Alliance HealthCare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Alliance HealthCare Services CEO Tom C. Tomlinson
Tom C. Tomlinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The team we built was the best in the business and I still coach many of my former team members (in 7 reviews)

• Great work environment, good benefits, and better than average pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hostile, toxic work environment this company is a revolving door of employees (in 3 reviews)

• Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements (in 3 reviews)

1. "An Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Dothan, AL
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Dothan, AL

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Alliance for over 5 years as a PC, I enjoy the team effort of the staff. The openness of corporate to listen and improve working conditions for better customer care.

Cons

the uncertainty of hours of work from week to week

2. "Ok place to work"

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time

Pros

Compensation is great and friendly group of people to work with.

Cons

Poor communication from Senior Leadership with employees. Work/Life balance is merely impossible.

3. "Not a bad place to work"

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work. Great people and great team that strongly believes in customer service and employee engagement.

Cons

Travel was more than what the job originally outlined. Otherwise great company to work at.

Jul 17, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're glad you felt engaged while working with Alliance and wish you well in your next endeavor.

4. "High Turnover"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule all the time

Cons

Poor territory layout as well as a poor commission plan

Advice to Management

Bring better benefits to employees

Jul 13, 2017 – Corporate Communications

We're so glad to hear you enjoy the flexibility of your position. If you would like to share more details on how to improve the territory layout or commission plans, we'd be happy to share your... More

5. "Previous Clinical Staff Specialist"

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services part-time

Pros

Teamwork, variety in schedule, hours

Cons

Corporate structure, lack of direction from local sales team

6. "AE- marketing and sales for MRI and PETCT imaging."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security and quality of life-work balance. Little travel. Freedom to be creative. Not very technical of a sale as compared to other medical sales jobs.

Cons

Little growth, complicated team contributions, lots of busy work, lack of impact on success and meeting goals. Below avg car allowance, poor 401k, medical benefits are below industry standard, no yearly pay increases. Not rewarded for going above and beyond. Your success depends on many other factors beyond your efforts....little accountability and support from critical departments within the home office.

Advice to Management

Enough pointing fingers when things don't go right. Create a better team atmosphere with common team goals within local networks. Better structure for goals rather than throwing darts blindfolded. Take into account specific challenges during the year that cannot be avoided and don't penalize representatives for things out of their control.

Jun 6, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for leaving such an insightful review. We continually evaluate our compensation and benefit offerings to remain competitive in the market and we value your feedback. Finger pointing... More

7. "Great place to work, and continuing to improve"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genuine central philosophy and focus on Patient Care.
    Continuous improvement focus, Team Member engagement and focus have been big focus in recent years.
    Strong growth in this sector -- difficult to find. Bright future.
    GREAT flexibility for Team Members of various roles.

Cons

Too much turnover, constant shifting priorities.

Advice to Management

Invest more and further in intangible Team Member programs.

May 24, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for sharing about your experience with Alliance. We've made a big push to focus on Team Member engagement this year, so we're glad you've noticed a difference. If you have any suggestions... More

8. "Caring, Engaged Organization!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time

Pros

I have had a positive experience from the interview process to current, with Alliance Healthcare Services . Throughout the interview process and onboarding, each person was in-sync with what was going on at all levels of the organization, and was very transparent on what is needed to improve. In addition, this company has had tremendous growth , and I am seeing that opportunities are provided to existing employees before hiring on the outside. These are two important components to my decision to work for Alliance.

Cons

Continue to work on reducing the turnaround time to hire.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest time and resources for employees. The organization continues to thrive as we recognize and develop our existing talent. Thank you for the opportunity and being a part of an organization that cares for its employees, and the communities we serve.

May 24, 2017 – Corporate Communications

It's great to know that your experience has been so positive! We like to foster personal and professional growth, so Team Members have the opportunity to move within the organization. Thanks for... More

9. "Best job and company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Insurance Verification Coordinator in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Verification Coordinator in Canton, OH

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and PTO are outstanding, and quarterly performance based bonuses.
    I was promoted in a short time to a different department that my initial interview was with. This company took a chance on me, knowing I had a splotchy job history but had the right experience. Training is good for certain departments, not so much others. Most of my coworkers are very helpful interacting with me and training.
    The growth of this company seems to really have helped some individuals in learning new things and giving them new responsibilities (which I love) I think it's a great learning curve.

Cons

Some of the aged workers who have been there 10 or more years seem bitter towards new employees who are still learning, but that's been the most stressful part of this job.
    Certain positions could use better structure for their training guidelines.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward the employees that do work in a timely and productive manner, and set up "probation periods for those who perform below the standards consistently.

May 24, 2017 – Corporate Communications

So glad to see that you're enjoying the Insurance Verification Coordinator role in Canton. Thank you for the recommendation regarding performance standards, I'll be sure to pass your feedback along.... More

10. "Financial Analyst"

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time

Pros

Great company, great coworkers, no micromanagement

Cons

Data is never right, bad perks