Alliance HealthCare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 23, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alliance HealthCare Services CEO Tom C. Tomlinson
Tom C. Tomlinson

Pros
  • The team we built was the best in the business and I still coach many of my former team members (in 7 reviews)

• good benefits, good pay, generally good people to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hostile, toxic work environment this company is a revolving door of employees (in 3 reviews)

• Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements (in 3 reviews)

1. "Introduce patients to the world of imaging"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Port Huron, MI
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Port Huron, MI

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stay busy running in and out of buildings.
    Meet new people
    Learn to multitask like never done before
    Good benefits

Cons

Some places that you work at will not accommodate you or the patient's best interest , which will equal a very odd work environment.

2. "Easy entry level position."

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Brunswick, GA
    Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Brunswick, GA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting people from all walks of life. You don't see your manager or supervisor very often. You get to travel.

Cons

I have never received a raise in the 7 years that I have been here. No Christmas bonus, but I did receive a $25 gift card one year. You work in close proximity with another team member. No lunch break and no 15 min breaks. Depending on the schedule you may have time to take a break but don't look for one. Just pack a lunch and eat when you have time between patients. Unless you plan to be a Radiology or Nuc Med tech in the future don't waste your time here.Just get some experience and move on to the next job.

3. "PET/CT Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked alone, never saw management.

Cons

Scheduled 6 days a week every week. Company tried to cut hours so you travel 3 hours, scan 1 patient and drive home.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced management.

5. "Great people"

Former Employee - Radiation Therapist in Cordova, TN
    Former Employee - Radiation Therapist in Cordova, TN

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with both co-workers and clients. Of course there were some problems but that was not the norm.

Cons

The case loads were far too large. I never felt that I could provide the level of service that I wanted to.

6. "MRI dept ok"

Former Contractor - MRI Tech in Anchorage, AK
    Former Contractor - MRI Tech in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

MRI tech I worked with was very nice and so were most of the other staff there. The radiologist had his days.....the schedule was beyond ridiculous to keep up with. They slammed the patients on like an assembly line. I worked by myself half the shift and there wasn't any time in the schedule to get the patients dressed , research implants , clean the room , start IV and run on time. What was very strange was how horribly busy MRI was but how slow ultrasound and CT was ( their average volume of patients were 3-5 a day ). MRI was busy from 7 am until 7 pm yet had the least staff. Made no sense. Then if the radiologist seen there was a 15 min opening he would add a patient in not caring how far that would run the tech behind. TG I was a travel tech sbd didn't have to work this place more than a month.

Cons

MRI needs more staff. Maybe if the CT tech or ultrasound tech who had 3 patients a day could come in later and stay later to help get patience dressed and IV etc for MRI would be a huge help. Instead the CT and Ultrasond techs came real early and left real early.

Advice to Management

Get MRI some help. Do not squeeze in an extra patient just because you see a 15 min time slot opening. Trust me , that 15 min could be a huge help with keeping the schedule to stay on time. Not sure if any of those techs there can cross train in MRI bit thst would be a huge help. Those exams are very routine. It would not take long for them to learn how to scan a knee and lumbar spine or shoulder which is pretty much all they scan here.

7. "PET/CT Technologist"

Current Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independent environment
    Travel and Mileage Pay
    Benefits
    Great experience with different types of healthcare facilities.

Cons

Inconsistent Hours
    Mediocre Pay
    Minimal Advancement
    Vehicle depreciation

8. "Mobile MRI, PET/CT"

Former Employee - Lead MRI Technologist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead MRI Technologist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working independently. You are trusted to make decisions and troubleshoot technical problems.

Cons

Ineffective communication due to remote nature of work. Most of the work is contracted, so you don't feel completely part of the healthcare teem with the client.

Advice to Management

Weekly rounding with staff at mobile sites.

"Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Business Development in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Development in Nashville, TN

Pros

Relatively small company, able to learn by doing.

Cons

Corporate financial health isn't the greatest, some concern regarding longevity.

10. "Decent Company"

Current Employee - Patient Service Associate in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Service Associate in Canton, OH

Pros

Comparable wages, decent shifts, great coworkers, benefits, vacation, floating holidays.

Cons

Limited room for advancement, lack of training, management not all being on the "same" page, caring more about statistics than the patients

Advice to Management

Before adding new sites, make sure the team has all the info so we don't look ignorant when we are on the phones. They tend to put the cart before the horse in most cases.

11. "Loved the Job, Management Needs Work"

Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Patient Coordinator in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work 7 days on and 7 days off, so having to take off time for appointments, etc....makes scheduling easier. The pay is pretty good and comparable to what you would make in a hospital as a CNA.

Cons

You work 12-14 hour days most of the time, not leaving much time for children if you have any. The management team is less than desirable and has difficulty relating to staff, especially listening to their MR Techs and the way they treat their Patient Coordinators; you are "put down" for what you did wrong, more than you are "acknowledged" for what you did right. If something needs fixing or you have issues with the site you are working, getting issues resolved takes a long time, if they are resolved at all. The philosophy is that "if it's not broke, we ain't fixing it." Training could be better instead of taking the Patient Coordinators and alternating them between two different machines; it would be better if management would leave a PC on a machine while training until they learn that machine, then switch them. This saves on tension at the workplace between PC's and MR Techs. MR Techs do not have the time to train PC's, but the PC's are never given the training they deserve. It's frustrating for on both ends. And, it creates workplace hostility between MR Techs and PC's.

Advice to Management

PC's need better quality of training, leave them on one machine to learn, and then switch them. Plus, don't expect MR techs to train the PCs.