Alliance HealthCare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Alliance HealthCare Services CEO Tom C. Tomlinson
Tom C. Tomlinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The team we built was the best in the business and I still coach many of my former team members (in 7 reviews)

• Great work environment, good benefits, and better than average pay (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hostile, toxic work environment this company is a revolving door of employees (in 3 reviews)

• Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements (in 3 reviews)

1. "AE- marketing and sales for MRI and PETCT imaging."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security and quality of life-work balance. Little travel. Freedom to be creative. Not very technical of a sale as compared to other medical sales jobs.

Cons

Little growth, complicated team contributions, lots of busy work, lack of impact on success and meeting goals. Below avg car allowance, poor 401k, medical benefits are below industry standard, no yearly pay increases. Not rewarded for going above and beyond. Your success depends on many other factors beyond your efforts....little accountability and support from critical departments within the home office.

Advice to Management

Enough pointing fingers when things don't go right. Create a better team atmosphere with common team goals within local networks. Better structure for goals rather than throwing darts blindfolded. Take into account specific challenges during the year that cannot be avoided and don't penalize representatives for things out of their control.

Alliance HealthCare Services Response

Jun 6, 2017 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for leaving such an insightful review. We continually evaluate our compensation and benefit offerings to remain competitive in the market and we value your feedback. Finger pointing... More

"Stay Away! Bad Managers! Hugh Turnover! Low Salaries!"

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services (More than a year)

Pros

As a Patient Coordinator, helping patients was rewarding! Some Techs are kind, talented, and professional; not all!

Cons

Hugh Turnover in Staff, Managers put pressure on you to drive long distances, they interrogate you on why you can't work certain schedules, managers are not flexible, long 12 hours shifts 3-5 times a week, and company salaries are lowest in industry! Managers never reward or compliment you on anything! No company parties or get-together s, Moral is very bad!

Advice to Management

Look, Listen, and respond with action to what employees ask for! Learn to understand what people need to be happy, content, and secure. Stop interrogating employees for your benefit!

Alliance HealthCare Services Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

The patient is definitely a key focus at Alliance and it sounds like you led by example and put the patients' needs first. I'm glad to hear that your role as a care giver was rewarding.

Our Team... More

3. "Euh...its and okay company"

Former Employee - Patient-Facing Patient Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Patient-Facing Patient Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great hours if you want to go to school full time

Cons

patient scheduling is overwhelming and you don't get breaks.

"Administrator"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fresno, CA

Pros

The company is focused on marketing.

Cons

The company does not encourage (allow) creativity. There is lack of support to effectively perform one's job. Employees are weighed down with minutia details that limit their ability and time to be productive and successful.

Advice to Management

The negative energy could be turned around, The lack of support, as well as the lack of tools to perform duties required are one of the biggest downfalls of the company. One should not become wealthy off the illness or injury of another.

5. "learn what you can and move on"

Pros

To gain experience with befints

Cons

Pay not good nor advancement opportunities

"Don't go there"

Former Employee - Logistics Management in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Logistics Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good co-workers in the field, upper management could not care less. As long as the numbers were met.

Cons

Upper management only wanted numbers. Never cared what the customers or the personel in the field.

Advice to Management

Get out in the field and talk to your clients, and field employes care about

"fired for reporting unsafe conditions"

Former Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Phila, PA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

be your own boss. work at your own pace.

Cons

the upper management, no gratitude for work done

Advice to Management

I was fired because I cared. My dad just said to me recently that I loved my job. But I was tired of walking onto mobile units with sharps containers falling out the door when I entered the unit.

"Not the same company it used to be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great experience in a very fast paced industry. Ability to meet many professional team members who care about their jobs. You wear multiple hats, which allows you to learn many aspects of the business. Once you work for Alliance, any other job will feel easy!

Cons

Not the same company it used to be. You can "bleed Alliance blue" and they only care about the bottom line, and not about their employees as they should. The company is losing some of their best talent due to their lack of recognition and acknowledgement, as well as the dramatic decline in career growth within the organization. Alliance use to be a family, but today you are just a disposable number. Working for Alliance is a lifestyle, not a career.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of respecting, recognizing, and acknowledging your best talent before they are gone. Soon your talent will be working for your competitors.

"If you have a choice Don'tgo there"

Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor
    Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Field Team was great. Most did what was best for the customer, even with lack of input from Management.

Cons

Total lack of Management. The Managers who are still there do not visit the field and so have no concept of what it is at the customer level. Some clients have never met the Operations manager, who had been over their account for 3-4 years.

Advice to Management

Talk to , go see, make visits to customers, team members. Conference calls do not do it. Face to face is what works. All the little training courses are great but most team members have no contact with their supervisors. A little contact would work to increase Moral and keep the good team members.

"If you want job security go else were"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good team members to work with from across field members.

Cons

Management doesn't care for the workers at all

Advice to Management

Get out and see what the field team sees. Total lack of management input.
    Operations management never seen at sites, do not care