Alliance HealthCare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alliance HealthCare Services CEO Tom C. Tomlinson
Tom C. Tomlinson

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is cold to the patient needs as well as the team members (in 3 reviews)

• Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"PET/CT Technologist"

Former Employee - PET/CT Technologist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - PET/CT Technologist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees to work with, patient care was a priority

Cons

Benefits could have been better

Advice to Management

Hiring fulltime implies confidence to work harder and to focus better

2. "Great group"

Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Berlin, NH
    Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Berlin, NH

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and patient satisfaction all across the country. They keep their employees up to date on the changes in regulations and adhere to HIPPA at all times.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the tendency to forget to communicate between the bosses and then from the bosses to the employees. Not all the time but more than it should happen.

Advice to Management

Improve communications and offer traveling options to employees to fill in at other facilities when there is a vacancy or short term leave of absence.

3. "Welcome to Alliance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very new here at Alliance but I was so pleasantly surprised at each point of contact I had from them from initial phone screen, interview phase, offer, welcome and on boarding process. Each person I have come into contact with seems to be genuinely interested in driving the goals of the business and it is a very exciting growth driven time here. I asked many questions before joining and Alliance to make sure it was a right fit, and now that I am in the role, it is so refreshing to know that each individual portrayed the company and the opportunity accurately and honestly. Alliance and my managers are clearly taking the time to invest in my understanding of the role, my responsibilities, and where I will fit in as part of the bigger picture. Such a great decision on my part to join the team!

Cons

Like so many other employers right the insurance benefits offer high deductibles, but there are many ways to offset that cost such as choosing a higher level policy or joining the company sponsored wellness plan!

Advice to Management

With so much business segmentation continue to drive those opportunities where we can get to know the people who make up Alliance outside of our usual team.

Feb 9, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Thank you for your review. We're glad to have you on the team:) - Deb

5. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Imaging
    Former Employee - Imaging

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time with Alliance. My coworkers were the best!

Cons

Corporate management were very disconnected with associates in the field. Infrastructure support in certain areas was disjointed and unorganized.

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Thank you for your honesty in your review. We are committed to the success of all of our Team Members --both Corporate (Shared Services) as well as field-based Team Members (who play a critical role ... More

"Not a good company to work for. Does not care about employees, only their profits"

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I once had a great manager. However, she was later laid off because the company was promissing hospitals number that they could not produce, therefore they blamed it on others. They promoted people who did not have experience in managing people - did not even have a college degree but could BS heir way up the ladder.

Cons

I truly enjoyed the travel work but most of all I loved the PET-CT technologist work; I loved being a small part in diagnosing - or just helping someone who had 'cancer' as the enemy. Until the company proved to be shifty and not one caring about patient care as much as their pockets.

Advice to Management

You've been around for a long time; well, the company. Stop lying about your numbers/prognosis to get a client; care about your employees; care about hiring qualified people. I've encountered more dishonest management individuals in 6 years with you than 20 years in other employment. The management should truly care about the delivery of care.

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Hello, I read your review and was wondering if you would be willing to share the details of your experience with me via phone or e-mail? I would like to better understand the events that you ... More

"MRI TECH"

Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Boston, MA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and most of the sites were good to work at.

Cons

Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements. It's not about PT care but about money only.

Advice to Management

Forget about your wallets and show your employees that they matter and you actually care. Management from the westcoast need to come out and speak with the patient care staff to get a sense of how lacking MO support really is.

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Hi, Thank you for your candid review. What you describe above is not a culture that we condoned at Alliance and after reading your review, I would like to further look into your situation. If you ... More

8. "Great place for drivers"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Take the truck home, amazing benefits, very flexible schedule, awesome management... did I mention the benefits are amazing?

Cons

None really. I guess working evening is a bit of a pain, but that's the price of working locally.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Thank you for the feedback and for being part of the Alliance Team:)

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Orange, CA

Pros

they take care of the their own, if you need anything you can reach out to your manager and they will be more than happy to help you

Cons

not a lot of benefits and they don't allow you to use your sick days on holidays

Advice to Management

try to provide more help to your employees and be more understanding of their needs

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Thank you for the advice. I will pass it along. We implemented a #myvoice initiative last Fall, which is one way we are connecting with each other and providing a voice to all Team Members. It takes ... More

10. "Non a good place to work"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

By the time I left, the only pros were my non managment co-workers.

Cons

Managment is not held accountable for anything, benefits sucked after ObamaCare. HR doesn't support non management. No room for advancement. No appreciation no matter how hard you work.

Advice to Management

Acknowlege the hard work everyone puts in and show appreciation. If non managment is staying late, the direct manager should always be there for questions or issus, especially if it's requested (expected).

11. "Excellent Work Environment!"

Current Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Opportunity to work with cutting edge equipment, excellent benefits, understanding managers, several advancement opportunities, working in a mobile environment.

Cons

Recognize that working in a mobile environment is much different from work at a hospital or clinic Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills are necessary in order to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your employees as they are your strength.