Alliance Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 34 reviews

3.1
Rob Robinson
  1. Featured Review

"Inspired by collaborative work everyday and compassionate people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Alliance Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, proactive organization moving towards being an employer of choice by listening to its workforce and offering options for learning and development, work life balance with flex schedules, internal growth/promotion and awesome benefits. I come into work knowing that what we do on a daily basis makes a difference and someone's life depends on it. It a great feeling to know that you are making an impact and know...

Cons

Being pretty new to the organization and just reaching a year there has been many process changes but it makes us much more efficient in our everyday work.

Advice to Management

Keep moving towards greater as you are! Keep listening to your employees and making adjustments where needed. Thanks Rob for being so approachable. Overall keep up the tremendous work!

Alliance Health2018-04-23
  2. "Company with a lot of issues it is in denial of"

I have been working at Alliance Health full-time

Pros

There's some nice caring people that work here. Nothing bad to say based on what I've seen from the CEO. The salaries appear to be competitive, but as the customer base shrinks (due to legislation) this is likely to wane.

Cons

There's a ton of racism and discrimination, but it gets/ignored denied as it's not along the normal lines. The workforce is very different than the locations which it serves and creates a lot of tribalism and haves vs have nots. When it's mentioned it is met with aggressive denial across all levels, especially from the ones benefiting from it. There's a large part of the workforce that just make and appearance...

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the racism with the actual numbers. Overhaul the benefits. Replace the people that are wasting funds fraudulently by not putting standard hours. Try to make working at Alliance a good place regardless of the employees' demographics or particular team.

Alliance Health2019-04-09

"Future Employee Beware"

I worked at Alliance Health full-time

Pros

The work was challenging but it depended on the day. Majority of the employees got along. The work schedule was great and the pay was decent.

Cons

The employees ruled the organization making upper management afraid to discipline those those that caused tension in the workplace. The organization has an issue with racism and discrimination. This makes for an unfavorable place to work.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your supervisors. Don't allow the employees to run the place and force those, that come to work every day, out of a job just because someone does not like being told to do their job, gets poor scores on their evaluation.

Alliance Health2018-09-26
  4. "Great place to work"

I worked at Alliance Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Agency has come a long way in short period of time. Lots of uncertainty with MCOs in NC but leadership continues to navigate it well. It’s true that there isn’t a ton of room for growth, however that’s due to the fact that it’s a good place to work and people stay in their positions.

Cons

Lots of reporting and documentation required because it’s a government agency.

Alliance Health2018-04-14
  5. "Public Sector agency that is true to its mission"

I have been working at Alliance Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Alliance is a government agency that acts as the insurance company for the uninsured and those with Medicaid needing Mental Health and Substance Use services in Durham, Wake, Johnston and Cumberland counties in NC. Public Sector agency that is true to its mission - To improve the health and well-being of the people we serve by ensuring highly effective, community-based support and care. I love working at Alliance because...

Cons

This is hard work. With constant changes at the state level and reduced funding for the uninsured, its hard to keep the momentum up. Some of our State reps and senators want to privatize our business, handing it over to big insurance companies . Their interest are purely financial outcomes and not human outcomes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Your positivity and ability to help us worker bees through change and change management makes Alliance great.

Alliance Health2018-04-14

"Care Manager"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Alliance Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are good, position is pretty stable because we will always be needed by someone

Cons

Absolutely no potential for growth. If you are smart, a go-getter, innovative this is not the place for you. The cry babies get promotions while those with the most knowledge stagnate. For an organization that serves people with special needs the organization has no clue about ADA and accomodations. Stuffy and totally inflexible. All about who you brown nose. Hard work not recognized. Leadership pretends...

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and promoting "yes men" as you will get no where by promoting the cry babies

Alliance Health2018-03-21
  7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Alliance Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers and supervisors are open to input and ideas, felt supported and like I was able to make a difference in people’s lives

Cons

Not much room to advance in my department

Advice to Management

Allow teleworking in other departments besides call center

Alliance Health2018-02-14

"ID Care Coordinator"

Current Employee - Idd Care Coordinator

I have been working at Alliance Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, retirement benefits, health insurance, good environment

Cons

Constant changes due to budget cuts and MCO world changes not sure of where it is going and how it will affect employees or jobs currently. Diversity is not where it needs to be at this current time.

Advice to Management

Management is dealing with constant changes in this world of managed care not for sure if there is anything that they can do at this current time. Hiring practices need to be changed and not just meet the so called status quo. Company is predominant black and white.

Alliance Health2017-09-19

"Beware"

Former Employee - Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Alliance Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are ok. The team I worked with was great. Worked well together and looked out for each other. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Most of upper management seem to don’t care, their looking out for themselves. Most are micro-managers. Some of the managers just want you to get the work done treating you like children when they have no cause to do so.

Advice to Management

Don’t Micromanage. We were doing the work before you got here and doing it right. Realize that you make mistakes too.

Alliance Health2017-10-27

"Good company, behind the times, not so home/work balance friendly."

I have been working at Alliance Health full-time

Pros

Great people, friendly working environment, important work.

Cons

I am not sued to being part of a governmental entity and it like stepping 10 or 15 years into the past. Resources are very scarce, vacation (no PTO) is very minimal and accrues very slowly, dress code seems stuffy. Limited opportunity to work from home or manage work/life balance. Also, there are no wellness programs or incentives, which is a shame.

Advice to Management

Please move with the times in terms of work flexibility, benefits and technology use. Changes of this sort should be belabored.

Alliance Health2017-09-10