Alliance HealthCare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Alliance HealthCare Services CEO Tom C. Tomlinson
Tom C. Tomlinson

Pros
  • The team we built was the best in the business and I still coach many of my former team members (in 7 reviews)

• good benefits, good pay, generally good people to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hostile, toxic work environment this company is a revolving door of employees (in 3 reviews)

• Unrealistic scan schedules and time slots, no breaks for lunch, managers who have no idea what techs really do, no support from managements (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great group"

Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Berlin, NH
    Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Berlin, NH

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and patient satisfaction all across the country. They keep their employees up to date on the changes in regulations and adhere to HIPPA at all times.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the tendency to forget to communicate between the bosses and then from the bosses to the employees. Not all the time but more than it should happen.

Advice to Management

Improve communications and offer traveling options to employees to fill in at other facilities when there is a vacancy or short term leave of absence.

Mar 16, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Thank you for your review and for the advice! I'm glad that you feel supported and up-to-date on changes in regulations and HIPPA adherence. We support open and timely communication between managers ... More

2. "Welcome to Alliance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very new here at Alliance but I was so pleasantly surprised at each point of contact I had from them from initial phone screen, interview phase, offer, welcome and on boarding process. Each person I have come into contact with seems to be genuinely interested in driving the goals of the business and it is a very exciting growth driven time here. I asked many questions before joining and Alliance to make sure it was a right fit, and now that I am in the role, it is so refreshing to know that each individual portrayed the company and the opportunity accurately and honestly. Alliance and my managers are clearly taking the time to invest in my understanding of the role, my responsibilities, and where I will fit in as part of the bigger picture. Such a great decision on my part to join the team!

Cons

Like so many other employers right the insurance benefits offer high deductibles, but there are many ways to offset that cost such as choosing a higher level policy or joining the company sponsored wellness plan!

Advice to Management

With so much business segmentation continue to drive those opportunities where we can get to know the people who make up Alliance outside of our usual team.

Feb 9, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Thank you for your review. We're glad to have you on the team:) - Deb

3. "Great place for drivers"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Take the truck home, amazing benefits, very flexible schedule, awesome management... did I mention the benefits are amazing?

Cons

None really. I guess working evening is a bit of a pain, but that's the price of working locally.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Feb 6, 2017 – Senior Director, Communications, Marketing & Investor Relations

Thank you for the feedback and for being part of the Alliance Team:)

5. "Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

Good opportunities for advancement and career development; senior leadership is good and focused on growth; really cares about patients; great people to work with; and they care about work/life balance; overall a good environment!

Cons

Not the best 401k matching program.

Advice to Management

Improve the 401k matching, continue to share news about the goals of the company and maintain concern about patient care!

6. "Great Company, Great People, Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Newport Beach, CA

Pros

Not only does Alliance promote healthcare solutions in the healthcare industry, but the company promotes healthy lifestyles with their employees. Everyone here at Corporate is very nice and friendly. They've given me plenty of tools to do my job.

Cons

As in any large organization, changes are always being made. It is a challenge is to keep abreast of it all!

7. "Office Manager / Office Coordinator"

Former Employee - Office Manager/Office Services Coordinator/Logistics Coordinator in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Appears to have high turnover.

Advice to Management

Pay your employee's a little more. Consistency in your Staff will ensure high quality work.

"Transportation Manager"

Former Employee - Transportation Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Transportation Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The job was ever changing and challenging career, the systems are state of the art imaging systems with complex customer requirements. My team delivered the systems on time almost 100% of the time over a large geographic area and a complex set of climate variables. The team we built was the best in the business and I still coach many of my former team members.

Cons

The biggest challenge of the position was the severe disconnect from the system managers and the transportation group. The company bonus structure was not built in a way to insure profitability and as a result they transfer management in and out often.

Advice to Management

The leadership team needs a strong leader in transportation to drive the success of both teams, the only way to keep the units profitable is to restructure the bonus program for the Operations team so it works with not against the Logistics group to control costs.

"A great job with a lot of potential to grown"

Current Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Chippewa, PA
    Current Employee - PET/CT Technologist in Chippewa, PA

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

you are your own boss. follow the rules set forth and your days are long lasting and very fulfilling.

Cons

a lot of benefits we have lost over the years

Advice to Management

for open positions use the staff you have and do not hire someone for one day a week.

10. "Alliance is a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great people and good synergy

Cons

Executive Row is not too friendly.

Advice to Management

Management needs to somehow get the various divisions to work more cohesively. There are so many smaller units (mobile and retail) who don't feel they get the attention they need.

11. "Caring, Engaged Organization!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Alliance HealthCare Services full-time

Pros

I have had a positive experience from the interview process to current, with Alliance Healthcare Services . Throughout the interview process and onboarding, each person was in-sync with what was going on at all levels of the organization, and was very transparent on what is needed to improve. In addition, this company has had tremendous growth , and I am seeing that opportunities are provided to existing employees before hiring on the outside. These are two important components to my decision to work for Alliance.

Cons

Continue to work on reducing the turnaround time to hire.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest time and resources for employees. The organization continues to thrive as we recognize and develop our existing talent. Thank you for the opportunity and being a part of an organization that cares for its employees, and the communities we serve.

May 24, 2017 – Corporate Communications

It's great to know that your experience has been so positive! We like to foster personal and professional growth, so Team Members have the opportunity to move within the organization. Thanks for ... More