Alliance HealthCare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Alliance HealthCare Services CEO Tom C. Tomlinson
Tom C. Tomlinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The team we built was the best in the business and I still coach many of my former team members (in 7 reviews)

• Great work environment, good benefits, and better than average pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hostile, toxic work environment this company is a revolving door of employees (in 3 reviews)

• Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements (in 3 reviews)

"Toxic Work Environment-Typical Office Politics & Good O'l Boy Practices!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO, can't think of anything else.

Cons

Poor leadership, horrible management practices (friends of friends promoted instead of people that qualify). Management is allowed to do whatever they please, NO HR involvement. If you speak up, you might as well look for another job. Typical office politics & good o'l boy practices! If you work here you're just another number, no one CARES about you personally. They only care about the about the bottom line.

Advice to Management

You brought The Pain Center and promised so many changes when we became Alliance Healthcare Services employees, that's the only reason so many stayed this long. You gave us a survey to supposedly try to HELP improve the moral of our work environment but NOTHING has happened since then and that was in the summer!! It actually created a worst environment for some, the same horrible managers have not changed a thing and continued to worked as usual (bullying/favoritism/being negative) very pointless!! It doesn't matter how many times someone reports them because they're all friends & nothing happens. Stop worrying about the bottom line and worry about getting better managers & boosting the employee's morale because people are leaving at alarming rates. This is the worst work environment that I've ever worked in, it's sad you don't care about your employees and allow management to run them right out of the door, all the time. MANY good people have left & the horrible ones are allowed to stay & continue to bring down others. Very toxic work environment with little belief that it will every change.

May 5, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Hello. Thank you for your candid feedback. We recently hired a new Human Resources business partner for The Pain Center and the Interventional division. I would like to encourage you to reach out to... More

"Administrative Assistant II"

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with new patients throughout their treatment. That, I felt was very rewarding

Cons

Our company was acquired by Alliance, management, disconnected and unaware of the market our center was located.

Advice to Management

A college degree does not make a manager. Look to your employees that have experience and knowledge for advancement.

"Not a good company to work for. Does not care about employees, only their profits"

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I once had a great manager. However, she was later laid off because the company was promissing hospitals number that they could not produce, therefore they blamed it on others. They promoted people who did not have experience in managing people - did not even have a college degree but could BS heir way up the ladder.

Cons

I truly enjoyed the travel work but most of all I loved the PET-CT technologist work; I loved being a small part in diagnosing - or just helping someone who had 'cancer' as the enemy. Until the company proved to be shifty and not one caring about patient care as much as their pockets.

Advice to Management

You've been around for a long time; well, the company. Stop lying about your numbers/prognosis to get a client; care about your employees; care about hiring qualified people. I've encountered more dishonest management individuals in 6 years with you than 20 years in other employment. The management should truly care about the delivery of care.

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Hello, I read your review and was wondering if you would be willing to share the details of your experience with me via phone or e-mail? I would like to better understand the events that you... More

"MRI TECH"

Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Boston, MA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and most of the sites were good to work at.

Cons

Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements. It's not about PT care but about money only.

Advice to Management

Forget about your wallets and show your employees that they matter and you actually care. Management from the westcoast need to come out and speak with the patient care staff to get a sense of how lacking MO support really is.

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Hi,

Thank you for your candid review. What you describe above is not a culture that we condoned at Alliance and after reading your review, I would like to further look into your situation. If you... More

"Non a good place to work"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

By the time I left, the only pros were my non managment co-workers.

Cons

Managment is not held accountable for anything, benefits sucked after ObamaCare. HR doesn't support non management. No room for advancement. No appreciation no matter how hard you work.

Advice to Management

Acknowlege the hard work everyone puts in and show appreciation. If non managment is staying late, the direct manager should always be there for questions or issus, especially if it's requested (expected).

"Run!"

Pros

It is possible to gain valuable experience.

Cons

Top heavy management structure that is disconnected from day to day operations.

Advice to Management

Actually visit and have some respect for the employees that make your jobs possible!

7. "Poor HR"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Expanding company, trying to grow market, provide high end services for hospitals

Cons

boiler room attitude in regards to business development, trying to grow without truly understanding changes in healthcare economics.

Advice to Management

Reform HR, concentrate on organic growth rather than aquisitions.

8. "If you are looking for a positive, energetic, personable office to work for, look else where."

Pros

None, I was disappointed with the environment, the only way to get recognition is to suck up.

Cons

No raises, no recognition, negative environment. If your a hard worker and want to get recognized, go elsewhere.

"Experience with employment"

Former Employee - Crisis Specialist in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Crisis Specialist in Memphis, TN

Pros

Coworkers care about each other and are supportive.

Cons

Those in charge are ready for fire people without cause.

Advice to Management

Get some compassion for your employees

10. "unacceptable customer service"

Pros

if you need a job where you can treat people bad and no one will know ...

Cons

worst customer service ever ...treat dying patients like yesterdays garbage
    plain and simple , you do not want to work here ....try to find a person to talk to about bad service ...there is no system in place to report employess who are not doing their job and treating patients horrible

Advice to Management

customer service hotline !