don't use your PTO which is 154 hours total for the year, they'll cash you out for it. We got our own cubicles which we were allowed to decorate and I always had something to do while taking calls to keep me busy. I am great with dealing with rude customers and they don't get to me or affect me as much as other people so this was the perfect job for me. Time went by super fast each shift and they almost always offer VTO where you may be approved to leave early if that's what you want. The OT is unlimited as well. When it was slow (which was mostly at night at most weekends) it would be 5-20 minutes in between calls and we were able to have down time to talk to co-workers or watch a movie on the flat screens etc. They have a kitchen with actual workers cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as convenience type snack items as well. We also had the ability to switch schedules for a day or multiple days if it was approved which almost always were in my case. My schedule was 12:15-8:45, but i always got approved to switch to 8am-4:30 PM or they would send out emails about schedule changes on certain days that you can use. Unfortunately, I had to stop working here due to personal issues, but I'm eligible for rehire this month, and I pray I can go back! The culture is amazing and it doesn't feel like your working in a call center, especially compared to the gorss, small, cubicle/equipment sharing call centers I've worked at.

Cons

Only con would be the attendance policy! My training was in December and my car spun off the road on the highway on the way to work. (I took pictures of it and still came into work less than an hour late), but due to this I was not able to receive my holiday pay and I still received a point for being late, although it was out of my control. Also the surveys. I know I was a GREAT CCR.. they have policies in place regarding fees being waived, etc, and if a customer already received a late fee waiver we could only give them one if their account showed they were eligible, or if they threatened to close the account. No matter how nice, friendly, and empathetic you are, some of the customers will give you a bad survey simply because the policies in place prohibited you from doing whatever it is they wanted you to do. If you waive the late fee when you're not supposed to, you get an email and get in trouble, but if you don't and the customer leaves a bad survey, you get in trouble for that as well. I feel as though these should only count against us if we genuinely didn't do our best to assist the customer, we shouldn't be held accountable for customers being upset that we have to follow company policies.

Advice to Management

Stop letting how the customers rank the client affect us as well. There were plenty of times a certain client was going out of business and was no longer taking in store payments, and the customer was upset because their payment would be late, they would rate ME personally well and say I was a huge help and very nice, but then they would rate the CLIENT (whatever business) with a low score and I would be in trouble for things that were out of my hands. Other than that, you have a great company culture, great pay and benefits, and overall, you're a great company to work for.

"Great at first"

Former Employee - Payment Solutions Advocate in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Payment Solutions Advocate in Westminster, CO

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, set your own schedule

Cons

Management, no consistency, favoritism, lots of promises none kept

9. "Best company I ever have worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Alliance Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are too many great things to say about this company! Balance between work and home needs are #1. My husband was ill with cancer; everyone worked with me to reset my schedules so I could be beside him through all the appointments, chemo, surgeries, etc. When I became ill again they worked with my schedules. If you want to advance there a several career opportunities and they give us the tools to succeed in career advancement. The culture is great as we help our community and the company helps those across the nation when tragedy strikes. I am proud to work for this company

Cons

I do not have any cons; I wish bonuses were still in effect though

Advice to Management

Keep up your caring for the employees and clients; you are awesome!

10. "Good work environment but pays less"

Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Wakefield, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Alliance Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good and friendly work environment.

Cons

Pay less comparatively.
    Too much work for 8 hrs.